DJI Osmo Mobile 6 Smartphone Gimbal - Micro Movements Problem
2948 14 2023-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shmuel Cpda
lvl.1

Panama

Hi
I just got my DJI Osmo Mobile 6, and at first, I thought it worked fine, but a couple of weeks later it started making some strange micro-movements.
It doesn't happen when it is on a flat surface. Only when it's on my hand. I have another phone gimbal, much older, from another brand and it's as still as it should be when holding still.

The slight shakiness is especially visible when you hold it still. It's like it's trying to compensate. I can also feel slight movements inside the gimbal; sometimes it feels warm.

I already tried looking at some other threads, making sure the points were in the right place on the magnet placement. Also made sure that the clamp wasn't too high or too low, or to the right or left. Made sure it's right in the middle.

I recently downloaded the MIMO app from your website and calibrated it a few times.

All other functions seem to work well and there is stabilization, but there is just that strange light micro-movements.
I feel awful right now, because returning it would be impossible in my situation.

Please help.
2023-5-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you confirm what specific mobile device you're using? Also, is it possible for you to record the slight shakiness and post it here? We'll be waiting for your update.
2023-5-27
Use props
Shmuel Cpda
lvl.1

Panama

DJI Tony Posted at 5-27 07:04
Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you confirm what specific mobile device you're using? Also, is it possible for you to record the slight shakiness and post it here? We'll be waiting for your update.

Hi
Thank you for replying. Im going to link a video I made with the gimbal, while holding it steady.

To explain a bit further, it doesn't do it for the first 30 seconds after a long rest. But then after a minute it starts making strange movements. It seems to only happen with slow movements or when Im holding it steady. It doesn't happen when I'm moving it fast or when it's on a flat surface.

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy A52
Weighs around 190.
Fits perfectly well on the holder.
The app has no problems.
I've tried it with and without the cover.

I've also tried it with a Google Pixel 2XL
Same problem.

https://youtube.com/shorts/WcFmPH11AaM?feature=share
2023-5-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Shmuel Cpda Posted at 5-27 07:48
Hi
Thank you for replying. Im going to link a video I made with the gimbal, while holding it steady.

Thanks for sharing these additional details. We'll have it forwarded to our engineers for further checking. We'll let you know once we receive feedback. Thanks for your understanding.
2023-5-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Shmuel Cpda Posted at 5-27 07:48
Hi

Hi there. To further confirm the issue, can you record a third-person perspective video where in we can see the behavior of the gimbal itself? Thank you.
2023-6-10
Use props
Shmuel Cpda
lvl.1

Panama

DJI Tony Posted at 6-10 09:59
Hi there. To further confirm the issue, can you record a third-person perspective video where in we can see the behavior of the gimbal itself? Thank you.

Hi.
Ive been busy with too many things last couple of weeks. T
his is the best I could do for a third perspective view of the gimbal.
https://youtu.be/z833SXERc84

This is another video comparison with another much older gimbal..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCecNG9YH-I

This is a link to many video tests we did outside.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1DbCyKq3Lh6tSiSfHUe6wNWihyZ_bzMP0

I need confirmation about this problem. I need to know if this is trully normal,
or if it has an issue that can be solved.
Some suposed engeneers from your company (DJI) said that this is "normal jitters".
But I cant find these jitters on any other video test.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsXBlCXpwo8&t=134s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EUs8dDouNA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNBKfugXYOk&t=593s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGcv50n5B6k&t=339s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzsHisC5xNM

These are all the video tests I found and none of them show any jitter.
So I don't understand why your engineer team insists that it is normal.
It makes me feel very disappointed in DJI.
Kind of frustrated at this point.

I need any type of certification from you guys and or video links with raw test video
That can prove to the person who sold it to me, that this is not working properly.
Or to prove to me, that all DJI OM6 gimbals have this jitter.
And that maybe this is just the quality of your products....

Thanks in advance for your consideration.  
2023-6-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Shmuel Cpda Posted at 6-16 21:38
Hi.
Ive been busy with too many things last couple of weeks. T
his is the best I could do for a third perspective view of the gimbal.

We understand and we're sorry for the inconvenience. We'll have this forwarded for re-evaluation. Thanks for your cooperation.
2023-6-17
Use props
djiuser_N5i0LZSKUy86
lvl.1

Indonesia

I have almost the same issue with this
2023-7-20
Use props
Shmuel Cpda
lvl.1

Panama

djiuser_N5i0LZSKUy86 Posted at 7-20 11:07
I have almost the same issue with this

After a month of insisting and asking every possible person, store, social media acounts, and any thing and anyone that I could find, I finaly got an answer from an honest person that works with these. He said DJI OM 3, 4, 5 and 6 have a slight margin of error. So they all jitter, some more than others. DJI confirmed this but it was sooooooo hard to get them to admit it.

So the expectation DJI has, is that you have to get a phone with a really good electronic or/and optical stabilizer, so it finishes the stabilizing process.

What makes me mad is that all the reviews say it is really stable, but its really not.
My hands are more stable than this gimbal.

I already sold mine, I will never EVER buy another DJI product, just because of
How much frustration I had to endure trying to get to the truth.

Just bough a Zhyuin Smooth 5s
Really happy with it
It is as stable as a phone stabilizer should be.
2023-7-20
Use props
djiuser_N5i0LZSKUy86
lvl.1

Indonesia

Shmuel Cpda Posted at 7-20 11:28
After a month of insisting and asking every possible person, store, social media acounts, and any thing and anyone that I could find, I finaly got an answer from an honest person that works with these. He said DJI OM 3, 4, 5 and 6 have a slight margin of error. So they all jitter, some more than others. DJI confirmed this but it was sooooooo hard to get them to admit it.

So the expectation DJI has, is that you have to get a phone with a really good electronic or/and optical stabilizer, so it finishes the stabilizing process.

Have you ever try to check it to the nearest service center in your area?
2023-7-21
Use props
Shmuel Cpda
lvl.1

Panama

djiuser_N5i0LZSKUy86 Posted at 7-21 06:33
Have you ever try to check it to the nearest service center in your area?

DJI closed in 2020 in Panama City, so there si no such thing here.
All other service centers insisted that they would only look at DJI products that came from their stores.
So my only other choice was sending it to the US. But it was not worth $40 to $50, just to get it sent back and to be told that this was normal, and that the gimbal was woking as it should.

In the end I made the right call. Because it was just a product defect that they will not change and feel no need to fix, because everyone just keeps buying their gimbals. I mean, the iphone 13 14 could be used with a broom stick and you would still get good, stable video. So DJI at this point doesnt really care either way.
2023-7-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Shmuel Cpda Posted at 7-21 07:22
DJI closed in 2020 in Panama City, so there si no such thing here.
All other service centers insisted that they would only look at DJI products that came from their stores.
So my only other choice was sending it to the US. But it was not worth $40 to $50, just to get it sent back and to be told that this was normal, and that the gimbal was woking as it should.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. You may contact our support team at https://www.dji.com/support to see the best option you have for you to send the unit for repair. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.
2023-7-21
Use props
Shmuel Cpda
lvl.1

Panama

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-21 18:48
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. You may contact our support team at https://www.dji.com/support to see the best option you have for you to send the unit for repair. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.

You guys just don't listen and keep repeating the same thing like robots.

You are all very polite, but mostly useless even with the simplest things, very dishonest and misleading overall.
Or maybe you just really dont know and they keep you in the dark.
That still doesnt speak very well about the company.

Can you say with certanty that you gimbal can be used with a phone that has no Image or Optical stabilization and get really good results? And that my gimbal probably was just not working properly?

Can you even deny the jitter that your OM6 has?

I dont understand why no reviewer talks about this.
I lost trust in all of them and DJI after this.
2023-7-22
Use props
djiuser_N5i0LZSKUy86
lvl.1

Indonesia

DJI Tony Posted at 5-27 07:04

Hi! Thanks for responding. I’m using DJI OM6 too pairing with iphone 11. I just bought OM6 a week ago and just found out that it didn’t work well, especially while using “tilt mode” The tilt still unlocked and it still tilting, so my phone camera facing upwards even sometimes upside down. Here I send you video for review.
Video.gif
2023-7-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_N5i0LZSKUy86 Posted at 7-23 00:14
Hi! Thanks for responding. I’m using DJI OM6 too pairing with iphone 11. I just bought OM6 a week ago and just found out that it didn’t work well, especially while using “tilt mode” The tilt still unlocked and it still tilting, so my phone camera facing upwards even sometimes upside down. Here I send you video for review.

Hi there. I'm sorry about the inconvenience. The GIF is not playing from my end. Do you mind sending the video of the operation by uploading it to YouTube or Google Drive and then posting the link here? Thank you and have a great day ahead.
2023-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules