Using Zip utility on RC Pro
799 10 2023-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PaulKofi
lvl.4
Mexico

Hello all,

I often need to revise flight routes created with Pilot2 on my RCPro. These kmz routes are zipped and need to be opened by some Zip utility (like 7 Zip) so as to be able to revise/edit the waypoint execution file (waylines.wpml) or the template file (template.kml). Right now, I have to download the kmz file to my laptop, revise it / edit and then relaod to RC Pro. It is quite time consuming and it would be great to be able to install an Android zip utility directly on RC Pro and thus do the revision/edition of planned routes much more efficiently.

Any suggestions?
2023-5-28
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Have you tried...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.winzip.android

https://play.google.com/store/ap ... s.reader.unarchiver

2023-5-28
Use props
PaulKofi
lvl.4
Mexico

Burt37 Posted at 5-28 19:54
Have you tried...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.winzip.android

Thanks, but the question is can and how can these apps be installed on RC Pro Enterprise?
2023-5-28
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

PaulKofi Posted at 5-28 20:04
Thanks, but the question is can and how can these apps be installed on RC Pro Enterprise?

Super easily.  Copy the APK to a folder on the device, then run it.  I usually use a usb cable and transfer from a computer.  Although truthfully the first time I will actually copy over onedrive or google drive so I can just sync folders when its connected to the internet.
2023-5-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, PaulKofi. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm if you are referring to DJI RC Pro or DJI RC Pro Enterprise for further checking? Thank you.
2023-5-28
Use props
PaulKofi
lvl.4
Mexico

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-28 22:19
Hi, PaulKofi. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm if you are referring to DJI RC Pro or DJI RC Pro Enterprise for further checking? Thank you.

DJI RC PRO Enterprise for Mavic 3E
2023-5-29
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

PaulKofi Posted at 5-29 02:42

https://m.apkpure.com/winzip-%E2%80%93-zip-unzip-tool/com.winzip.android

2023-5-29
Use props
PaulKofi
lvl.4
Mexico

Thanks for the tips, all!
2023-5-29
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yep, you got this Paul.  Luckily the RC Pro Enterprise, just like the RC Pro allows for third part apps.  Any APK you can grab can be put on there and installed.  My favorites include onedrive, (to make transfers of audio files easier for use with the horn speaker on the M3 Enterprise) as well as File Manager + which I believe has the unzip functions for just about every type of file compression.  Because my crazy passwords are so long, I even installed BItwarden so I can quickly relogin into whatever I'm using, Drone Deploy, Dronelink, the DJI app etc if needed out in the field.  
2023-5-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, PaulKofi. Thank you for the reply. Installing 3rd Party App through an APK file is possible. However, we're not sure if Utility App will work on it. Let me forward it to our relevant team to check if they have tried it before.
2023-6-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, PaulKofi. Thank you for patiently waiting. We now received feedback from our relevant team. Regretfully, we have not conducted compatibility testing of the mentioned third-party software thus we cannot guarantee the use of the effect. You may try installing a Zip Utility App to check. You can download third-party apps through the built-in browser or install APK files from a microSD card (DJI is not responsible for any rights or information involving third-party security and does not provide any technical support for compatibility issues. If an installed third-party app prevents you from enjoying optimal use of your DJI RC Pro/DJI RC Pro Enterprise, we recommend that you remove the app or restore the controller to the original factory settings.)
2023-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules