o(^-^)o
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 6-5 05:35
Oh looks like I won't be swimming there

I hear you on that.  I'm not afraid of them but I do respect them and for the  most part they do leave me alone.  Now alligators, that's a whole different story as I'm afraid of them.  I'm very careful when I dive in fresh water lakes and rivers.  
2023-6-5
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-5 15:24
I hear you on that.  I'm not afraid of them but I do respect them and for the  most part they do leave me alone.  Now alligators, that's a whole different story as I'm afraid of them.  I'm very careful when I dive in fresh water lakes and rivers.

A lot danger down in the south there
2023-6-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 6-6 01:02
A lot danger down in the south there

Can be a bit dangerous but just have to be alert and careful.  
2023-6-6
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-6 03:32
Can be a bit dangerous but just have to be alert and careful.

Would be safer in Montana
2023-6-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 6-6 03:42
Would be safer in Montana

Not really as that is where I broke an ankle snow skiing many years back.  Haven't broken any bones underwater yet.  
2023-6-6
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-6 14:08
Not really as that is where I broke an ankle snow skiing many years back.  Haven't broken any bones underwater yet.

True but you will not find sharks and gators there
2023-6-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 6-6 14:49
True but you will not find sharks and gators there

You're absolutely right about that.  Hope you are having a great week.  
2023-6-7
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-7 02:43
You're absolutely right about that.  Hope you are having a great week.

Thanks, you too!
2023-6-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Just doing a little routine maintenance on my live aboard boat.  Planning on taking the grandson fishing in my large pond that I've had stocked with bass and a couple of other fish.  He loves to fish, but does get bored easily when he isn't catching anything.  
2023-6-7
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-7 18:08
Just doing a little routine maintenance on my live aboard boat.  Planning on taking the grandson fishing in my large pond that I've had stocked with bass and a couple of other fish.  He loves to fish, but does get bored easily when he isn't catching anything.

Great to have a pond to catch some fish then
2023-6-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 6-7 23:33
Great to have a pond to catch some fish then

I had a small pond but I wanted to enlarge it.  A local builder needed plenty of fill dirt for a build site that he needed to raise the elevation of.  I made a deal that he could come in and take all the dirt for free if he would dig the pond to my desired size.  So my small pond went to an enlarged pond of about 1 full acre.  Plenty big and will hold lots of fish.  Job now is to keep the alligators out of it.  So far, so good with that task.
2023-6-8
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-8 02:46
I had a small pond but I wanted to enlarge it.  A local builder needed plenty of fill dirt for a build site that he needed to raise the elevation of.  I made a deal that he could come in and take all the dirt for free if he would dig the pond to my desired size.  So my small pond went to an enlarged pond of about 1 full acre.  Plenty big and will hold lots of fish.  Job now is to keep the alligators out of it.  So far, so good with that task.

Oh jeez, you reminded me of when I was in Florida, I had a pond outside my hotel room which had a big (what we call) patio door out to the pond.

I woke up and went out for a stroll, only to nearly step on a small ‘gator that had come out of the pond that it had moved into and come to my door for breakfast. They keep so still I didn’t see it in front of a bush!
2023-6-8
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-8 02:46

Wow that is really a big pond.
Yeah hope you will not get gators or even snakes in it
2023-6-8
Use props
TechSportsLove
lvl.3
United States

Thank you for making me aware of this way of shooting videos!

QQ- When editing, is it okay to choose 16:9 or 9:16 aspect ratios in the editor, depending on where I will post the content?
2023-6-9
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

TechSportsLove Posted at 6-9 13:01
Thank you for making me aware of this way of shooting videos!

QQ- When editing, is it okay to choose 16:9 or 9:16 resolution in the editor, depending on where I will post the content?

Yes when choosing 4:3 ratio you can change timeline to export out for both aspects from same footage.
2023-6-9
Use props
TechSportsLove
lvl.3
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 6-9 14:55
Yes when choosing 4:3 ratio you can change timeline to export out for both aspects from same footage.

Well, 4:3 ultrawide is now plugged into my camera, and I'm loving it!
2023-6-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Iancraig10 Posted at 6-8 03:47
Oh jeez, you reminded me of when I was in Florida, I had a pond outside my hotel room which had a big (what we call) patio door out to the pond.

I woke up and went out for a stroll, only to nearly step on a small ‘gator that had come out of the pond that it had moved into and come to my door for breakfast. They keep so still I didn’t see it in front of a bush!

No doubt that gator startled you.  They do have a habit of lying in wait for prey as I call it.

I love the pond and have fenced it completely in.  The bottom 1/3 of the fence closest to the ground is 1/2 inch mesh squares to kind of convince the gators to not enter.  Truth is they are big enough and strong enough to push just right through should they desired to do so.  I do have other methods in place to control any that should encroach but best not to mention them in an open forum.  

2023-6-10
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-5 15:22
Fortunately the bull sharks are salt water only.  I've been diving for many years now and I can say for the most part the sharks are just inquisitive but I've had contact with a few that became quite aggressive.  That's why I always carry a big knife and my spear gun.

Poke them in the nose is what I heard will work if they attack, but don't think you want to find out lol
2023-6-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 6-8 04:49
Wow that is really a big pond.
Yeah hope you will not get gators or even snakes in it

Plenty big now.  I have stocked it with fish twice now and I have installed a feeder for them.  Hopefully, they will be growing and put up a fight when my grandson hooks them on his line.  

So far so good on no gators or snakes.
2023-6-10
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-10 03:31
Plenty big now.  I have stocked it with fish twice now and I have installed a feeder for them.  Hopefully, they will be growing and put up a fight when my grandson hooks them on his line.  

So far so good on no gators or snakes.

That is great, and your grandson will probably love watching some of them in a few years
2023-6-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 6-10 10:48
That is great, and your grandson will probably love watching some of them in a few years

I'm sure the grandson will enjoy seeing some pictures of our fishing adventures.  He already likes talking about fishing and fishing techniques.  

Hope you are having a great weekend.
2023-6-11
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-11 01:54
I'm sure the grandson will enjoy seeing some pictures of our fishing adventures.  He already likes talking about fishing and fishing techniques.  

Hope you are having a great weekend.

I sure do think that too, have a nice weekend too.
2023-6-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 6-11 03:11
I sure do think that too, have a nice weekend too.

Thanks.  Going with a buddy to dive in a fresh water lake to recover some items from a recently sunken pontoon boat.  
2023-6-11
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-11 03:25
Thanks.  Going with a buddy to dive in a fresh water lake to recover some items from a recently sunken pontoon boat.

Hope the visibility will not be too unclear there from mud
2023-6-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 6-11 09:33
Hope the visibility will not be too unclear there from mud

Turned out to be a nice dive.  Visibility was clear at 12 meters where the boat was resting.  We found lots and lots of trinkets and fishing gear (rods, reels, etc.).  We even found a cooler still full of drinks.  No beer in it though.  
2023-6-12
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-12 03:37
Turned out to be a nice dive.  Visibility was clear at 12 meters where the boat was resting.  We found lots and lots of trinkets and fishing gear (rods, reels, etc.).  We even found a cooler still full of drinks.  No beer in it though.

Wow that is some great finds. I find it strange that people tend to lose that much gear while fishing, like they have no control what they do. Maybe some people have been drinking and not careful enough to lose the cooler.
Haha fresh beer would be great to find
2023-6-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 6-12 06:01
Wow that is some great finds. I find it strange that people tend to lose that much gear while fishing, like they have no control what they do. Maybe some people have been drinking and not careful enough to lose the cooler.
Haha fresh beer would be great to find

No doubt would've been nice to have a cold beer to drink after the dive.  The rental agency that owns the pontoon boat said the guy renting the boat had an emergency to return to at his company.  He never told them how the boat sank, just that it sank.  They asked if I was interested in raising the pontoon boat and I passed as I don't have the salvage equipment required.  I did let them know that as far as I saw there was no visible damage to the hull or motors but that the props were bent.
2023-6-13
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-13 03:09
No doubt would've been nice to have a cold beer to drink after the dive.  The rental agency that owns the pontoon boat said the guy renting the boat had an emergency to return to at his company.  He never told them how the boat sank, just that it sank.  They asked if I was interested in raising the pontoon boat and I passed as I don't have the salvage equipment required.  I did let them know that as far as I saw there was no visible damage to the hull or motors but that the props were bent.

They should leave it up to companies for rescue that boat and not random divers they meet
I've seen on youtube from lake mead, a lot of sunken boats arrived when the water level has dropped
2023-6-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 6-13 04:10
They should leave it up to companies for rescue that boat and not random divers they meet
I've seen on youtube from lake mead, a lot of sunken boats arrived when the water level has dropped

Almost all large lakes have sunken boats in them.  In addition to boats I've also personally found a sunken car.  Fortunately, there was no body in it.  
2023-6-13
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-13 13:37
Almost all large lakes have sunken boats in them.  In addition to boats I've also personally found a sunken car.  Fortunately, there was no body in it.

That's crazy to hear, nothing like that here
2023-6-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 6-13 23:28
That's crazy to hear, nothing like that here

Probably best you don't have that there.  
2023-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules