Insufficient SD card space, in spite 256gb available space.
760 10 2023-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

I normally copy the files to my hard drive then delete the images from the card so the file number can continue. Off late I have been getting the warning & recording stops mid flight stating card full. On Ground it gave me warning Insufficient SD card space, in spite 256gb available space.
Since Dji doesnt let sequencial file numbering by users I use the copy then delete method so file numbers dont get duplicated & can remain in 1 root folder with sub sub folders named as follows.

Root Folder (all images & videos are kept in this folder)
> Hyperlapse
>> each hyperlapse folder numbered sequencialy
>>> each numbered folder has 3 sub folders

> Panorama
>> each panorama folder numbered sequencialy
>>> each numbered folder has 3 sub folders

>Movies
>>Screen shots
>> Screen recordings

Flight Data Recorder
> all logs are copied in this folder & deleted after 30 days.

This way I stay away from duplicate file names getting clashed but on getting errors the only solution I could apply was to format the SD card which I knew will solve the problem but now has created a major problem bcoz file names start again from 0001 thus cant be copied in the root folder due to duplicate file names.

Why cant Dji retain the file numbering on sd card format like all the camera let us do till 9999?
Please Dji solve this mess up by adding this feature.

Screenshot_20230525-193514.png
2023-5-25
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

I agree with you that the file numbering should be preserved. But you copy all the files to one directory, what do you have in excess of 9999 files?
2023-5-25
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

No I maintain root directory up to 9999 files only
after that I would have formatted the card & started another Folder named as Media 2 to copy files started from 0001

Being a professional Yes I have in access of 9999 files per year, usually 30K images in 3 folders.
2023-5-25
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

Ranjan Posted at 5-25 08:34
No I maintain root directory up to 9999 files only
after that I would have formatted the card & started another Folder named as Media 2 to copy files started from 0001

I make folders by shooting date.
2023-5-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

When you delete the files from the card, they remain there taking up space and you need to format the card to clear the space.
If you format the card in a computer, your file numbering sequence should continue from where it left off.
That's how it worked with the Mavic 3.
Formatting in the drone reset the file numbering back to 001.

With DJI you cannot go to 9999 images because DJI only use 3 digit file numbering.
999 is the highest you get before resetting to 001.

And dumping all your images in the same folder is a very clumsy system.
Use different folders for different dates/locations.

2023-5-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you're on May do an Option + Command + Back space to do the delete,  it will actually delete the flles rather than moving them to a bin on the sd card.
2023-5-26
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

Labroides Posted at 5-25 17:07
When you delete the files from the card, they remain there taking up space and you need to format the card to clear the space.
If you format the card in a computer, your file numbering sequence should continue from where it left off.
That's how it worked with the Mavic 3.

Formatting the card on my Mac Changes its name every time, moreover as a practice last 3 decades I always format the cards in their respective cameras to avoid cards getting corrupted.
screenshot_494.jpg
2023-5-26
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

DAFlys Posted at 5-26 00:31
If you're on May do an Option + Command + Back space to do the delete,  it will actually delete the flles rather than moving them to a bin on the sd card.

I will try this method from tomorrow onwards & hope this solves the problem.
Thanks.
2023-5-26
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

you probably have a fake card
2023-5-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Ranjan Posted at 5-26 09:08
Formatting the card on my Mac Changes its name every time, moreover as a practice last 3 decades I always format the cards in their respective cameras to avoid cards getting corrupted.

moreover as a practice last 3 decades I always format the cards in their respective cameras to avoid cards getting corrupted.
And I've been formatting cards in the computer for almost that long and never had any problems.
2023-5-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ranjan Posted at 5-26 09:09
I will try this method from tomorrow onwards & hope this solves the problem.
Thanks.

The other option is to empty the recycle bin as that will also clear what youve deleted on the card,  but the   option +cmd trick is quicker.   You'll get a different confirmation so you know it works.

for example

2023-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules