Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
SOLVED: M300 + RC Plus - Says Linked But Isn’t
2310 1 2023-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Steele702
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3876775 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just updated all the firmware on the M300 / H20N / Smart Controller / RC Plus and attempted to link the RC Plus with the drone. The controller will say "link successful" but it's not connected to the aircraft.
Here are my repro steps:

1. Smart Controller off (previously paired controller)
2. Power on RC Plus
3. Select "M300 RTK" in list
4. Power up aircraft - wait ~35 seconds for boot up
5. Press "Link" button in the software UI - verify linking state (beeping)
6. Press and hold PWR button on aircraft for ~5 seconds until it beeps once then release
7. Monitor controller screen for pairing status

Results:
Controller indicates a successful pairing. Indicator light to the left of the battery lights remains red. Entering camera indicates 'Disconnected'. Aircraft power button flashes irradically. Pressing power button ceases flashing.
2023-5-30
Use props
Steele702
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3876775 ft
  • >>>
United States

So I found THIS DJI WHITEPAPER which details how to get the offline firmware that will successfully bind the RC Plus to the M300. HOWEVER, since this is DJI I made a point to read all the fine print. As of end of May 2023, if you install that firmware and bind your RC+, you will never be able to bind the Smart Controller to that aircraft again. My plans were to grab the RC Plus and have my payload operator use the Smart Controller. Nope! So… I’m left with one option; return this M300 that’s only been flown twice to the shop that sold it to me, and then pay the difference on the M350 that *comes* with the RC Plus. Then I’ll have a controller, my payload operator will get to keep his job, and there won’t be any fights over who gets to use the darn bigger screen. Got that, Kyle? RC Plus for us each… so spare me the BS about how “the operator needs the bigger screen since you don’t actually fly because autopilot…” blah blah blah blah. SMH Friggin Kyle…. Anyway, that’s the deal with pairing. Happy flying!
2023-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules