Remote ID
1868 15 2023-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shawgod
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

I went out to fly my Air2S today and brought open Drone Scanner.  I was trying to locate my drone to see if RID was working.  To my surprise it was not there.  It said 0 drones.  What is wrong that it is not broadcasting the RID out?  Is there something I am suppose to be doing?  I verified that the firmware is up to date and the software on the phone is up to date, so that is not the problem.  I am stumped.
2023-5-27
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23325935 ft
United States

Drone Scanner doesn't work at all.

In fact, none of the RID scanners work.
2023-5-27
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

blue_canyon21 Posted at 5-27 18:38
Drone Scanner doesn't work at all.

In fact, none of the RID scanners work.

Wrong, Drone scanner works fine, so does OpenDrone. It takes a few seconds to acquire.
2023-5-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm what firmware version are you currently using on your DJI Air 2s? Also, could you please try to reinstall the 3rd party app that you are currently using on tracking your aircraft and test it to see if the issue persists? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-5-27
Use props
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068376 ft
Bangladesh

Try a new app called Air Sentinel
2023-5-28
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23325935 ft
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 5-27 19:07
Wrong, Drone scanner works fine, so does OpenDrone. It takes a few seconds to acquire.

How did you get them to work?

I've tried about 5 different apps on Android and left them scanning for about 10 minutes each time with absolutely no results.

Tried with 3 different drones that all have RID enabled.
2023-5-28
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

blue_canyon21 Posted at 5-28 11:59
How did you get them to work?

I've tried about 5 different apps on Android and left them scanning for about 10 minutes each time with absolutely no results.

Try googling dronescanner settings
2023-5-28
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-27 21:45
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm what firmware version are you currently using on your DJI Air 2s? Also, could you please try to reinstall the 3rd party app that you are currently using on tracking your aircraft and test it to see if the issue persists? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

I tried to reinstall drone scanner and the drone is using the latest firmware
2023-5-29
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 5-27 19:07

I don't see Opendrone on the App Store for iOS.  Is this something on Android only?
2023-5-29
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Try OpenDroneID
2023-5-29
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Shawgod Posted at 5-29 06:46

Not what I mean. There are phone settings that need changed. I don't remember what they are.
2023-5-29
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
United States

Not in there
2023-5-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Shawgod Posted at 5-29 06:46

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, we don't have any guidance about this 3rd party app/software. If the Remote ID is working properly, DJI Fly will display "Takeoff permitted". After clicking "Takeoff permitted", you can see “Remote ID functionality normal”, as shown in the following Figure.

If the Remote ID is working abnormally, DJI Fly will display "Remote ID error",
2023-6-1
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18907179 ft
United States

Is there any plan RID firmware update for the Mine2? or is that going to require a third party hardware module?
2023-7-5
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 7-5 12:41
Is there any plan RID firmware update for the Mine2? or is that going to require a third party hardware module?

At this point, it doesn't look like Mini2 is on the short list to get built-in RID.  I guess the DJI thinking is since it's less than 250g, RID isn't required (unless for commercial use).  So technically not even an external module would be necessary.  Mini3Pro got RID already so there's that.
2023-7-5
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18907179 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 7-5 17:25
At this point, it doesn't look like Mini2 is on the short list to get built-in RID.  I guess the DJI thinking is since it's less than 250g, RID isn't required (unless for commercial use).  So technically not even an external module would be necessary.  Mini3Pro got RID already so there's that.

What a shame,   I guess that will make the mini2  pretty much a expensive toy  & pretty useless for commercial remote pilots, especially if we had already bought & used the the mini 2 long before the RID law.   buy another mini to replace a perfectly good one?  

Well the mini2 is still a  great drone . I guess I can sell it to some kid for a few hundred bucks.  because without RID your going to be stuck to flying at FRIA approved locations only https://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/remote_id/fria I am sure a lot of folks won't be happy about that
2023-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules