Loose rear right arm.
760 6 2023-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_sbToXzTk5ONt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34573 ft
Italy

Hello, I have problem in the rear right arm with 3/4 mm oscillation when it is open.  The left arm is ok.  No crashes.  Solutions?  Papaseven.
2023-5-24
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

At a guess you dropped or crashed the drone and broke a rotation-stop lug off the inner end of the arm's pivot. A test would be to remove the single screw the secures the arm and see if you can, WITHOUT using great force, ease the arm out of the drone when the arm is in more than one position. An intact lug means that the arm can ONLY be eased out of the drone with the arm in one position. I recollect that that is the storage position. If the lug is broken off then the arm can be eased out of the drone in any position.

If correct the solution is to replace the arm which means opening the drone, unsoldering the motor & LED wiring, removing the arm, finding the broken off lug (with mine grease trapped the bit in the groove where it is supposed to move), replacing the arm and resoldering the wiring etc. etc.. It's a good idea to photograph the original, undisturbed wiring so that you know how things are routed and where the wires solder to. I doubt gluing the lug back onto the pivot will work, the break surface is probably contaminated with grease.
2023-5-24
Use props
djiuser_sbToXzTk5ONt
lvl.2
Italy

Hello, thank you for your kind and thorough explanation of how to solve my problem.  Unfortunately my English is very bad and therefore I have to use automatic translation.  I understood that it is a somewhat delicate operation and in any case I would have to find a new arm.  I bought the drone used two months ago and it seemed to me in excellent condition.  Personally, I've never dropped it or crashed.  I think I will try to contact dji support.  Thanks again for the time you gave me.  Papaseven
2023-5-24
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That's fair enough.
All DJI will suggest is to return the drone for assessment and repair. Their prices seem reasonable but I don't know what they will charge for this.
2023-5-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for this unpleasant experience. I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-5-24
Use props
djiuser_sbToXzTk5ONt
lvl.2
Italy

Ciao. Thank you dji Paladino for your interest in my case.  I will decide what to do.  Hello Papaseven
2023-5-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_sbToXzTk5ONt Posted at 5-25 09:40
Ciao. Thank you dji Paladino for your interest in my case.  I will decide what to do.  Hello Papaseven

You are most welcome. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Have a wonderful day ahead!
2023-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules