815 8 2023-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sobrevolando Paraguay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3509183 ft
Paraguay

hi good forum,
why does the display disappear when I'm handling the RC controller? If I accidentally (minimally) touch the display with the ball of my thumb, the image of the transmission from the drone disappears. I get a slight shock every time. With a tap on FLY, the image is displayed again.

2023-5-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have had that happen a time or two with an inadvertent touch of the RC screen.  Fortunately, it is easy to get the transmission image back. You just have to be careful how you hold/grip the RC to avoid the inadvertent touches.
2023-5-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. You may refer to DowntownRDB in his response above. Please make sure that you hold your DJI RC in a proper way to avoid the back button being touched. It is normal that the screen will go back to the Home page of the DJI Fly app once the back button is pressed. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.
2023-5-28
Use props
Sobrevolando Paraguay
lvl.2
Paraguay

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-28 18:45
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. You may refer to DowntownRDB in his response above. Please make sure that you hold your DJI RC in a proper way to avoid the back button being touched. It is normal that the screen will go back to the Home page of the DJI Fly app once the back button is pressed. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.

I don't touch the back arrow key. If I do this, it is logical that the image will disappear.
No, the image also disappears when the ball of my thumb (right ! side) touches the display minimally. In my opinion a mistake.
The image should only disappear if I (accidentally) hit the back arrow key.
2023-5-29
Use props
Sobrevolando Paraguay
lvl.2
Paraguay

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-28 17:57
I have had that happen a time or two with an inadvertent touch of the RC screen.  Fortunately, it is easy to get the transmission image back. You just have to be careful how you hold/grip the RC to avoid the inadvertent touches.

Thanks for your information/idea. Not easy to change the position of the hands.
Finally, the middle fingers rest on the turning wheels. The ball of the thumb comes very, very close to the display.
2023-5-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Sobrevolando Paraguay Posted at 5-29 06:19
Thanks for your information/idea. Not easy to change the position of the hands.
Finally, the middle fingers rest on the turning wheels. The ball of the thumb comes very, very close to the display.

I know exactly what you mean about the thumb coming so very close to the display face.  I'm always trying to ensure I don't inadvertently let my thumb touch and since the first couple of times I've been able to avoid it going away from the image.  Hope you work it out also.
2023-5-29
Use props
Sobrevolando Paraguay
lvl.2
Paraguay

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-29 10:04
I know exactly what you mean about the thumb coming so very close to the display face.  I'm always trying to ensure I don't inadvertently let my thumb touch and since the first couple of times I've been able to avoid it going away from the image.  Hope you work it out also.

Many thanks for your response!!
I delved into this topic yesterday and can assert that it is a problem for many!! users.
Shouldn't be!
Well, who now has the opportunity to report this bug to the DJI computer scientists?
2023-5-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Sobrevolando Paraguay Posted at 5-30 07:04
Many thanks for your response!!
I delved into this topic yesterday and can assert that it is a problem for many!! users.
Shouldn't be!

Would require a total redesign of the RC.  
2023-5-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sobrevolando Paraguay Posted at 5-29 05:53
I don't touch the back arrow key. If I do this, it is logical that the image will disappear.
No, the image also disappears when the ball of my thumb (right ! side) touches the display minimally. In my opinion a mistake.
The image should only disappear if I (accidentally) hit the back arrow key.

Thank you for your response. We will coordinate this feedback of yours to our designated team for attention. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules