INVALID KMZ FILE FORMAT - DJI Pilot 2 - on Smart Controller Enter...
4443 7 2023-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IAChiritescu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36089 ft
Romania

Helloo to all of you.
I have a problem importing kml or kmz files into DJI Pilot 2 app.
How i made the kml/kmz file :
          I have a polygon boundary limit for a county in Autocad as a dxf or dwg file, then i am importing the file in GlobalMapper and i export the file as a vector format in kml/kmz.
The problem appear when i am importing the kml/kmz file intro Smart Remote Controller, on DJI Pilot 2 app, where i get this message : INVALID KMZ FILE FORMAT
I have searched online for this problem but without any success.
Please advice me what shoul i do, or what i did wrong. The same file works fine in Map Pilot Pro app on a DJI P4 pro v2.0

If someone have the same problem please leave me a comment.
2023-5-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, IAChiritescu. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm what type of mission did you choose?
2023-5-30
Use props
IAChiritescu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36089 ft
Romania

Hi. Mission Planning. 2D maps
2023-5-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

IAChiritescu Posted at 5-30 07:54
Hi. Mission Planning. 2D maps

Hi, IAChiritescu. Thank you for the reply. For DJI Pilot, KML import is supported by all flight missions. There are three types of issues:

1. Import failure
1) Please import the KML file following the corresponding app method. Make sure that the KML file storage path and operation are correct.
2) Apps have different requirements for the number of vectors in KML. Except for GS PRO which supports to import multiple vectors, other apps only support importing KML files containing one vector.
3) Check whether the format and type are correct, such as whether it is KML or KMZ, and whether KML in path type is imported for linear flight missions. Currently, KML placemarks are not supported.
4) When using DJI Pilot, based on the error report, check whether there are more tags such as <folder> or <MultiGeometry> in KML, then perform the corresponding solution.

2. KML not displayed after importing
1) Check whether the format and type are correct, such as whether it is KML or KMZ, and whether KML in path type is imported for linear flight missions. Currently, KML placemarks are not supported.  
2) If the scope is large, click the KML and wait for it to load.

3. Flight route cannot be generated after importation and only the outline can be seen
The shape of KML may be more complicated, and there are some concave positions. As the app will generate extension areas based on the KML range by default, if one of the corner points has a small angle, it may not be able to generate a route due to the conflict of the extension area. In this case, set the expansion distance to Manual or reduce the expansion distance. Or try to use KML without concave positions.
2023-6-5
Use props
djiuser_StyEZuX7X69b
New

Vietnam

I see DJI increasingly complicating things and giving users less power. like pilot 2 exporting kmz cannot be tested like the pilot exporting kml. really dissatisfied
2023-10-25
Use props
djiuser_StyEZuX7X69b
New

Vietnam

I see DJI increasingly complicating things and giving users less power. like pil ot 2 export kmz cannot be tested like the p ilot export kml. really dissatisfied
2023-10-25
Use props
djiuser_StyEZuX7X69b
New

Vietnam

I see DJI increasingly complicating things and giving users less power. like pil ot 2 export kmz cannot be tested like the p ilot export kml. really dissatisfied
2023-10-25
Use props
AP3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2821345 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have to use add polygon
6 hours ago
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now