Assistant software troubles
1074 3 2014-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
headalexander
New

United States

Hello
I am a newbie but I am having problems connecting my phanton to the Assistant Software 3.6.  I have never been able to connect it.  This is a new Phantom 2 version 2.

i have followed the instructions and order per DJI web page and even watched several YouTube how to videos.

I downloaded the PT2 software on my windows 8 laptop, turned on controller, powered up phantom, connected usb to phantom body usb port, connected usb to laptop, opened up Assistant Software.  The lower left connection status lights on the PT2 window never light up.  When i click on the grey Phantom button in the upper right it was I am not connected.  I have tried connecting to JUST the controller as well and it does not connect either.

I even reinstalled the PT2 Assistant Software to make sure and it still does not work.

Please help or offer ideas to allow me to connect.  Could I have a defective USB connection within the Phantom?

many thanks!
2014-12-7
Use props
b.w.j
Second Officer

Denmark

You need to install the "DJI WIN Driver Installer" find it here http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision/download.
The best you can do, is to uninstall assistant, install driver, then reinstall assistant.
2014-12-7
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

You would think these days that the software he downloaded would include the relevant driver.  It does sound like a driver issue though.
2014-12-7
Use props
bahamasboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13845 ft
United States

BWJ is right.. you have to have the win driver installed or the software won't communicate with your bird or transmitter.  Uninstall everything, install the WIN driver first then the assistant then retry.
2014-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules