Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Best settings for UK users (fps etc)
845 7 2023-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MM_fly
lvl.4
Flight distance : 498399 ft
United Kingdom

In the UK, what is the best settings for fps on video? I know some videos have specifics for PAL countries, just wondering what it should be set to for UK, 4k: 24, 25, or 30fps. I expect 30 to be the best, but unsure if this is actually better for UK.

Also I've never used it, but is it better to do JPEG and RAW, rather than just the JPEG for pics? I presume you get 2 pics of the same shot you took, a JPEG and a RAW. I've never used RAW before, and am a basic user, so is it any benefit to me to do this? I use Mac, Photos app to store, organise and basic edit them

thanks
2023-5-26
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think the frame rate is associated with the light pulses etc from mains powered lighting, since we use 50 Hz I think you are supposed to use 25 fps.
https://www.urbanvideo.ca/avoid-video-flicker
2023-5-27
Use props
MM_fly
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi thanks for link. So it seems it’s for indoor lighting, but all of my recording is outside so should I not put it to 30fps?

I’m just thinking that Dash Cams for example have a 30 or 60fps setting and they say it’s better to go for 60fps to be able to see more detail, eg number plates etc.

So I’m still confused….
2023-5-27
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Experiment perhaps and see which gives you the better video.
2023-5-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

4k 30 always looks good to me,   but it will depend on where you are playing it.  
2023-5-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I know some videos have specifics for PAL countries, just wondering what it should be set to for UK, 4k: 24, 25, or 30fps. I expect 30 to be the best, but unsure if this is actually better for UK.
The idea that it does comes from the days of shooting for broadcast TV.
You aren't shooting for broadcast TV so your location makes no difference for your video.
Do some testing and use whatever gives you the look you like.

Also I've never used it, but is it better to do JPEG and RAW, rather than just the JPEG for pics? ...  I've never used RAW before, and am a basic user, so is it any benefit to me to do this? I use Mac, Photos app to store, organise and basic edit them
For you (and most people) there's no need to mess around with raw images.
Don't be pursuaded by forum people who suggest that everyone should shoot raw.
Wait until you've had a lot more experience to find out if there would be any advantage for you and what you do with your camera.

2023-5-29
Use props
MM_fly
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 5-29 05:03
I know some videos have specifics for PAL countries, just wondering what it should be set to for UK, 4k: 24, 25, or 30fps. I expect 30 to be the best, but unsure if this is actually better for UK.
The idea that it does comes from the days of shooting for broadcast TV.
You aren't shooting for broadcast TV so your location makes no difference for your video.

I presume though more is better? More fps surely must make the video smoother, so 30fps will be the best? Mini 3 pro has 4K 60fps so must be better?

So when you say test, my old eyes probably can’t see it, but I was told always record/take in best settings can as can always downgrade/make smaller, but not other way.

If the only reason for shooting in lower fps is to save space, that doesn’t matter to me, as SD cards are cheap enough, and I can offload it to my phone anyway if that ever was needed.
2023-5-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

MM_fly Posted at 5-29 11:00
I presume though more is better? More fps surely must make the video smoother, so 30fps will be the best? Mini 3 pro has 4K 60fps so must be better?

So when you say test, my old eyes probably can’t see it, but I was told always record/take in best settings can as can always downgrade/make smaller, but not other way.

That assumption is invalid.
A bigger number is not necessarily better at all.
Do some testing to see what's good for you.
If the only reason for shooting in lower fps is to save space ...
It's not.

2023-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules