1142 20 2023-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Last year Avata went crazy twice over water with no major crashes, and I started going faster to avoid this situation but today at the end of the waterfall filming Avata decided to fly herself again and this time had no luck but crashes and fell into the river. I searched for her for an hour with no luck
Soo long my trusty friend RIP!

This is from the goggles cache unstabilized footage

2023-5-26
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

Not sure why people like flying over water so much. See people keep losing their drones cause they fly over water and drone goes swimming and never seen again lol. If fly on land, could of easily use find my drone and get it back. Rip little drone.
2023-5-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry to know about the accident. You can contact our support team and start a case through the link below. If there is a doubt about the accident, data analysis can also be applied as long as the drone is within the warranty period. http://www.dji.com/support
2023-5-26
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 5-26 06:01
Not sure why people like flying over water so much. See people keep losing their drones cause they fly over water and drone goes swimming and never seen again lol. If fly on land, could of easily use find my drone and get it back. Rip little drone.

Maybe is because when DJI launched the Avata, one of promotional videos was flying over the water filming a guy skiing behind a boat?
2023-5-26
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

Beautiful place indeed !  Sorry for your loss, I lost a third party party drone with DJI Vista last month in the woods on my own property, Vista failed transmission about 300 yards. Never found, I know the pain
2023-5-26
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-26 07:41
Hi there, we are sorry to know about the accident. You can contact our support team and start a case through the link below. If there is a doubt about the accident, data analysis can also be applied as long as the drone is within the warranty period. http://www.dji.com/support

I already did this but it did not allow me to attach the clip (was bigger than 100 MB) can You send them the link from here? My case number is CAS-12926305-G3Q7F0
2023-5-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oh no.  Sorry to see you lost your trusted Avata Alex.  It sure has filmed a lot of amazing footage during the time you've owned it up until today when it decided to take a swim.  
2023-5-26
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Epic footage. Sorry it ended the way it did.
2023-5-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

alex_markov Posted at 5-26 09:56
I already did this but it did not allow me to attach the clip (was bigger than 100 MB) can You send them the link from here? My case number is CAS-12926305-G3Q7F0

Hi, Alex. Thank you for providing us with this information. I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused. You may send us the file saved in the shareable link on Dropbox or Google Drive, and we will attach it to your case number. I look forward to hearing back from you. Thank you.
2023-5-26
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

DJI Diana Posted at 5-26 14:10
Hi, Alex. Thank you for providing us with this information. I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused. You may send us the file saved in the shareable link on Dropbox or Google Drive, and we will attach it to your case number. I look forward to hearing back from you. Thank you.

Isn't youtube link above ok?sent You PM
2023-5-26
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-26 11:34
Oh no.  Sorry to see you lost your trusted Avata Alex.  It sure has filmed a lot of amazing footage during the time you've owned it up until today when it decided to take a swim.

Might be she was escaping from me like AJR's socks

2023-5-26
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

And to back the title I'll show the first 2 misbehaviors with more luck for the drone

2023-5-27
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Oh No!!  I wondered why we had no post from you in the works section Alex.  What rotten luck. I hope you get your case dealt with smoothly by DJI.
2023-5-27
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

I always looked forward to viewing your video clips Alex. Bearing in mind all the current reports of Avatas misbehaving and crashing, I thought you had a good model. It sucks that your Avata has gone forever but I hope that Dji investigate fully and not put it down to 'pilot error'. It was a good idea to show your Avata misbehaving twice before. I cannot understand Dji's silence on the many reports of Avata problems. I nearly weakened and purchased one, but now, I will forget that idea. Stay safe!
2023-5-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

alex_markov Posted at 5-26 21:33
Might be she was escaping from me  like AJR's socks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYBPvJ67YPs

2023-5-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

alex_markov Posted at 5-26 21:32
Isn't youtube link above ok?sent You PM

Thank you for your cooperation. While the link on the YouTube video above should be sufficient, I have asked for a shareable link for assurance and for our corresponding team to thoroughly review the footage. Furthermore, I have responded to your PM. Please check, thank you.
2023-5-27
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

After waiting for 4 days I just received an e-mail explaining that Avata crashed due to insufficient GPS coverage??? I am confused.
2023-5-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Oh that is sad to see!
2023-6-2
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Finally, they sent me a new Avata under Care Refresh sadly though with UPS so nobody know when and if it will arrive
2023-6-2
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Hurray  Avata arrived and is flying already - let's hope it will be the last replacement (I have two left )
2023-6-7
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Good luck Alex. Be careful out there. Stay safe.
2023-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules