Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Droffarc
First Officer
Flight distance : 11265331 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Part 2 of a tetralogy.

Sandy Bay is the unofficial "nudist beach", kept private by no direct vehicle access. This highly inaccessible beach offers a tranquil setting and a good break for surfing.
A clean and tidy bay with janitors and park patrols to guarantee a safe visit on Africas one and only nudist beach. Beware of the sun, with few shady places on the beach but lots of bushes in the hinterland ;-) and bring plenty of drinking water.
Sandy Bay is a nudist beach just south of Llandudno. It is on the west side of the Karbonkelberg, and cannot be seen from the main road to Hout Bay, which turns inland above Llandudno.

Sandy Bay is not easily accessible. There are two ways to get the beach, one can clamber over the rocks from the car park at the southern end of Llandudno or take a 20-minute walk from the car park at the northern end of Hout Bay. The car parks are rather small and parking is often insufficient – the only solution is getting there early or having to walk a little further.

Typically sedentary African oystercatchers rarely leave their territories, which include a nesting site and feeding grounds. These will usually be located on or near rocky shores where they can feed.
African oystercatchers predominantly feed on molluscs such as mussels and limpets, although are known to also feed on polychaetes, insects and potentially even fish.They are adapted to pry open mussels and loosen limpets off the rocks but have been recorded picking through sand to locate other food items.
The lifespan of an African oystercatcher is about 35 years, of which they are known to pair up for 25 years. Although adults are rarely predated most mainland egg and chick fatalities are due to disturbance by people, off-road vehicles, dog attacks and predation by the kelp gull (Larus dominicanus) and other avian predators such as DJI Drones which they will attack.

2023-5-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video!
2023-5-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks like a nice spot for sure.
2023-5-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done Droffarc.    
2023-5-24
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

Thank you Peter
2023-5-24
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

DAFlys Posted at 5-24 00:56
Looks like a nice spot for sure.

Indeed it is good for getting sunburned and dehydrated
2023-5-24
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-24 02:13
Nicely done Droffarc.

Thanks Downtown. I had intended it at a lower altitude but had to keep dodging the oystercatchers, they seem to be everywhere along the coast.
2023-5-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You're welcome!
2023-5-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Droffarc Posted at 5-24 02:38
Thanks Downtown. I had intended it at a lower altitude but had to keep dodging the oystercatchers, they seem to be everywhere along the coast.

You're very welcome Droffarc.    I see where DAFlys is also seeing lots of birds at this time of year.  I have some pesky gulls around but fortunately since I bought an air horn I can keep them scared away.  When they hung around they were pooping all over my dock and sometimes on my boat so I had to take action as I got tired of having to get out the pressure washer all the time.  
2023-5-24
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-24 03:20
You're very welcome Droffarc.    I see where DAFlys is also seeing lots of birds at this time of year.  I have some pesky gulls around but fortunately since I bought an air horn I can keep them scared away.  When they hung around they were pooping all over my dock and sometimes on my boat so I had to take action as I got tired of having to get out the pressure washer all the time.

Ja, they don't exactly have toilet manners.
Once long ago, I stayed at the Lamberts Bay Hotel and made the mistake of parking my car under a tree at the entrance, not knowing that the tree was the sleeping spot for the local gulls. Next day my car was a different color with interesting stripe patterns.

But don't get me wrong - I love birds and in fact all creatures and plants, even the thorny ones.
2023-5-24
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A lovely rugged coastline.  I think there's easier ways of getting an all-over tan. Like in the back yard
2023-5-24
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

Blériot53 Posted at 5-24 04:48
A lovely rugged coastline.  I think there's easier ways of getting an all-over tan. Like in the back yard

Depends on you neighbors point of view, I guess
The video I posted a year or two ago, showing a beach devoid of people, and called it a nude beach, still gets many views on U tub
2023-5-24
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Droffarc Posted at 5-24 06:52
Depends on you neighbors point of view, I guess
The video I posted a year or two ago, showing a beach devoid of people, and called it a nude beach, still gets many views on U tub

That's called Click-Bait  
2023-5-24
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

Blériot53 Posted at 5-24 07:01
That's called Click-Bait

<*Click*>   

2023-5-24
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It didn't click with me
2023-5-24
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

Blériot53 Posted at 5-24 09:58
It didn't click with me

It worked with the squirrel
2023-5-24
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Droffarc Posted at 5-24 10:50
It worked with the squirrel

But that title was unambiguous
2023-5-24
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

Blériot53 Posted at 5-24 10:52
But that title was unambiguous

I once had a nude river pose for me - talk about dry humour
2023-5-24
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Droffarc Posted at 5-24 11:06
I once had a nude river pose for me - talk about dry humour

Was that a (river) bed scene?  
2023-5-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Droffarc Posted at 5-24 03:44
Ja, they don't exactly have toilet manners.
Once long ago, I stayed at the Lamberts Bay Hotel and made the mistake of parking my car under a tree at the entrance, not knowing that the tree was the sleeping spot for the local gulls. Next day my car was a different color with interesting stripe patterns.

Turns out that was not the ideal place to park.  I like birds, even gulls, but I wish that they would conduct target practice elsewhere on my property.  Why pick on my dock and boat when there is over a hundred acres of trees, bushes and open land to practice on.  
2023-5-25
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

Blériot53 Posted at 5-24 11:12
Was that a (river) bed scene?

You should have seen! - what a scene!
2023-5-25
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-25 02:53
Turns out that was not the ideal place to park.  I like birds, even gulls, but I wish that they would conduct target practice elsewhere on my property.  Why pick on my dock and boat when there is over a hundred acres of trees, bushes and open land to practice on.

You mean they should use the lava trees instead.

They didn't call it the heads for nothing - as in   "Head for the trees!"
2023-5-25
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Droffarc Posted at 5-25 03:37
You should have seen! - what a scene!

Well I'm almost Sen-ile, so it may have been to mcu for my heart
2023-5-25
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

Blériot53 Posted at 5-25 03:43
Well I'm almost Sen-ile, so it may have been to mcu for my heart

Ya gotta go to Egypt for see Nile or Paris to be in seine
2023-5-25
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Droffarc Posted at 5-25 05:05
Ya gotta go to Egypt for see Nile or Paris to be in seine

I think we both belong in MADeira
2023-5-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Droffarc Posted at 5-25 03:41
You mean they should use the lava trees instead.

They didn't call it the heads for nothing - as in   "Head for the trees!"

Indeed they didn't.  Hope you are having a wonderful day Droffarc.
2023-5-25
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

I was wondering how it will turn out to have a camera drone around a nude beach, but luckily nothing too distracting was seen Would have thought the nudists wouldn't have liked the idea. But now that it seemed to be more peaceful and blurry, there seemed to be no problems and you could show us the great surroundings
2023-6-1
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

HGDC84 Posted at 6-1 09:39
I was wondering how it will turn out to have a camera drone around a nude beach, but luckily nothing too distracting was seen  Would have thought the nudists wouldn't have liked the idea. But now that it seemed to be more peaceful and blurry, there seemed to be no problems and you could show us the great surroundings

Some of them would not have minded, I am sure. That is why I selected a very quiet day and flew far out and high - mainly to avoid the attacking birds
2023-6-1
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Droffarc Posted at 6-1 12:39
Some of them would not have minded, I am sure. That is why I selected a very quiet day and flew far out and high - mainly to avoid the attacking birds

Yes, I am certain some would have even desired to show themselves on the camera. And it seems like you chose the distance and time well, no attacks here
2023-6-2
Use props
Codgerzh2
First Officer
Flight distance : 15567024 ft
United Kingdom

Looks isolated
2023-8-14
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer