Change Low Res Previews?
2913 6 2023-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Name: John
lvl.2
United States

Hi, I just got an Air 2s to use with my smart controller. When I review the photos on the controller to make sure they're in focus, etc they are all "Low Res Previews". It's hard to tell if I got what I need until I get back to the computer. On my Air 2 it always displayed pretty high resolution photos and I could easily see they were in focus.

Does anyone know how to change this?

Thanks
2023-5-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. When DJI Smart Controller is used, go to Settings > Transmission > Definition. In both HD mode and Smooth mode the obtained cached video resolution is 720p. Also, we don't have an option to change this resolution. If you want to check the original video file with high resolution, please check the file on the SD card. Hope this helps. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-5-27
Use props
lvl.2
United States

The 720p is fine for video previews. I'm interested in the stills previews. I'm set to save RAW only and the previews are very low quality. On the Air 2 I could only save RAW + JPEG. Maybe I need to save RAW + JPEG on the Air 2s then the previews will be higher quality.
2023-5-28
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Name: John Posted at 5-28 04:23
The 720p is fine for video previews. I'm interested in the stills previews. I'm set to save RAW only and the previews are very low quality. On the Air 2 I could only save RAW + JPEG. Maybe I need to save RAW + JPEG on the Air 2s then the previews will be higher quality.

They are "previews", they are low res. If you need hi res, download the picture from the drone.
2023-5-28
Use props
lvl.2
United States

Is there a way to make the controller automatically download the photos? My previews on my Air 2 were much higher quality.
2023-5-28
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

No, they are basically the same as thumbnails
2023-5-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Name: John Posted at 5-28 04:23
The 720p is fine for video previews. I'm interested in the stills previews. I'm set to save RAW only and the previews are very low quality. On the Air 2 I could only save RAW + JPEG. Maybe I need to save RAW + JPEG on the Air 2s then the previews will be higher quality.

Sorry for the late response. Mobilehomer is correct, if you want to get high-resolution files, you need to download them from the drone or use an SD card and then connect it to the PC to export the file. Also, there is no option to automatically download the original file on the controller. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.  
2023-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules