Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Sun is up there somewhere.....

Although I do like how Hadleigh Castle in silhouetted in the distance.

Taken with Mini 3 Pro.

[See My Other Content...]

2023-5-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2023-5-27
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Another fierce-looking sky.  Much more serene here.
2023-5-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bit of a gloomy sky but lots of details in the overall shot.  You're absolutely right about how the castle is silhouetted in the far distance.    Nice to see quite a bit of blue sky starting to show through the gloomy clouds so it could turn out to be a better day.
2023-5-27
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Lovely shot
2023-5-27
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

yep, yep I can spot the blue sky
2023-5-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-27 02:37
Bit of a gloomy sky but lots of details in the overall shot.  You're absolutely right about how the castle is silhouetted in the far distance.    Nice to see quite a bit of blue sky starting to show through the gloomy clouds so it could turn out to be a better day.

Luckily most of that burnt off with the exception of the huge plume for an industrial fire that plagued the area yesterday.
2023-5-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 5-27 00:43
Another fierce-looking sky.  Much more serene here.

It cleared up nicely after that.   And this morning was very clear.  
2023-5-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sky wombat Posted at 5-27 19:35
yep, yep I can spot the blue sky

It's been quite pleasant once the sun gets going here the last few days.   So I cant complain Bruce.  
2023-5-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-28 00:29
Luckily most of that burnt off with the exception of the huge plume for an industrial fire that plagued the area yesterday.

Good to hear that it mostly cleared up.  Sad to hear about the industrial fire.  Fire was always the one thing I feared most while service on Navy ships.  
2023-5-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-28 17:01
Good to hear that it mostly cleared up.  Sad to hear about the industrial fire.  Fire was always the one thing I feared most while service on Navy ships.

Fire on ships is not a good thought as you have no where to go.   My friend passed this place early evening and he said It was still burning.  
2023-5-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-29 00:39
Fire on ships is not a good thought as you have no where to go.   My friend passed this place early evening and he said It was still burning.

You're absolutely right about that.  The other issue is all the wiring and items on ships that put off toxic fumes during fires.  No doubt why the Navy is continuously training on donning your OBAs (oxygen breathing apparatus).  It was quite the experience to go through the 2 day firefighting course .  Made me decide quickly to not ever want to be a full time firefighter vice a lawyer.  
2023-5-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-29 03:21
You're absolutely right about that.  The other issue is all the wiring and items on ships that put off toxic fumes during fires.  No doubt why the Navy is continuously training on donning your OBAs (oxygen breathing apparatus).  It was quite the experience to go through the 2 day firefighting course .  Made me decide quickly to not ever want to be a full time firefighter vice a lawyer.

I thought here that they all do fire fighting training,  but I might be wrong it that might be submarine specific.  But either way yes I quite agree with you.
2023-5-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-29 03:21
You're absolutely right about that.  The other issue is all the wiring and items on ships that put off toxic fumes during fires.  No doubt why the Navy is continuously training on donning your OBAs (oxygen breathing apparatus).  It was quite the experience to go through the 2 day firefighting course .  Made me decide quickly to not ever want to be a full time firefighter vice a lawyer.

I thought here that they all do fire fighting training,  but I might be wrong it that might be submarine specific.  But either way yes I quite agree with you.
2023-5-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-29 23:04

Fire fighting training should be an all hands evolution.  
2023-5-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-29 23:04

2023-5-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-30 02:31

Yes it should.    I cannot disagree with you there.  
2023-5-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-30 22:42
Yes it should.    I cannot disagree with you there.

I have a fully automated fire suppression system onboard my boat but I still show guests visiting me where the manual switch is and the location of some portable extinguishers.   Because of my Navy training I always try to stay prepared by carrying an extinguisher in my truck and also have two in my garage/storage shed.   
2023-5-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-31 05:41
I have a fully automated fire suppression system onboard my boat but I still show guests visiting me where the manual switch is and the location of some portable extinguishers.   Because of my Navy training I always try to stay prepared by carrying an extinguisher in my truck and also have two in my garage/storage shed.

You're a much better boy than me,   I only have one in the workshop,  no where else.  
2023-5-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-31 05:47
You're a much better boy than me,   I only have one in the workshop,  no where else.

We lost a hay barn to a fire on my family's farm so ever since I've always tried to be prepared for fires.  The fire department told us that with all that hay in the barn we would have never been able to put it out ourselves but I still desire to stay ready anyway.  
2023-5-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It is. Nice capture!
2023-6-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-31 07:48
We lost a hay barn to a fire on my family's farm so ever since I've always tried to be prepared for fires.  The fire department told us that with all that hay in the barn we would have never been able to put it out ourselves but I still desire to stay ready anyway.

Some years ago my neighbours 6x4ft wooden shed caught on fire,   we had three garden hoses on it and it did nothing,   the fire brigade arrived and turned on their hose and it was out in 8 seconds.  
2023-6-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 6-1 23:16
It is. Nice capture!

thanks Peter.  
2023-6-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

My pleasure!
2023-6-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-2 23:47
Some years ago my neighbours 6x4ft wooden shed caught on fire,   we had three garden hoses on it and it did nothing,   the fire brigade arrived and turned on their hose and it was out in 8 seconds.

Valiant try but probably just not a large enough volume of water coming out of the garden hoses to douse the fire.  
2023-6-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-3 05:45
Valiant try but probably just not a large enough volume of water coming out of the garden hoses to douse the fire.

It wasnt,   it was scary just how little impact it had.     We would have been better off sprayinght ground to slow the spread.  
2023-6-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-3 23:44
It wasnt,   it was scary just how little impact it had.     We would have been better off sprayinght ground to slow the spread.

Fire is a scary thing.  Even scarier is a wildfire in the countryside that is getting fanned by the winds.  It can spread incredibly fast.  As you can tell I have a healthy respect for fire.  
2023-6-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-4 06:31
Fire is a scary thing.  Even scarier is a wildfire in the countryside that is getting fanned by the winds.  It can spread incredibly fast.  As you can tell I have a healthy respect for fire.

A short walk from here is an old victorian land fill site,   and for some years each summer it would catch on fire,    but oddly the fire was underground,.   it was the strangest thng and really dangerous as the ground would collapse as the rubbish beneath disappeared,    It got so bad the fire fighter refused to go in to deal with it
2023-6-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-4 23:25
A short walk from here is an old victorian land fill site,   and for some years each summer it would catch on fire,    but oddly the fire was underground,.   it was the strangest thng and really dangerous as the ground would collapse as the rubbish beneath disappeared,    It got so bad the fire fighter refused to go in to deal with it

No doubt that was a dangerous situation.  

This is an interesting read about an underground fire that is still burning today.

https://www.abc4.com/news/southe ... nt-be-extinguished/
2023-6-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-5 03:23
No doubt that was a dangerous situation.  

This is an interesting read about an underground fire that is still burning today.

Sadly thats restricted to the USA only to read.
2023-6-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-5 23:29
Sadly thats restricted to the USA only to read.

Sorry about that.  Didn't realize there was a regional restriction.
2023-6-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-6 03:29
Sorry about that.  Didn't realize there was a regional restriction.

No worries,   you probably wouldn't have any way to know.  
2023-6-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-6 23:46
No worries,   you probably wouldn't have any way to know.

Since I've starting using a VPN I haven't noticed any regional restrictions.  At least, not yet.
2023-6-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-7 03:14
Since I've starting using a VPN I haven't noticed any regional restrictions.  At least, not yet.

My vpn terminates at my vpn server at home so something I only use when I'm out and about.
2023-6-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-7 04:43
My vpn terminates at my vpn server at home so something I only use when I'm out and about.

2023-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules