Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
3rd party apps on the GL300K RC
1035 13 2023-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DwightDG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33343 ft
United States

The most recent post I can find in this forum is 4 years ago.  So I am hoping that something has changed since then.

Drone Link supports the P4P v2.0 and the GL300K RC.

But to get started you have to install Google Play store first to download Dronelink on to the RC.

I can not get Google Play Store to load on to the RC.

Ant tips? Tricks?

TYIA

Dwight
2023-5-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Dwight. Thank you for reaching out. After the remote controller with a built-in screen is updated to v1.3.6.0 and later versions, free third-party software can be downloaded. However, paid software cannot be downloaded because the remote controller with a built-in screen does not have a Google framework.
2023-5-24
Use props
DwightDG
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-24 07:53
Hi, Dwight. Thank you for reaching out. After the remote controller with a built-in screen is updated to v1.3.6.0 and later versions, free third-party software can be downloaded. However, paid software cannot be downloaded because the remote controller with a built-in screen does not have a Google framework.

Thank you for that information.  Does DJI have any ETA of when that update will be sent to people who own the GL300K RC?
2023-5-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

DwightDG Posted at 5-30 11:35
Thank you for that information.  Does DJI have any ETA of when that update will be sent to people who own the GL300K RC?

Hi, Dwight. Are you pertaining to the firmware update?
2023-6-1
Use props
DwightDG
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-1 05:34
Hi, Dwight. Are you pertaining to the firmware update?

Yes, correct.  Approximate estimated date for the firmware update to v1.3.6.0

Dwight
2023-6-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

DwightDG Posted at 6-1 10:04
Yes, correct.  Approximate estimated date for the firmware update to v1.3.6.0

Dwight

Hi, Dwight. It has been released already. Please follow the steps below to perform the update:

1. Visit the DJI official website and go to the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 / Pro + V2.0 page to download the latest firmware “zip” to the root directory of the microSD card.
2. Insert the microSD card into the microSD Card slot of the remote controller of the Phantom 4 Pro + V2.0.
3. Power on the remote controller. Enter System Settings > System Upgrade, and click Local Update on the top-right corner. The latest firmware will show on the microSD card. Click Update to start updating.
4. After updating, restart the remote controller.
Notes:
1. Before preparation for upgrading, ensure that the aircraft and the remote controller at least have 50% power.
2. When using the DJI GO 4 app, ensure that the mobile device has access to the Internet.
3. When using the DJI Assistant 2, ensure that the computer has access to the Internet.
4. When using the DJI Assistant 2, do not disconnect the Micro USB cable.
5. When using the DJI Assistant 2, ensure that the aircraft or the remote controller is connected to the computer before powering on.
6. The firmware update will take around 15 minutes. It is normal that the gimbal will go limp, the aircraft status indicator blinks abnormally, and the aircraft reboots. Wait patiently until the update is complete.
7. After some firmware is updated, such flight control parameters as RTH Altitude and distance limit will be reset (Please refer to the Release Notes). Please adjust and reset the corresponding parameters after upgrading.

Hope this helps.
2023-6-2
Use props
DwightDG
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-2 04:40
Hi, Dwight. It has been released already. Please follow the steps below to perform the update:

1. Visit the DJI official website and go to the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 / Pro + V2.0 page to download the latest firmware “zip” to the root directory of the microSD card.

Yes thank you.

The only issue is that when I go to the DJI Offical website I do not see the download for
Copy the download file (GL300K_xxx.zip) to a Micro SD card.
I see Android Version v5.3.0for DJI Go 4 (which I have)
and
Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 Pro+ Remote Controller Firmware 01.00.04.00 which would not be the v 1.3.6.0 that you referenced.

No where on the P4P V2.0 download page do I see that app/update.

PLease advise and thank you for working me through this.
2023-6-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

DwightDG Posted at 6-2 05:53
Yes thank you.

The only issue is that when I go to the DJI Offical website I do not see the download for

Hi, Dwight. Let me verify this with our relevant team. We'll let you know once we receive an update.
2023-6-6
Use props
DwightDG
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-6 21:48
Hi, Dwight. Let me verify this with our relevant team. We'll let you know once we receive an update.

Any movement on this?
2023-11-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

DwightDG Posted at 11-30 08:00
Any movement on this?

Hello, there. Thank you for your follow-up. May we confirm if you tested the firmware available on our official website?
2023-12-1
Use props
DwightDG
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-1 04:43
Hello, there. Thank you for your follow-up. May we confirm if you tested the firmware available on our official website?

We are beyond that with the new firmware update that adds RID to the drone.  I updated the firmware yesterday.  The only issue I am having is the RID tries to use the Drone's Serial Number as the ID.  When I tell it to save it tells me that is not a valid ID number.

Suggestions?
2023-12-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

DwightDG Posted at 12-1 04:47
We are beyond that with the new firmware update that adds RID to the drone.  I updated the firmware yesterday.  The only issue I am having is the RID tries to use the Drone's Serial Number as the ID.  When I tell it to save it tells me that is not a valid ID number.

Suggestions?

Thank you for responding and update. May I confirm if you're using the serial number of the aircraft, or the flight controller SN which can be found on the app? In addition, I've sent you a direct message for further assistance.
2023-12-2
Use props
DwightDG
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-2 02:33
Thank you for responding and update. May I confirm if you're using the serial number of the aircraft, or the flight controller SN which can be found on the app? In addition, I've sent you a direct message for further assistance.

Direct message on what platform?

I do not see it here in the forum.
2023-12-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

DwightDG Posted at 12-2 04:48
Direct message on what platform?

I do not see it here in the forum.

Thanks for the reply. I've sent you a direct message here in the DJI Forum. You may refer to the image attached to view my message.

2023-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules