Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-12 23:41
My wood store is almost full and the overspill is about half full so I should get through next winter OK now.

Sounds like the free wood has been plentiful this year for you.  
2023-6-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-13 05:25
Sounds like the free wood has been plentiful this year for you.

It's not been bad,  we've had better years but since the energy costs went up a lot of people are opting to keep the wood to burn themselves. or at least thats what I've heard from two separate tree surgeons.
2023-6-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-14 00:48
It's not been bad,  we've had better years but since the energy costs went up a lot of people are opting to keep the wood to burn themselves. or at least thats what I've heard from two separate tree surgeons.

Well that would make sense then but at least you are still getting enough to carry you through the winter.  
2023-6-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-14 03:12
Well that would make sense then but at least you are still getting enough to carry you through the winter.

And for my sins I swept the chimney yesterday so we are now officially ready for winter.  
2023-6-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-14 23:21
And for my sins I swept the chimney yesterday so we are now officially ready for winter.

Fire wood cut - check.  Chimney swept - check.  Forget summer as you are already set for winter.  
2023-6-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-15 03:02
Fire wood cut - check.  Chimney swept - check.  Forget summer as you are already set for winter.

Well,    you can never guarantee here how long it will last.  That said we are starting to see wild fires popping up around the country,   and Im not surprised as at the weekend I saw someone had just thrown a cigarette into the long grass and walked off.  Luckily it didnt catch.
2023-6-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-15 23:06
Well,    you can never guarantee here how long it will last.  That said we are starting to see wild fires popping up around the country,   and Im not surprised as at the weekend I saw someone had just thrown a cigarette into the long grass and walked off.  Luckily it didnt catch.

Just another reason I abhor cigarette smokers.  You can't smoke in restaurants here which works out really great but when you walk out of the restaurants you see cigarette butts strewn across the parking lots.  Guess those smoker are just to lazy to put them in the provided butt kits.
2023-6-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-16 03:33
Just another reason I abhor cigarette smokers.  You can't smoke in restaurants here which works out really great but when you walk out of the restaurants you see cigarette butts strewn across the parking lots.  Guess those smoker are just to lazy to put them in the provided butt kits.

We banned it here years ago.  but Ive noticed now that when you stand in a shop next to someone that smokes that you really notice it more.  
2023-6-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-17 00:24
We banned it here years ago.  but Ive noticed now that when you stand in a shop next to someone that smokes that you really notice it more.

The scent of cigarette smoke tends to cling to smoker's clothes for sure.  At the barber shop I go to the barber once told me that he can smell smoke on people's hair.  
2023-6-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-18 02:09
The scent of cigarette smoke tends to cling to smoker's clothes for sure.  At the barber shop I go to the barber once told me that he can smell smoke on people's hair.

Just horrible.  
2023-6-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Agreed.  We used to have some hard core smokers on the Navy ships and the sponson they were allowed to smoke on was always smoke filled and smelly.  Some of the hard core smokers used to get really upset with the "smoking lamp" was out due to taking on fuel as that station was nearby the smoker's sponson.
2023-6-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-18 04:09
Agreed.  We used to have some hard core smokers on the Navy ships and the sponson they were allowed to smoke on was always smoke filled and smelly.  Some of the hard core smokers used to get really upset with the "smoking lamp" was out due to taking on fuel as that station was nearby the smoker's sponson.

Was that like a light bulb that would illuminate when smoking was permitted?
2023-6-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-18 23:30
Was that like a light bulb that would illuminate when smoking was permitted?

No just a saying.  They would announce over the 1MC "The smoking lamp is out due to taking on fuel or ammunition" for example.  Just the Navy's way of saying "cease smoking".
2023-6-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-19 02:59
No just a saying.  They would announce over the 1MC "The smoking lamp is out due to taking on fuel or ammunition" for example.  Just the Navy's way of saying "cease smoking".

Ah OK,  I imagined it like a red light just like being at battle stations.  
2023-6-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-19 03:17
Ah OK,  I imagined it like a red light just like being at battle stations.

Red lights are used on shipboard, just not as an indicator for smoking or non-smoking periods.  

The human eye is less sensitive to longer wavelengths, so red light is chosen to preserve the night vision of the Navy crew members while still allowing them to see their instrument panels and see in the distance while outside during periods of darkness.  
2023-6-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-19 11:43
Red lights are used on shipboard, just not as an indicator for smoking or non-smoking periods.  

Isn't that what they call anti submarine lighting??
2023-6-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-20 00:39
Isn't that what they call anti submarine lighting??

Not familiar with that but could be.  I use red lighting on the navigation bridge of my boat while underway in low light conditions because it helps my eyes see better off in the distance.  If you come out of a well lit room into a dark space it takes your eyes a few seconds or minutes to adjust and while underway that is time for an accident or something worse to happen.
2023-6-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-20 02:39
Not familiar with that but could be.  I use red lighting on the navigation bridge of my boat while underway in low light conditions because it helps my eyes see better off in the distance.  If you come out of a well lit room into a dark space it takes your eyes a few seconds or minutes to adjust and while underway that is time for an accident or something worse to happen.

I had the red lighting on a car I once had and Im sure it was called anti submarine lightning.  

Edit:  I just looked up the car and it was just called submarine lightning.  
2023-6-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-20 03:54
I had the red lighting on a car I once had and Im sure it was called anti submarine lightning.  

Edit:  I just looked up the car and it was just called submarine lightning.

Interesting.  I use red lights on the boat for compartment lighting, area lighting and emergency lighting systems.  They are simply called Marine Lighting.  they are designed with optical characteristics that can help to reduce fatigue and can be used tactically to switch from day to night mode enabling me or the crew when underway to retain sleep patterns.
2023-6-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-20 13:58
Interesting.  I use red lights on the boat for compartment lighting, area lighting and emergency lighting systems.  They are simply called Marine Lighting.  they are designed with optical characteristics that can help to reduce fatigue and can be used tactically to switch from day to night mode enabling me or the crew when underway to retain sleep patterns.

Probably for the same reason they used it on the car,  my current cars both allow you select which colour the lights are.
2023-6-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-21 02:48
Probably for the same reason they used it on the car,  my current cars both allow you select which colour the lights are.

Wow, that's a cool feature.  I'll need to see if that is available on any of the EVs I'm looking at.
2023-6-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-21 03:03
Wow, that's a cool feature.  I'll need to see if that is available on any of the EVs I'm looking at.

It's a bit naff really,  I set the colour when I got them and I dont think Ive changed it since.  
2023-6-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-21 03:09
It's a bit naff really,  I set the colour when I got them and I dont think Ive changed it since.

Yeah, but to have the option to change would be a bonus.
2023-6-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-21 13:55
Yeah, but to have the option to change would be a bonus.

Its better than nothing I suppose.
2023-6-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-21 23:34
Its better than nothing I suppose.

Having options is always nice as you never know when the whim will hit you to change the color.
2023-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules