ALIENTECH Duo Antenna Range Extender DJI RC
1906 9 2023-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
O0O j0hnny O0O
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2328599 ft
Canada

Anyone know anthing about this and if it is any good..
Thanks..

fgsfsfgsf.png
2023-5-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. This specific third-party accessory has not been tested by DJI. Therefore, we cannot guarantee performance and stability. We hope you can get some helpful feedback from your co-users here who uses the same device. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-5-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would have thought FCC mode would give you all the range you need.  
2023-5-29
Use props
TheBoy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28958264 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-29 01:18

Bit of a pain to do on the rather poor DJI RC?  
2023-5-29
Use props
O0O j0hnny O0O
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2328599 ft
Canada

DAFlys Posted at 5-29 01:18

No I only get about 700m before video starts to cut. Tried dual and manual band and same..
No biggy I just use the RCN1 and works just fine..
Thanks..
And I don't plan on running out and spending almost 500 CAD on that extender.
2023-5-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

O0O j0hnny O0O Posted at 5-29 09:54
No I only get about 700m before video starts to cut. Tried dual and manual band and same..
Thanks..

Id be tempted to open a repair case then as even in CE mode we can get a lot more range than that.
2023-5-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TheBoy Posted at 5-29 08:54
Bit of a pain to do on the rather poor DJI RC?

My DJI RC has super range without these mods,   
2023-5-29
Use props
BroomRider
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1262136 ft
United States

O0O j0hnny O0O Posted at 5-29 09:54
No I only get about 700m before video starts to cut. Tried dual and manual band and same..
Thanks..

There are other less expensive competitors, & also appearing to have superior performance.

NLD 2.5W Bi-Di Signal Booster Kit v2 for DJI drones
2023-8-2
Use props
ShadowyMan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 48392 ft
Canada

BroomRider Posted at 8-2 09:43
There are other less expensive competitors, & also appearing to have superior performance.

NLD 2.5W Bi-Di Signal Booster Kit v2 for DJI drones

That's pretty major surgery and definitely not legal.
That said, I'd be interested to see who is brave enough to attempt to install this and the end result.
2023-8-2
Use props
BroomRider
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1262136 ft
United States

ShadowyMan Posted at 8-2 09:50
That's pretty major surgery and definitely not legal.
That said, I'd be interested to see who is brave enough to attempt to install this and the end result.

Anyone with the abilities to disassemble, apply a conformable coating to protect against moisture, & reassemble, could likely do these same modifications successfully.

It's been just over a year since I purchased my Mini 3 Pro & RC combo, so both are still within warranty.

& ofc, DJI will say, anything that happens to either 1 while using non-OEM equipment will void either or both their warranty &/ Flight Assurance (or whatever it's called) coverage.

But, neither of those will last forever, & I'm quite skilled & tech-savvy enough to do those things.

There already exist those who will do the AlienTech product installation - for a fee, ofc., & NLD is reportedly moving to arrange the same for their product, for those who have more money than skills.

As for "legality", both of those products are in response to DJI's failing to address the number of concerns already brought up, & I give the law all the respect it's due.

The limited ranges aren't the only reason for those concerns… many have raised them re: losing useable signal at only a few hundred meters, or flying around or behind objects, or more so in my case, not being able to fly down close enough while well within actual VLOS.

The “Free Market Solutions” will always find a way, when OEM manufacturers refuse to address the consumers' needs.
2023-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules