Video is too much noise in day light. How can I fix it?
1168 13 2023-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Long Kim
lvl.1

Vietnam

I bought a new DJI Pocket 2. But when recording video, the video is noisy in daylight conditions, in low light it's even worse.

(Video 4k60 - iso: auto, white balance: auto)
Pls show me why? and how to fix it?
2023-5-24
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

If you could post a link to a sample video on YouTube, people would be able to see exactly what the scale of the problem is.
2023-5-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please upload the original, unedited video via Google Drive and send the link here to us so we can check it? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-5-24
Use props
Long Kim
lvl.1

Vietnam

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-24 19:30
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please upload the original, unedited video via Google Drive and send the link here to us so we can check it? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Thanks for your reply
Here is the original video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lpS2265eUqseMI8mRBbsShALBfduY07K/view
You can see much noise at 20st second

Sorry for large size
2023-5-30
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

I compared this file to my own recording and it looks the same. In some colors they do show more noise than others. Especially gray areas like you have in this video. Try shooting 25 or 30 fps so it gets double more light to the sensor and don't use "Hi Quality" mode. In my opinion it is just softening the image.

Remember this is a kids toy not Sony A7S3 with F1.4 lens in Ronin. Also some other cameras may do more noise reduction costing more power and battery.

BTW just noticed that if I view this video using VLC it looks A LOT worse than using Windows build in players. So try another media player.
2023-5-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Long Kim Posted at 5-30 04:45
Thanks for your reply
Here is the original video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lpS2265eUqseMI8mRBbsShALBfduY07K/view
You can see much noise at 20st second

Thank you for your response. Does all your footage show the same issue? Could you please try to back up all the files on your SD card and reformat it and see if there are some differences? We will also coordinate this with our relevant team for clarification. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
2023-6-1
Use props
djiuser_cDBZNdWcOPiw
New
United States

I can appreciate the OP! I have owned my camera for several months now, having purchased it for high-quality footage of real estate. My videos have the same low-quality appearance as what we see in the OPs picture. I struggle to see the same quality of video that I have seen on the more popular review YouTube channels.
2023-6-1
Use props
djiuser_cDBZNdWcOPiw
New
United States

Aavalaakso Posted at 5-30 08:08
I compared this file to my own recording and it looks the same. In some colors they do show more noise than others. Especially gray areas like you have in this video. Try shooting 25 or 30 fps so it gets double more light to the sensor and don't use "Hi Quality" mode. In my opinion it is just softening the image.

Remember this is a kids toy not Sony A7S3 with F1.4 lens in Ronin. Also some other cameras may do more noise reduction costing more power and battery.

"Remember this is a kids toy not Sony A7S3 with F1.4 lens in Ronin."

Wow. This wasn't what I wanted to hear. But wait, it IS what I want to hear! haha

Seriously, I am struggling with the quality of footage from this camera, finding that it really isn't much better than anything I've ever had before. I was really hoping that I'd be able to produce high-quality, high-end Real Estate video.
2023-6-1
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

djiuser_cDBZNdWcOPiw Posted at 6-1 11:55
"Remember this is a kids toy not Sony A7S3 with F1.4 lens in Ronin."

Wow. This wasn't what I wanted to hear. But wait, it IS what I want to hear! haha

I know your feeling. I have seen Full HD 1080 looking better, sharp and noiseless and I have seen many 4k videos noisy, blurry and poor colors. Resolution does not give quality. But commercials are feeding customers using big letters and numbers
2023-6-1
Use props
Long Kim
lvl.1

Vietnam

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-1 03:08
Thank you for your response. Does all your footage show the same issue? Could you please try to back up all the files on your SD card and reformat it and see if there are some differences? We will also coordinate this with our relevant team for clarification. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Thank you!
I will try with another SD card. Because i did format this card 2-3 times before, but after that video is noise as the before
2023-6-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

This is typical dji camera behavior (video mainly).
It is probably caused by how they process (enhance) their video footage, but I'm not sure about that.
Every DJI camera I have owned has had this so far.
I still like using them because they give me super nice stable footage and I just have to live with the noise (artifacts).
There are ways to minimize the visibility of the noise and tools to get rid of it in post (expensive), but I never bothered and just enjoy the lovely footage
2023-6-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Long Kim Posted at 6-1 23:29
Thank you!
I will try with another SD card. Because i did format this card 2-3 times before, but after that video is noise as the before

You're welcome. Please let us know after the test. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-6-3
Use props
Long Kim
lvl.1

Vietnam

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-3 02:20
You're welcome. Please let us know after the test. Thank you for your valued support.

Hi DJI Paladin!
I insert a new SD card (this card is using normal in DJI Mini SE)
But this DJI Pocket 2 can not detect this card, It shows Error

2023-6-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Long Kim Posted at 6-3 18:09
Hi DJI Paladin!
I insert a new SD card (this card is using normal in DJI Mini SE)
But this DJI Pocket 2 can not detect this card, It shows Error

Thank you for your response. We're sorry for this unpleasant experience. To ensure that the dark proportions of the view have sufficient brightness; DJI Pocket 2 will increase ISO to enhance the camera's exposure capability. The side effect of enhanced ISO is that hot pixels will increase. This is normal. Also, can you please confirm what camera mode are you currently using? If the current setting is Auto, Exposure mode, decrease the ISO MAX through the camera's automatic adjustment setting to avoid an ISO that is too high. If the current setting is Manual Exposure mode, decrease the ISO value. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules