Matrice 30T side by side with wide angle
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Latsabb
lvl.1
Norway

Hello,

I have been using the Mavic 3T for some time now, and take pretty much all of my videos in side by side mode, where when I zoom the standard video all the way out to 1x zoom, the thermal video matches the RGB video almost identically in captured area. This is incredibly important for the videos I typically take, that both sides capture pretty much the same spot.

Now I have picked up a Matrice 30T, loaded it up, put it into side by side, and I cannot zoom out more than 2x, meaning that the captured area on the left does not match the right. This seems to be due to it using the telephoto lens for the RGB video, but it there some way to change that? Otherwise I will be forced into manually stiching together the captured wide angle and IR video and crop it in post, which would massively increase the amount of work.

Thanks in advance!
2023-5-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Latsabb. Thank you for reaching out.  About the M30T, the minimum zoom multiple of the zoom camera and IR camera is 2X, while the field Angle of view of the wide camera, zoom camera, and IR camera is different, so there will be such a situation. There may not be a better solution at present, we recommend to do a video cropping.
2023-6-2
Use props
Latsabb
lvl.1
Norway

Thank you for your response. Is there a reason that there is no 1x zoom option for the standard camera side of the side by side? It seems odd that my M3T is capable of it (2x IR zoom and 1x RGB zoom seem to match almost exact) but my M30T, which is 5 times the price cannot do the same. Our M30T was bought so that we could operate in the rain, but it seems like we are pretty much always going to choose the M3T if possible because of this limitation. Side by side video where the IR and RGB match pretty much exactly is much more intuitive and valuable.
2023-6-2
Use props
harunkaradag
New

Turkey

Hello. DJI Gamora's answer to Latsabb's question did not make me happy at all. If you can't solve this problem, don't sell 30T. No meaning. We cannot change the camera either.
2023-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules