2541 26 2023-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MaCJaX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 444193 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello, the Avata has a top speed of 60mph but that is only in manual mode. It maxes out at 30mpg in sport mode. Is there a way to get it to go 60mph in sport mode ? Thanks !
2023-5-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for bringing this inquiry to us. The maximum flight speed of the DJI Avata in Sports mode is 14 m/s which is equivalent to 31.3mph and this speed cannot be adjusted to 60mph. The max flight speed is subject to dynamic local restrictions. Please abide by local laws and regulations when flying. If you want to fly 60mph, please use the M mode. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-5-26
Use props
MaCJaX
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the response but can I ask why it only maxes out in manual mode only ? Unlike the DJI FPV which maxes out in both sport and manual mode and is 15mph faster ? It would seem to me that maxing out in sport mode would be safer than limited it to only manual mode. Thank you !
2023-5-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

MaCJaX Posted at 5-26 19:59
Thanks for the response but can I ask why it only maxes out in manual mode only ? Unlike the DJI FPV which maxes out in both sport and manual mode and is 15mph faster ? It would seem to me that maxing out in sport mode would be safer than limited it to only manual mode. Thank you !

Hi, MaCJaX. We'll forward your inquiry to the related team for confirmation. Thanks for your understanding.
2023-5-27
Use props
MaCJaX
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thanks all !!!  Have a happy Memorial Day weekend !
2023-5-27
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

MaCJaX Posted at 5-26 19:59
Thanks for the response but can I ask why it only maxes out in manual mode only ? Unlike the DJI FPV which maxes out in both sport and manual mode and is 15mph faster ? It would seem to me that maxing out in sport mode would be safer than limited it to only manual mode. Thank you !

just so you know, the dji fpv has a max speed of 60mph in sport mode and 90mph in manual mode....roughly.  so like avata, manual mode has a higher max speed than sport mode.  but i agree with you, 30mph max avata sport mode speed is a little "slow."
2023-5-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

MaCJaX Posted at 5-27 06:47
Thanks all !!!  Have a happy Memorial Day weekend !

Hi there. Normally, the speed of M mode is higher than that of Sport mode. Please refer to the parameters on the official website. In addition, the max flight speed is subject to dynamic local restrictions. Please abide by local laws and regulations when flying.
2023-5-29
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

is it me or am i seeing slightly higher avata speeds and faster avata acceleration using mc2 over rc2?
2023-5-30
Use props
djiuser_p1ZzQHJNWzQ8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1093671 ft
United States

I agree my Mini 3 pro goes faster in sport mode with the MC2 than my Avata.... Doesn't make sense
2023-5-30
Use props
Koolada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 877999 ft
Germany

djiuser_p1ZzQHJNWzQ8 Posted at 5-30 14:58
I agree my Mini 3 pro goes faster in sport mode with the MC2 than my Avata.... Doesn't make sense

Mini 3 pro crashes not by itself in yaw movements because of a Fail design.

makes 100% sense they are locking more speed. you can even provocate that error with Motion controller with low speed. Just be happy DJI is saving you frustration.

2023-5-30
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

wait, are you saying you can outrun my avata using your mini and mc2 about a foot off the desk and thru the twisties (like a playground environment) about 1000 feet away?  obviously true at 250 feet down wind because the avata simply cannot fight the wind.
2023-5-30
Use props
MaCJaX
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The Mini 3 Pro works with the MC2 ? I didn't know that..
2023-6-19
Use props
CireinTexas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5786001 ft
United States

I am on the side of increasing the Avatar’s top speed in sport too, especially when DJI sold a kit with only the motion controller.

I also own an Air 2S and a FPV.   Both can go faster than the Avata, so it makes no sense why a firmware update should not be done to get it up to at least at the Air 2S level.   

Thanks for the consideration and the fun and useful products.  

Other Avata owners, please help get the top speed up by posting here and voicing your concerns.  
2023-7-22
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

CireinTexas Posted at 7-22 19:37
I am on the side of increasing the Avatar’s top speed in sport too, especially when DJI sold a kit with only the motion controller.

I also own an Air 2S and a FPV.   Both can go faster than the Avata, so it makes no sense why a firmware update should not be done to get it up to at least at the Air 2S level.   

have you maxed out the avata speed in sport mode when using the mc2 for what it was meant and you still can handle more speed?  i don't think i am there yet personally.
2023-7-22
Use props
CireinTexas
lvl.2
United States

The Saint Posted at 7-22 19:43
have you maxed out the avata speed in sport mode when using the mc2 for what it was meant and you still can handle more speed?  i don't think i am there yet personally.

Yes, but I may be flying in a different environment than you.   I have a large cattle ranch with prairie land perfect for owning it up and weaving between the cow and oak trees.   I fly the FPV in full sport (60mph) doing this, the Avata with the motion controller would be a blast with the wider camera view, if allowed.  

IMG_4953.png
DJI_0145.jpeg
2023-7-23
Use props
MaCJaX
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I flew the Avata yesterday in sport mode and it wouldn't go above 32mph.  I am not good at all in manual mode and already crashed my FPV. I know I need practice in manual mode but I would rather keep it in sport mode.

Please DJI let the Avata max out in sport mode.  It's no fun to fly at 32mph. Seems like slow motion after flyng the FPV in sport mode. Everything else I own is faster which doesn't make sense.
2023-7-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

MaCJaX Posted at 7-24 14:10
I flew the Avata yesterday in sport mode and it wouldn't go above 32mph.  I am not good at all in manual mode and already crashed my FPV. I know I need practice in manual mode but I would rather keep it in sport mode.

Please DJI let the Avata max out in sport mode.  It's no fun to fly at 32mph. Seems like slow motion after flyng the FPV in sport mode. Everything else I own is faster which doesn't make sense.

Sorry for the inconvenience, MaCjaX. This will be referred to our designated department. In the meantime, check for the latest DJI news and updates from DJI's official website at dji.com. Have a great day ahead.
2023-7-24
Use props
CireinTexas
lvl.2
United States

Like MacJax said it is not fun to fly the Avata above 10 feet bc it is too slow.  Why can’t it at least match the FPV top speed in Sport mode?

Avata owners please let DJI know that they need to have a firmware update that increases the top speed of the Avata to match the spec of the FPV in sport mode.   
IMG_4968.jpeg
2023-7-25
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Do you fly 55mph when 3 feet off the ground using the MC2 which dodging many obstacles?  I would like to see that video please.

I agree, once you get more than 10 feet off the ground, 30mph seems pretty slow.
2023-7-25
Use props
SgtRay
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

LOL I know it doesn't count but I wanted to say something.
With my FPV drone I fly lower than 3 feet and a whole lot faster than 55.

When chasing cars or especially aircraft I've been below 1 foot, doing somewhere around 70. The dodging is not extremely tight but sometimes it gets there. I'm not saying this to get on you. I just wanted to get in the conversation. LOL

For those of us they're flying normal quads we would know why the avata won't do what everyone keeps asking it to do. It's a question of power, weight, and KV on the motors. The Avata does great for what it is but I see here everyone wants it to be more than what it can be.

The speed a quad can go is directly related to how much it can lean forward. In normal mode there is a limit. In sport mode that limit is increased but there is still a limit. Once you limit how far a quad can lean forward you've automatically cut off how fast it can go. In sport mode my FPV drone can lean forward more than my Avata. With the increase in the KV on the motors the power and the design purpose gives my FPV drone the ability to go much faster than anything designed like the a the Avata.

Jack of all trades and master of none.

The FPV drone is designed to do a little bit of everything mostly action acrobatics and racing. Which in a nutshell means is designed to go fast. The Avata is not designed to predominantly go into the action and racing as much. Not to mention a little thing that once you put the word cinematic in your design theory it's going to pull away from the other categories you're trying to put a drone into. I own a lot of drones and I don't think I have one that small that's not for racing back and goes fast as the Avata.

There are about two drones that were built to go directly against the Avata. And I know they can definitely do it. Here's what they don't have:
a nanny system
gambled camera
proprietary everything
mostly plastic pieces
built heavily for cinematic purpose
GPS

Now I love DJI for those mention things above. But if I am so desperate for speed I would get one of those quads and haul ass around because that's what they would be made for. God bless the admin here, but do you guys not see that there just humoring you? We'll bother cannot do more than it's doing. If DJI ever designs a drone that is primarily for racing and acro then you will get your hearts desire. After all I love the FPV drone but it doesn't seem like they're going to make version 2 to correct mistakes from version 1. I've asked once. And I've gotten the same canned responses. Just look at how many drones and improvements they've come out with for everything that has cinematic in the title. Once you use that word you limit everything else.

The Avata and FPV drone are different than all the other DJI drones. It's the company's attempt to dabble into other categories of the hobby. Unfortunately it looks like it was just a momentary distraction. The Avta cannot fly any faster in sport mode unless they change the limit to its forward lean. And even in manual with no limit to the forward lean it would then have to drop the nanny on the speed of the motors. Good luck with waiting for them to change any of that!

Before you sick the dogs on me, I love my drones both of them. I ask every bit of what they were designed to do. And I fly every bit of what they can do. And when I need more, I own about 20 others that can give it to me. But at the end of the day I always come back home to my DJI babies.

2023-7-25
Use props
SgtRay
lvl.4
United States

The Saint Posted at 7-25 07:31
Do you fly 55mph when 3 feet off the ground using the MC2 which dodging many obstacles?  I would like to see that video please.

I agree, once you get more than 10 feet off the ground, 30mph seems pretty slow.

Come to think of it I crashed a drone at about 1 to 2 foot not really sure how fast I was going but pretty quick:
I was off-road chasing.
Flying sideways.
Not paying attention.

A sand dune came up underneath me and sent me rolling across. It was done with the FPV drone. But never discount the situations you can get yourself into with a drone. It would've taken out my Avata but it didn't exist at that time. But it's absolutely the drone I would've used for that little mission.
2023-7-25
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

SgtRay Posted at 7-25 10:50
Come to think of it I crashed a drone at about 1 to 2 foot not really sure how fast I was going but pretty quick:
I was off-road chasing.
Flying sideways.

I have as well with the DJI FPV and close to the ground at those speeds, it is terrifying.  Can't imagine going that fast at even closer to the ground with the Avata using the motion controller which is sometimes less than a foot off the ground and much more winding than the FPV.  I think DJI might be trying to save us from ourselves by keeping Avata speeds lower.  Can't speak to others but at this time, I am not capable.
2023-7-25
Use props
SgtRay
lvl.4
United States

The Saint Posted at 7-25 10:56
I have as well with the DJI FPV and close to the ground at those speeds, it is terrifying.  Can't imagine going that fast at even closer to the ground with the Avata using the motion controller which is sometimes less than a foot off the ground and much more winding than the FPV.  I think DJI might be trying to save us from ourselves by keeping Avata speeds lower.  Can't speak to others but at this time, I am not capable.

If it was out I would have done the crash with the Avata. My last Chase vid was done with the Avata in sport at less than 1 foot. I was chasing an RC bike at full speed. and that's sideways and backward.
2023-7-25
Use props
fateofangel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

that is still fast, but dji fpv is the greatest, untill fpv 2 will be present..
2023-7-25
Use props
SgtRay
lvl.4
United States

fateofangel Posted at 7-25 14:12
that is still fast, but dji fpv is the greatest, untill fpv 2 will be present..

I've been praying for it but I suspect Santa Claus isn't listening to me anymore
2023-7-25
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

Dji should just add a setting for the max speed in sport mode..... and the max you can set it to, is the overall max speed of the drone!
it is SLOW in sport mode
2023-7-25
Use props
SgtRay
lvl.4
United States

BadBert Posted at 7-25 22:10
Dji should just add a setting for the max speed in sport mode..... and the max you can set it to, is the overall max speed of the drone!
it is SLOW in sport mode

No drone can go a max speed with a limit to its tilt.

In an ordinary quad sport mode is just another word for horizon mode that's a limit to its tilt. No drone can go its max with a limit to the one thing that gives it its max speed.

Race drones have no limit to their tilt which is why they stand almost straight up and all of their power is used for forward thrust you cannot get that if you cannot do that.

Drones that are made for cinematic use even slightly cannot do these maneuvers because they're meant to take pictures.

The best this drone can do is to have them remove the limits to the rpm in manual and even then it may only eak out another 5 mile an hour but only in manual
2023-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules