4372 43 2023-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Rumours are piling up to the new Air 3 that will be launching very soon. Twitter is buzzing with image leaks currently

Screenshot 2023-05-25 at 8.35.15 PM.png
2023-5-25
Use props
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068376 ft
Bangladesh

A short, shaky video of it has arrived as well. Here: https://twitter.com/DealsDrone/status/1661385513989816321?s=20
2023-5-25
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

As the Air (2 or 2S) size drone is the right size for me, I'm really looking forward to see the specifications!
2023-5-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looking forward to see what the "official" specs are but I'm definitely interested if it is a worthy upgrade from my Air 2S.  
2023-5-25
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

Probably no waypoints. I'm not going to upgrade until they add that.
2023-5-25
Use props
djiuser_U2obK9h5MSUw
lvl.2
Flight distance : 240351 ft
United Kingdom

If there is an air 3s on the horizon hopefully it as a longer lasting battery that will be compatible with the air 2s.
2023-5-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hahaha.  I posted these images the other day.   DJI thanked me for the interest in their products.
2023-5-26
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

djiuser_U2obK9h5MSUw Posted at 5-25 14:06
If there is an air 3s on the horizon hopefully it as a longer lasting battery that will be compatible with the air 2s.

There's a leaked picture of new battery design, very likely won't be compatible with Air2/2S...
2023-5-26
Use props
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068376 ft
Bangladesh

And another one from earlier today - https://twitter.com/Quadro_News/status/1661961955156869120?s=20
2023-5-26
Use props
LeBang
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1042448 ft
Vietnam

No aperture dynamic, waypoint, cruise control….

No upgrade.
2023-5-28
Use props
skawzy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 343766 ft
Serbia

In my opinion, I will probably keep my Air 2s.
2023-5-29
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

sduck Posted at 5-25 13:38

You will be holding out for a long time then.
2023-5-30
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
United States

Pastime Posted at 5-30 08:53
You will be holding out for a long time then.

Exactly, as per several other of my posts here. No point in rewarding DJI for promising repeatedly but not delivering on this.
2023-6-1
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
United States

sduck Posted at 6-1 05:41
Exactly, as per several other of my posts here. No point in rewarding DJI for promising repeatedly but not delivering on this.

Promising to my knowledge was a word that I do not believe was ever used by DJI.
2023-6-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

So it seems yes.
2023-6-2
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
United States

Pastime Posted at 6-1 09:01
Promising to my knowledge was a word that I do not believe was ever used by DJI.

I realized right after hitting the "post" button that someone would take issue with my use of that word. Because it's the internet, and people will argue about anything. Whatever. Challenge: find the right word that fits my point. I.E. the hardware and software is capable of having waypoints, it's just a matter of turning it on in the software; they've never said it's not possible, just that they've "passed the request on to the responsible department" over and over, for two years now. If they're not going to make waypoints available to us, they should just say so, and stop stringing us along.
2023-6-2
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
United States

sduck Posted at 6-2 13:21
I realized right after hitting the "post" button that someone would take issue with my use of that word. Because it's the internet, and people will argue about anything. Whatever. Challenge: find the right word that fits my point. I.E. the hardware and software is capable of having waypoints, it's just a matter of turning it on in the software; they've never said it's not possible, just that they've "passed the request on to the responsible department" over and over, for two years now. If they're not going to make waypoints available to us, they should just say so, and stop stringing us along.

I know what you are saying about them saying we will pass this on to the responsible department.
Which of course probably never happens.Kind of getting sickening.
2023-6-2
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

I wouldn't put much validity to leaked photos.  These could be anything.  Even other branded drones.  It is like spotting UFOs we can hope to spot one and can look at the pictures of the ones caught on camera, but are they real?  I can't wait to see the next version myself of the Air series myself but I am not waste my time trying to look up pictures so called leaked pictures of something that can't be verified 100%.
2023-6-4
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I’m very happy with my Air 2S.

If I made money off my photos and videos then I would consider upgrading.
What would it’s key feature be this time?
2023-6-6
Use props
fable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6224147 ft
Cyprus

The most essential upgrades for Air2S would be:
battery life,
EU  C1 label,
better connectivity and newer data transmission system,
better low-light performance
and perhaps 360 obstacle avoidance.
2023-6-8
Use props
fable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6224147 ft
Cyprus

But to keep Mavic 3 classic alive they would probably not include some of the above upgrades.
2023-6-8
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
Spain

sduck Posted at 5-25 13:38

Instead of wishing for waypoints I'd be hoping for an SDK. Then apps like DroneLink or Litchi can implement waypoints far better than DJI currently does. The Mavic 3's don't look like they'll ever have an SDK but maybe DJI will carry on the Mavic Air's tradition of releasing one.
2023-6-8
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
United States

The SDK has been out for a long time.
2023-6-10
Use props
Giebler
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81280 ft
United States

I finally updated to the Air 2S from the Mavic Air 2 simply because of the remote ID capability.  I didn't want to mess around with putting a module on my Air 2.

The only way I would upgrade to the Air 3 is if it had the following:

1. Longer air time (hopefully 40 minutes or more)
2. 360 obstacle avoidance - I use my drones to follow me on my bike and I limit myself to following from behind due to the lack of side sensors.
3. A similar price to the Air 2S - can't justify spending more.

I don't need a second lens but if I had to pick between the 3x or 7x I would want the one with the higher quality image.

I don't use 4K video so the Air 2S (and the Air 2) have all I need.

The Air series is just the right size and quality for putting in my bike bag - the Mavic 3 is too big and the Minis are too light for my purpose.

I find myself looking for rumors and leaks every day to see if the Air 3 is coming out.
2023-6-11
Use props
fansbafd0677
lvl.1

United States

virtual Posted at 5-25 09:40
As the Air (2 or 2S) size drone is the right size for me, I'm really looking forward to see the specifications!

I currently have the DJI Mini 2. It was the first drone I ever purchased and I’ve been really happy with it. That being said, I started my own marketing company last year and need a more substantial device. In your opinion, should I go ahead and get the Air 2S now or wait for the Air 3? I thought DJI was announcing the release yesterday but I never saw anything come out.
2023-6-29
Use props
DroneXL.co
lvl.4
Flight distance : 635735 ft
  • >>>
United States

Newly leaked photos here: https://dronexl.co/2023/06/29/dj ... light-time-pricing/
2023-6-29
Use props
fansbafd0677
lvl.1

United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-25 10:31
Looking forward to see what the "official" specs are but I'm definitely interested if it is a worthy upgrade from my Air 2S.

Good afternoon. I currently own the DJI Mini 2 and it’s the only drone I’ve ever purchased/operated. Now that I own my own marketing company, I’m looking to upgrade to a more substantial unit, while not breaking the bank. The Air 2S looks like the perfect drone for me, but with rumors of the Air 3’s upcoming release, do you think I should wait to buy it instead of the Air 2S? Wish they’d give us more info about the Air 3!
2023-6-29
Use props
fansbafd0677
lvl.1

United States

Good afternoon. I currently own the DJI Mini 2 and it’s the only drone I’ve ever purchased/operated. Now that I own my own marketing company, I’m looking to upgrade to a more substantial unit, while not breaking the bank. The Air 2S looks like the perfect drone for me, but with rumors of the Air 3’s upcoming release, do you think I should wait to buy it instead of the Air 2S? Wish they’d give us more info about the Air 3!
2023-6-29
Use props
AroundTheWorldz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 220367 ft
France

fable Posted at 6-8 04:24
But to keep Mavic 3 classic alive they would probably not include some of the above upgrades.

The Mavic 3 Classic is dead and even more if the rumored prices are confirmed. The Air 3 will be lighter, smaller, cheaper, with a dual camera system and an RC with antenas that are supposed to address the signal issue of the DJI RC. Is there really someone who is going to buy an overpriced and less equiped Mavic 3 Classic after that? Too bad that I didn't wait a bit longer. I feel scammed.

2023-6-29
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansbafd0677 Posted at 6-29 10:43
Good afternoon. I currently own the DJI Mini 2 and it’s the only drone I’ve ever purchased/operated. Now that I own my own marketing company, I’m looking to upgrade to a more substantial unit, while not breaking the bank. The Air 2S looks like the perfect drone for me, but with rumors of the Air 3’s upcoming release, do you think I should wait to buy it instead of the Air 2S? Wish they’d give us more info about the Air 3!

I would definitely wait for the new specs to be released.
2023-6-30
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

DroneXL.co Posted at 6-29 05:29
Newly leaked photos here: https://dronexl.co/2023/06/29/dji-air-3-dual-camera-flight-time-pricing/

This is the best rumor leak I seen to date. Thanks for sharing!

I'm at a point in my fleet hanger that it won't be too hard to pass on the Air 3. But I do look forward to an Air 3"x". It just doesn't off anything that I don't already have access to.
2023-6-30
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 6-30 02:53
This is the best rumor leak I seen to date. Thanks for sharing!

I'm at a point in my fleet hanger that it won't be too hard to pass on the Air 3. But I do look forward to an Air 3"x". It just doesn't off anything that I don't already have access to.

same here; gonna take a pass on this one.  maybe one day mini and air will merge as a super sub-250 drone and maybe then....
2023-6-30
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

AroundTheWorldz Posted at 6-29 12:39
The Mavic 3 Classic is dead and even more if the rumored prices are confirmed. The Air 3 will be lighter, smaller, cheaper, with a dual camera system and an RC with antenas that are supposed to address the signal issue of the DJI RC. Is there really someone who is going to buy an overpriced and less equiped Mavic 3 Classic after that? Too bad that I didn't wait a bit longer. I feel scammed.

perhaps you should wait for the Air 3 Pro and that should help alleviate the hard feelings from DJI; I feel your pain.
2023-6-30
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Good afternoon. I currently own the DJI Mini 2 and it’s the only drone I’ve ever purchased/operated. Now that I own my own marketing company, I’m looking to upgrade to a more substantial unit, while not breaking the bank. The Air 2S looks like the perfect drone for me, but with rumors of the Air 3’s upcoming release, do you think I should wait to buy it instead of the Air 2S? Wish they’d give us more info about the Air 3!

unless the air 2s can get had for a killer deal, i would wait for the air 3 specs and go from there since i believe it is always better to buy the newest model if you are sensitive to future features and compatibility.  for example, if one day the air 3 gets waypoints, you can't complain with the air 2s.
2023-6-30
Use props
AroundTheWorldz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 220367 ft
France

The Saint Posted at 6-30 06:48
perhaps you should wait for the Air 3 Pro and that should help alleviate the hard feelings from DJI; I feel your pain.

Not a chance I will give any more penny to DJI haha
2023-6-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansbafd0677 Posted at 6-29 09:39

The Air 2S is an excellent drone.  However, with the imminent release of the Air 3 I'd certainly want to see what upgrades are available.  If they aren't enough to sway you to the Air 3 you can always pick up an Air 2S as no doubt they will continue to be sales on them.
2023-6-30
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

I believe the Air2S is a great drone and can bring you lots of joy and bring you lots of professional photos and videos.  The official specs of the Air 3 are not released yet.  Heck the page that was shared with us may or may not be the real thing. Most likely it is real, but it doesn't have a release date yet.  It could be next year as far as you know.  The Air2S is a great all in one drone.  It handles well and has a great camera on it.  I bought mine in January and I don't regret it at all.  If I were purchasing a drone today I might wait a month to see what is happening with the market.  DJI may surprise us soon with this.  But the Air2S may come down in price before the release of the Air 3 as well.
2023-7-1
Use props
fans2be35777
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Waypoint has been added Air 3 as per reports. I will still hold out for a air 3s.
2023-7-12
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
United States

fans2be35777 Posted at 7-12 22:50
Waypoint has been added Air 3 as per reports. I will still hold out for a air 3s.

Source? They never added it to the 2S despite millions of requests.
2023-7-13
Use props
fans2be35777
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Waypoint and vertical camera option confirmed. The drone will feature two cameras and a 1 1/3inch sensor. Sounds good but I will hold out for the 3s.
2023-7-13
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules