Am Surprised How Poor DJI Care Actually Is.
339 8 2023-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_85ckUfyjGT9H
lvl.1
Flight distance : 216263 ft
United Kingdom

I'm sad to report that my experience with DJI Care has been pretty bad. My Mini 3 Pro was lost in a river, which was entirely my fault as it clipped a tree branch (no side sensors) and dropped into the river and was lost. I used my Care cover as a flyaway case and all was okay. DJI analysed the data and confirmed they would replace the drone for approximately £220.  I paid the money and a drone was sent quickly by UPS. After that it all went downhill.
The drone I received was junk. It was in a new looking box but I can only assume it was a drone that had been returned by a previous customer and was just sent back out to me. To start with, the gimbal groaned on start up and obviously had a problem. The drone did fly but that led to me discovering that the camera wouldn't focus under any circumstances, all footage was out of focus. I'm a professional camera operator and so know how to use a camera, it was very much the camera at fault.

I started a complaint and got the usual 'try this', 'try that' messages from DJI and then they agreed that I could return it 'for repair'. So I did. After a few days DJI confirmed the drone had problems and they would be sending me a drone - whether it was this same one repaired or a new one they did not make clear. It arrived quickly and my disappointment continued when I saw the tatty, well used box they had sent me. It was a proper Mini 3 Pro box but it looked like it had been kicked around a filthy room for a few days. It had been taped closed and opened several times. I don't know whether the drone inside the box was the same one I had returned or a different one.  

Then I tried to insert a bettery into the replacement drone and it wouldn't go in. The internal sticker that wraps around the in side of battery bay was hanging off inside and making a mess when a battery was inserted, causing it to jam up, so this was obviously another not-new and completely unchecked drone. My enthusiasm for DJI Care was rock bottom by now - I ripped the sticker out and put the battery in. The drone worked but I have little faith that this one will last, as from my experience DJI just send you junk when you have Care cover and have paid for a replacement.

I wish I could write here saying how wonderful it has all been but it hasn't. And it's pretty bad having a drone in which you have little faith about how long it will last before something goes wrong with it. Care cover really just seems to allow DJI to get rid of their junk without any checking or quality control. It's pretty appalling.
2023-5-25
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you still have the flight logs from drones 1 & 2 those logs contain the information needed to identify drones 1, 2 & 3.
Did you have to activate  drones 2 & 3?
2023-5-25
Use props
djiuser_85ckUfyjGT9H
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-25 23:46
If you still have the flight logs from drones 1 & 2 those logs contain the information needed to identify drones 1, 2 & 3.
Did you have to activate  drones 2 & 3?

No, don't have the logs now. I was expecting to have to relink the new drones but they seemed to do pretty much most of it automatically.
2023-5-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. May we know if you took a photo of the internal sticker of the drone? We will review your case and confirm this issue with our teams.
2023-5-26
Use props
djiuser_85ckUfyjGT9H
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-26 03:50
Hello, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. May we know if you took a photo of the internal sticker of the drone? We will review your case and confirm this issue with our teams.

I've attached a picture of the battery bay with the loose internal sticker. Although this is the least of a lot of problems I've had since using DJI Care.
B9DA6F33-ED19-4E6C-B86C-F7FAF0EAF4B4_1_105_c.jpg
2023-5-26
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

If the new drone is just the stickers peeling off, just remove it. Don't need those stickers. What's important is does it fly like it should and take video like it should.
2023-5-26
Use props
djiuser_85ckUfyjGT9H
lvl.1
United Kingdom

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 5-26 06:09
If the new drone is just the stickers peeling off, just remove it. Don't need those stickers. What's important is does it fly like it should and take video like it should.

I think you've not understood the entire reason I posted here.
2023-5-26
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_85ckUfyjGT9H Posted at 5-26 00:31
No, don't have the logs now. I was expecting to have to relink the new drones but they seemed to do pretty much most of it automatically.

Just curious, did you delete those old logs?
2023-5-27
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_85ckUfyjGT9H Posted at 5-26 05:26
I've attached a picture of the battery bay with the loose internal sticker. Although this is the least of a lot of problems I've had since using DJI Care.

Thank you so much for your reply. We are confirming with our related teams. Because of the weekend, there may be some delays. We will reply to you soon as we get the response.
2023-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules