Not working as a webcam in MS Teams
1639 13 2023-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eddie00001
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi all,

Does anyone use their camera for MS Teams?  

I've tried to use it and while MS Teams recognises the camera, I just have a white screen almost like a light lens cover on.  The camera works perfectly on Zoom and Photo Booth connecting automatically on both.

Using macOS Ventura 13.3.1

Thanks
2023-5-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. It shows here that the webcam function of the DJI Osmo Action 3 only works with Photo Booth (macOS system built-in software) when using MAC. We haven't tested the MS Teams yet therefore, we cannot guarantee the stability of the software when in use with the said feature. We will coordinate this with our relevant team for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-5-26
Use props
eddie00001
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks for your response, thought I was missing some setting or something with it working in Zoom, Facetime and Photobooth
2023-5-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

eddie00001 Posted at 5-27 02:21
Thanks for your response, thought I was missing some setting or something with it working in Zoom, Facetime and Photobooth

We understand. If possible, kindly post a screenshot of the MacOS system for further checking. Thank you.
2023-5-27
Use props
eddie00001
lvl.1

United Kingdom

MS Teams Settings
MS Teams when video is 'on'

Screenshot 2023-05-27 at 15.45.06.png
Screenshot 2023-05-27 at 15.55.51.png
2023-5-27
Use props
User10009
lvl.1

United States

What's the status on this? I purchased this camera to have two purposes, one to use for work as a webcam. The other is for personal use. My workplace uses Microsoft Teams to do business so I don't have any other choice and I'd really like to use this camera for a webcam. If the primary webcam function doesn't work, there isn't a reason for me to keep this camera.
2023-8-22
Use props
Aquaman_007
New

United States

I just bought my DJI action 3 to use both as webcam and shooting. What is the status of this?
2023-9-19
Use props
fans0bc89e5c
New

United States

We would like to purchase many of these cameras for our field engineering team as was hoping they could serve two purposes. Has the ability to use them Teams been resolved yet.  Really would make the purchasing decision easy for us.
2023-12-7
Use props
eddie00001
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I've just tried again on both iMAC and PC and it still does not work on MS Teams
2023-12-8
Use props
drillionaire
lvl.1

United States

Has there been an update to this?  Would like to use as a Webcam for TEAMS. I am getting the same blank screen as the above screen shot of other user.
2023-12-8
Use props
drillionaire
lvl.1

United States

Screenshot 2023-12-08 at 11.38.32 AM.png
2023-12-8
Use props
drillionaire
lvl.1

United States

Ive been doing some experimenting on this issue.  I own the Osmo Action 3.   I am on a Macbook Pro 2023.  I have an Office 360 subscription and currently the only desktop version of TEAMS they have for personal accounts is TEAMS Classic.  They just released a New TEAMS app, but this is not available to general consumer as far as i know (Personal Account).  HOWEVER... the new version can be used via "https://teams.live.com/", the webapp version.  AND i can confirm that the Action 3 camera works via the webapp.

It's not an ideal workaround....but maybe when TEAMS releases new app to the desktop, it will work?

If someone is using a Work or Business account... Can you test the New Teams App?

Hope this helps some of you.

2023-12-8
Use props
cmarin
lvl.1
Mexico

I use the new Teams for Business and only the web version works with the Omso Action 3 webcam option, not the standalone Mac App.
2023-12-28
Use props
djiuser_DsU3aKXYF3DG
lvl.1

Sweden

Neither dji action 4 or osmo pocket 3 works as webcam with new ms teams, works with every other app
2-29 02:27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules