1183 8 2023-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dwarfland
lvl.2
Flight distance : 288038 ft
United States

Hi.

i'm traveling and i just flew my Mini 3 Pro, took a few photos and a video and landed it. When I plugged my SD card into the computer, as I always do, none of the new photos I took were on the card — all the ones from my previous shoots still were. I checked the library view on the RC, same, no new photos.

So I took a new photo with the drone just sitting there. it snows in the library fine. i eject the card and plug it into the Mac — not there. i plug it back in the drone — not there in the library view either. I take another one; same thing happens. Everything I shoot seems to be lost.

It's *not* getting stored on the internal storage either; I plugged the drone straight into the Mac, and I see both "drives", but the internal one is completely empty.

After turning of the drone, 1 see ~1m of video footage labeled as "cache" in the library view in the RC.

What could be going on? I'm really anxious to shoot some footage while I'm in this location...
2023-5-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm what SD card are you currently using? Kindly please try to back up all the files on the SD card and please reformat it and have a test flight to see if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-5-25
Use props
dwarfland
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-25 16:31
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm what SD card are you currently using? Kindly please try to back up all the files on the SD card and please reformat it and have a test flight to see if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Found the problem. I always shoot RAW, so to avoid hassle with the duplicate JPEG files when importing to Lightroom, I had Hazel.app configured to automatically move the JPEGs to the trash ;). It seems somehow the drone reverted to shooting only JPEG, without my interaction (I've seen it lose other settings, such as 48MP vs. 12MP, before, but not this one).
PS: why does the forum cut off the text when I use emoji? Had to go and retype this again. is this a known issue?
2023-5-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

dwarfland Posted at 5-25 17:16
Found the problem. I always shoot RAW, so to avoid hassle with the duplicate JPEG files when importing to Lightroom, I had Hazel.app configured to automatically move the JPEGs to the trash ;).
PS: why does the forum cut off the text when I use emoji? Had to go and retype this again. is this a known issue?

Thank you for keeping us posted. We're glad that you managed to isolate the issue that you experience. Regarding the DJI Forum emoji, please use the dedicated emoticon on the reply window. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-5-25
Use props
dwarfland
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-25 18:42
Thank you for keeping us posted. We're glad that you managed to isolate the issue that you experience. Regarding the DJI Forum emoji, please use the dedicated emoticon on the reply window. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.

> Regarding the DJI Forum emoji, please use the dedicated emoticon on the reply window.

yes, but it's rather bad that the editor lets you add emoji, and then just loses all the text you typed, when you post...
2023-5-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

dwarfland Posted at 5-26 11:17
> Regarding the DJI Forum emoji, please use the dedicated emoticon on the reply window.

yes, but it's rather bad that the editor lets you add emoji, and then just loses all the text you typed, when you post...

Thank you for the clarification. Could you please provide us a screen recording showing the issue so we can check, dwarfland? Thank you for your cooperation.
2023-5-27
Use props
dwarfland
lvl.2
United States

Sure thing, will do once I’m at the computer.
2023-5-27
Use props
dwarfland
lvl.2
United States

dwarfland Posted at 5-27 03:11
Sure thing, will do once I’m at the computer.

This is a post
2023-5-27
Use props
dwarfland
lvl.2
United States

2023-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules