Help with memory
645 11 2023-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CBasualdo
lvl.1

Argentina

Hi. Planning to buy the Mini 3, I need to ask about memory.
  • Do I need an SD Card for the drone and another for the RC-N1
  • How much memory do you suggest for each?
  • What is the function for each of them?

Thanks in advance for your replies!
CB

2023-5-24
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

i suggest a minimum of 64g for minisd card storage.  you will need at least one card for the drone and it's optional to have a separate card for the controller.  the drone card will be used to store pictures and videos taken by the drone and the remote controller card could be used to capture and store the screen recordings, for example.
2023-5-24
Use props
CBasualdo
lvl.1

Argentina

The Saint Posted at 5-24 08:42
i suggest a minimum of 64g for minisd card storage.  you will need at least one card for the drone and it's optional to have a separate card for the controller.  the drone card will be used to store pictures and videos taken by the drone and the remote controller card could be used to capture and store the screen recordings, for example.

Thanks!!! I am decided to buy a 265 for the drone. I don't finish to understand what can the remote memory for the remote be used. I'm planning to buy the RC-N1 that doesn't have any screen, so I won't record it.

I read some post about trubles and DJI asking to send a flying file. Does this file stores in the remote memory? Because if this is the case, perhaps I can buy a smaller card, like 32 o 64.
2023-5-24
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

CBasualdo Posted at 5-24 13:47
Thanks!!! I am decided to buy a 265 for the drone. I don't finish to understand what can the remote memory for the remote be used. I'm planning to buy the RC-N1 that doesn't have any screen, so I won't record it.

I read some post about trubles and DJI asking to send a flying file. Does this file stores in the remote memory? Because if this is the case, perhaps I can buy a smaller card, like 32 o 64.

whatever you do, i don't think the price between memory cards is that much difference to consider the sizes so whatever size you go with should be fine.  256 might be overkills but if you can get it for $35 then ok.
2023-5-24
Use props
ken1403
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13719016 ft
  • >>>
United States

The  RC-N1does not use a microSD card. There is no slot to insert one in this controller.
2023-5-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

CBasualdo Posted at 5-24 13:47

I read some post about troubles and DJI asking to send a flying file. Does this file stores in the remote memory?
The recorded flight data is saved by the app in the phone or tablet you use for flying.
There's nowhere to put an SD card in the RC-N1 controller.
2023-5-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Our fellow DJI Members are correct, the DJI RC-N1 doesn't have an SD card slot and the SD card cannot be installed on the said controller. You may refer to the image below for the recommended SD card for your DJI Mini 3 aircraft. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.

2023-5-24
Use props
CBasualdo
lvl.1

Argentina

Thanks again to all of you. Excelent advice about no slot in RC-N1 control and that recording fly data is saved on the phone!!!! Happy to have reach this forum!!!
2023-5-25
Use props
nazgull
lvl.2
Canada

32 gb easily  works well for me. After each outing, I delete the old stuff  after I've archived what I want to keep somewhere else.  And, a smaller good card is better than a cheapo big card.  
So 64gb would be my  "safe" advice
2023-5-25
Use props
aurisoft
lvl.2
Flight distance : 91529 ft

Lithuania

Get Min 3 Pro instead of Mini 3. It doesn't have loads of good functions compared with M3P. And it is not about obstacle avoidance and ActiveTrack.
2023-5-26
Use props
CBasualdo
lvl.1

Argentina

aurisoft Posted at 5-26 00:29
Get Min 3 Pro instead of Mini 3. It doesn't have loads of good functions compared with M3P. And it is not about obstacle avoidance and ActiveTrack.

Yes, after reading and thinking that this will be my first drone, having no experience flying something, it make sense to go with M3P. I'm with you.

Thanks!
2023-5-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

CBasualdo Posted at 5-25 06:06
Thanks again to all of you. Excelent advice about no slot in RC-N1 control and that recording fly data is saved on the phone!!!! Happy to have reach this forum!!!

You are always welcome. Feel free to contact us back if you have other concerns. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules