deleted by me
2023-5-27
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Nice, wish our drones could fly in the rain so we could stay up longer and capture these better
2023-5-27
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great job.  That speeded-up effect makes the storm appear even more menacing than a real-time view.
2023-5-27
Use props
digibud
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7820246 ft
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 5-27 23:18
Great job.  That speeded-up effect makes the storm appear even more menacing than a real-time view.

agreed. that was a 10min shoot as I recall and the result was just 10seconds which I slowed down in FInal Cut to 20 second. Sitting around watching the clouds the changes are almost imperceptible and I didn't think the video would look at all as dramatic as it did.
2023-5-28
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

digibud Posted at 5-28 09:38
agreed. that was a 10min shoot as I recall and the result was just 10seconds which I slowed down in FInal Cut to 20 second. Sitting around watching the clouds the changes are almost imperceptible and I didn't think the video would look at all as dramatic as it did.

How many seconds per frame did you shoot at, I wonder?
2023-5-28
Use props
digibud
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 5-28 12:37
How many seconds per frame did you shoot at, I wonder?

3sec between frames I'm pretty sure. That's my "fast medium slow" rubric for 2sec, 3 and 4. If Clouds are moving fast - at all - I shoot 2sec, if I can tell they are moving but it's not really fast, I shoot 3, if the clouds are moving almost imperceptibly I shoot 4 and very often, as I did in this case, I play it at 1/2 speed, set in Final Cut Pro after color grading. Pretty straight forward. We don't get many storm clouds. It normally just gets grey and starts to rain. Very boring. I was lucky I could go, "hey..a storm...I got a camera for that!".
2023-5-28
Use props
MHM
Second Officer

United States

digibud Posted at 5-28 09:38

Did you add any stabilization in processing .  My hyper-lapse straight from the camera comes out very shaky.  Should I return for a new unit I have 2 weeks left in my return window.
2023-5-28
Use props
digibud
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

MHM Posted at 5-28 20:02
Did you add any stabilization in processing .  My hyper-lapse straight from the camera comes out very shaky.  Should I return for a new unit I have 2 weeks left in my return window.

no but I have had jittery ones in the past. I've had to add stabilization on occasion and don't know why.  If it's real windy that's an issue for sure but this time it was fairly windy so ...dunno.  Doing it too low to the ground with trees and such visibly jerking around is also a mistake....
2023-5-28
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Really nice shot!  It is always fun to see a storm coming in, and you captured it well!
2023-5-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done.    
2023-5-29
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

digibud Posted at 5-28 13:26
3sec between frames I'm pretty sure. That's my "fast medium slow" rubric for 2sec, 3 and 4. If Clouds are moving fast - at all - I shoot 2sec, if I can tell they are moving but it's not really fast, I shoot 3, if the clouds are moving almost imperceptibly I shoot 4 and very often, as I did in this case, I play it at 1/2 speed, set in Final Cut Pro after color grading. Pretty straight forward. We don't get many storm clouds. It normally just gets grey and starts to rain. Very boring. I was lucky I could go, "hey..a storm...I got a camera for that!".

Yep, gotta grab the opportunities when they occur
2023-5-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very cool timelapse!
2023-6-2
Use props
Advanced