DJI MIMO
1170 17 2023-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eugenekhoo
lvl.1

Malaysia

Hi,
My phone and app is in English (Malaysia) but when I record a timelapse or video in Mimo, it stores the location in Chinese. Is there a setting I'm missing?
2023-5-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, eugenekhoo. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you post a screenshot of the issue for further checking? Thank you.
2023-5-24
Use props
eugenekhoo
lvl.1

Malaysia

DJI Tony Posted at 5-24 00:18
Hi, eugenekhoo. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you post a screenshot of the issue for further checking? Thank you.

if I use my phone camera, the location is stored in English vs using DJI MIMO. This is with the Oslo Mobile 3.
2023-5-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

eugenekhoo Posted at 5-24 01:25
[view_image]

if I use my phone camera, the location is stored in English vs using DJI MIMO. This is with the Oslo Mobile 3.

Hello, there. When the Osmo Mobile 3 is used with a mobile phone for capturing as a handheld device, no GPS information is recorded in the captured image or video.

Note: There is a prompt stating “Get GPS Location” in the DJI Mimo app. This function is to display the location when uploading a file. You can also check whether you enable this setting: Privacy- Get GPS Location
2023-5-24
Use props
eugenekhoo
lvl.1

Malaysia

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-24 01:34
Hello, there. When the Osmo Mobile 3 is used with a mobile phone for capturing as a handheld device, no GPS information is recorded in the captured image or video.

Note: There is a prompt stating “Get GPS Location” in the DJI Mimo app. This function is to display the location when uploading a file. You can also check whether you enable this setting: Privacy- Get GPS Location

Yes, I've enabled it because that's what I want. Except the display location is in Chinese, not English.
2023-5-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

eugenekhoo Posted at 5-24 01:48
Yes, I've enabled it because that's what I want. Except the display location is in Chinese, not English.

Do you mean the Chinese "吉隆坡" means Kuala Lumpur in the detailed information of the picture?
2023-5-24
Use props
eugenekhoo
lvl.1

Malaysia

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-24 04:00
Do you mean the Chinese "吉隆坡" means Kuala Lumpur in the detailed information of the picture?

Yes. Not sure why it's in Chinese instead of the default or set language?
Here's another photo around the same time but I use the default camera app.
IMG_0139.jpg
2023-5-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

eugenekhoo Posted at 5-24 17:21
Yes. Not sure why it's in Chinese instead of the default or set language?
Here's another photo around the same time but I use the default camera app.

If the issue appears in the default camera album in the iPhone, we will recommend you consult with the manufacturer about the logic.
2023-5-25
Use props
eugenekhoo
lvl.1

Malaysia

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-25 04:21
If the issue appears in the default camera album in the iPhone, we will recommend you consult with the manufacturer about the logic.

The problem is only in the MIMO app. Why can’t it display English instead of Chinese is the question.
2023-5-25
Use props
eugenekhoo
lvl.1

Malaysia

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-25 04:21

The default app and other apps ie ProCamera store the location in English. Only MIMO stores the location in Chinese.
2023-5-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

eugenekhoo Posted at 5-25 04:29
The problem is only in the MIMO app. Why can’t it display English instead of Chinese is the question.

As we see, detailed information of the picture is shown in the default camera album and the GPS information saved in the DJI Mimo app is correct. Only the information display of the GPS is in Chinses but not English, right?
2023-5-26
Use props
eugenekhoo
lvl.1

Malaysia

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-26 05:07
As we see, detailed information of the picture is shown in the default camera album and the GPS information saved in the DJI Mimo app is correct. Only the information display of the GPS is in Chinses but not English, right?

Yes. that's why I'm trying to find a setting but the app has none. Language set on the phone is English so it is strange that it ignores that setting.
2023-5-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

eugenekhoo Posted at 5-26 17:11
Yes. that's why I'm trying to find a setting but the app has none. Language set on the phone is English so it is strange that it ignores that setting.

Got it. We will consult with our engineers and tell you the feedback.
2023-5-27
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

eugenekhoo Posted at 5-26 17:11
Yes. that's why I'm trying to find a setting but the app has none. Language set on the phone is English so it is strange that it ignores that setting.

Hello, there. Our engineers replied.
We have tested iPhone 13(iOS 16.4.1) and iPhone 11pro (iOS 16.0.1) from our side. Switched the language to English and took photos in DJI Mimo APP. At last, we opened the default album and check the GPS position of the photos but they all show English. Would you please tell us more information?
1. Please record a video and show us the process
2、the IOS version and DJI Mimo APP version
3、APP LOG
2023-5-29
Use props
eugenekhoo
lvl.1

Malaysia

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-29 03:13
Hello, there. Our engineers replied.
We have tested iPhone 13(iOS 16.4.1) and iPhone 11pro (iOS 16.0.1) from our side. Switched the language to English and took photos in DJI Mimo APP. At last, we opened the default album and check the GPS position of the photos but they all show English. Would you please tell us more information?
1. Please record a video and show us the process

let me try to do this and report back.
2023-6-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

eugenekhoo Posted at 6-2 22:06
let me try to do this and report back.

Thank you. We will wait for your reply.
2023-6-5
Use props
eugenekhoo
lvl.1

Malaysia

DJI Wanda Posted at 6-5 03:39
Thank you. We will wait for your reply.

Thanks for the follow-up. I've tested it around the house today and it seems to be back in English. I will try again this coming weekend at two different locations.
2023-6-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

eugenekhoo Posted at 6-5 05:44
Thanks for the follow-up. I've tested it around the house today and it seems to be back in English. I will try again this coming weekend at two different locations.

Thank you for your updates. Please let us know more details after that!
2023-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules