File numbers
632 3 2023-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
walrec
lvl.1
Flight distance : 112375 ft
United States

Hello all, Ive looked all over for this info but cannot find, so if its been discussed i apologize in advance. I fly cell towers, sometimes up to 10 a day. i use a fresh card for each site. when im getting folders made up for upload on laptop, i normally have to rename a heap of pics because the file names reach _0999 then reset to _0001 in the middle of a set of pics causing them to be out of order. does anyone know how to (if possible) change settings to have the drone reset back to _0001 automatically when a fresh card is inserted? or even manually reset it at the start of a new job? Ive tried a few recommendations to remedy but none worked. Also why have a four numeral file name (DJI_0001 to DJI_0999) when it will only go to 999 before resetting instead of 9999? i use DJI Fly by the way if it makes a differene. any help would be appreciated. Thank you

2023-5-26
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I do not know if the option to switch from continuous naming to reset naming exists in the fly app but from memory it is a hotly discussed topic which suggests that the option to switch one way or the other DOES NOT exist.
BUT.......If, when you empty your cards at the end of one days flying, you put a photo on the card with the name  DJI_0999 on the card it should force the next taken image to be named as either DJI_0000 or DJI_0001.
Alternatively use the likes of Bulk Rename Utility to rename the photos they are still on the card and before you move them to your laptop.
2023-5-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

does anyone know how to (if possible) change settings to have the drone reset back to _0001 automatically when a fresh card is inserted?  or even manually reset it at the start of a new job?
Have you tried formatting the new card in the drone?
That used to reset to 001 for the Mavic 3 on DJI Fly.

Also why have a four numeral file name (DJI_0001 to DJI_0999) when it will only go to 999 before resetting instead of 9999?
Because DJI are just stupid about file numbers.
The Phantom 2 used 4 digit file numbers but DJI made the crazy change to 3 digits with the Phantom 3 in 2015 and have ignored users suggestions ever since.

2023-5-28
Use props
walrec
lvl.1
Flight distance : 112375 ft
United States

Thanks guys, i havent tried either suggestion, but will. im not new to flying but i am still fairly new as a profession so still learning the efficiency side of it . Thanks again.
2023-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules