Got my DJI Pocket 2 today and doesn't turn on
2927 20 2023-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kazzzzzzzzzz
New

Australia

I just received my DJI Pocket 2 today by mail and excitedly tried turning it on, nothing happened. I held down the button for ages and still nothing happened.
I put it on charge for over 3 hours (green light blinks 3 times - according to your instruction booklet this means it has 70% battery) and pressed the power button once. Nothing happened.
I pressed the power button for longer and still nothing happened.
I can't connect to the app to activate because it requires it to be turned on. The thing won't turn on.
Please help. I need it for my wedding this weekend and I chose this over buying a camera thinking it would be the better option.

Please help

2023-5-25
Use props
Marty Markoe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you press the power button on the side or the one in lower right?
2023-5-25
Use props
kazzzzzzzzzz
New

Australia

The side button where the sticker said power button.
2023-5-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please provide us with a short video showing the issue when you turn on the unit? You may upload the video via Google Drive or Youtube and send the link here to us. Also, please make sure to activate your newly received DJI Pocket 2. I will post a tutorial video on how to use the DJI Pocket 2 for the first time. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

2023-5-25
Use props
djiuser_gESt9GRBjqtA
New

Luxembourg

Hello
I have the same problem: first use and my DJI pocket 2 won’t turn on despite charging it overnight. I watched the tutorial 7 times before charging and unboxing my DJI pocket 2.
Could it have to do with the fact that I haven’t inserted a micro SD card yet? Do I have to insert one for the pocket 2 to switch on?
Thank you for any support you could bring
2023-8-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_gESt9GRBjqtA Posted at 8-12 03:23
Hello
I have the same problem: first use and my DJI pocket 2 won’t turn on despite charging it overnight. I watched the tutorial 7 times before charging and unboxing my DJI pocket 2.
Could it have to do with the fact that I haven’t inserted a micro SD card yet? Do I have to insert one for the pocket 2 to switch on?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Would please provide us the device serial number and a short video showing the issue when you try to turn on the device? Thanks.

*If you could not post here, you could upload to a share drive and provide us the link. (*Please set the permission as public)
2023-8-12
Use props
smbishop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1786919 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good luck, this must be frustrating.  Hopefully something will work out, it is an amazing camera!
2023-8-12
Use props
Joudar
New

United States

I've got exactly the same problem as kazzzzzzzzzz.
The camera just doesn't respond to pressing the power button despite having it charged. Is there anybody who was able to work it out?
1-1 13:04
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Joudar Posted at 1-1 13:04
I've got exactly the same problem as kazzzzzzzzzz.
The camera just doesn't respond to pressing the power button despite having it charged. Is there anybody who was able to work it out?

Hello there. Do you press and hold the power button? Will it be fine if you post a video showing the operation for further checking? Thank you.
1-2 01:17
Use props
djiuser_0Jd9ezvmUzmy
New

Australia

Same problem and in advance I can't attach any video as it is the same bug that everyone is facing let us know that why this bug is coming to nearly everyone.
I have lost $1200 project just because this brand new thing is not turning on!!!!!!!
We bought a new piece but why we are supposed to wait for the whole replacement and refund process?? If this is a faulty product why DJI still ain't recalled it??
2-2 04:01
Use props
djiuser_9f6ZkYxJ6GY4
New

Austria

Got the same problem.
Bought it NEW.
It’s loaded 50-70% in my case (3x green blinking).
Pull the cable out
And it doesn’t turn on with the power button.
Doesn’t turn on with the function button.
Pressing them both doesn’t work.
It doesn’t matter if I press it short, long, a few seconds.
Sd card in and out. Different adapters on.
Different cables for loading.
Cables in and out.
Never turns on.
2-7 11:44
Use props
kazzzzzzzzzz
New

Australia

I ended it up going to DJI and it ended up being a fault. We did an exchange for the device through the retailer we got it from as we didn't get it through DJI.

Thankfully it was a smooth process and the second one worked as it was suppose to.
2-7 11:47
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_0Jd9ezvmUzmy Posted at 2-2 04:01
Same problem and in advance I can't attach any video as it is the same bug that everyone is facing let us know that why this bug is coming to nearly everyone.
I have lost $1200 project just because this brand new thing is not turning on!!!!!!!
We bought a new piece but why we are supposed to wait for the whole replacement and refund process?? If this is a faulty product why DJI still ain't recalled it??

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience that this has caused you. Please try to charge first the unit for approximately 2-3 hours and check if the issue persists. If the unit still won't turn on, please if you purchase your unit from a local dealer or straight to our store website. If you purchase the unit on our store website, please contact our team at https://www.dji.com/support to start up a ticket. Rest assured that the warranty will be applied depending on the damage assessment conducted on the unit. We appreciate your understanding and support.
2-9 02:09
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_9f6ZkYxJ6GY4 Posted at 2-7 11:44
Got the same problem.
Bought it NEW.
It’s loaded 50-70% in my case (3x green blinking).

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble. Could you please upload a video showing the issue so we can check it further? You may upload the video via Google drive or YouTube then send the link here. We appreciate your cooperation.
2-9 02:10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

kazzzzzzzzzz Posted at 2-7 11:47
I ended it up going to DJI and it ended up being a fault. We did an exchange for the device through the retailer we got it from as we didn't get it through DJI.

Thankfully it was a smooth process and the second one worked as it was suppose to.

Hi there. We're glad that you have now received your replacement DJI Osmo Pocket 2. Should you have other inquiries or concerns about your new unit, feel free to contact us. Thank you for your valued support.
2-9 02:11
Use props
djiuser_V4gjMx0Wy69N
New

United States

Same issue, 3 green flash, totally dead

Has anyone fixed this issue yet without having to replace the unit?  Mine is only a couple years old, and has only a handful of uses.  Was the Creator Combo.  It's completely unresponsive aside from the green 3 flash light and a high-pitched noise when plugged into the charger.  Won't turn on, doesn't flicker, nothing...  Disappointing to say the least.
2-17 19:33
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_V4gjMx0Wy69N Posted at 2-17 19:33
Has anyone fixed this issue yet without having to replace the unit?  Mine is only a couple years old, and has only a handful of uses.  Was the Creator Combo.  It's completely unresponsive aside from the green 3 flash light and a high-pitched noise when plugged into the charger.  Won't turn on, doesn't flicker, nothing...  Disappointing to say the least.

Hi. You can send it for repair. Please submit a Repair Request on the DJI official website. You can use the following link: https://support.dji.com/. The warranty can be applied depending on the assessment's outcome, including your unit's warranty period. We appreciate your patience. Have a great day ahead.
2-19 00:09
Use props
Gentek
New

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-19 00:09
Hi. You can send it for repair. Please submit a Repair Request on the DJI official website. You can use the following link: https://support.dji.com/. The warranty can be applied depending on the assessment's outcome, including your unit's warranty period. We appreciate your patience. Have a great day ahead.

Thank you for the reply.  

It sounds like the answer is no, the unit must be repaired or replaced (both at my cost).  The unit says it's out of warranty when I checked.  A shame since it's only been used maybe 5 times.  I would assume that the battery has a slow drain when it's off and has now failed, based on all the other people with this issue.

Without knowing what the repair would cost, I don't think I'm going to just randomly send it in...
2-19 17:17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Gentek Posted at 2-19 17:17
Thank you for the reply.  

It sounds like the answer is no, the unit must be repaired or replaced (both at my cost).  The unit says it's out of warranty when I checked.  A shame since it's only been used maybe 5 times.  I would assume that the battery has a slow drain when it's off and has now failed, based on all the other people with this issue.

Hello. DJI will send you a quotation through email after the damage assessment. If you do not want to proceed with the repair, you can request to send it back to you unrepaired. If you are currently in the US the shipping is free. I suggest contacting the DJI Supports for assistance. Please use this link: https://support.dji.com/. Have a nice day.
2-20 03:20
Use props
Gentek
New

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-20 03:20
Hello. DJI will send you a quotation through email after the damage assessment. If you do not want to proceed with the repair, you can request to send it back to you unrepaired. If you are currently in the US the shipping is free. I suggest contacting the DJI Supports for assistance. Please use this link: https://repair.dji.com/us/repair/index. Have a nice day.

Thank you for your help
2-20 05:24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Gentek Posted at 2-20 05:24
Thank you for your help

You are most welcome. Please keep us posted if you have further concerns. Have a great day.
2-21 02:45
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules