654 5 2023-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Morrisson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20710033 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone had issues with the image on the Integra goggles looking brighter than the actual recording on the drone? I flew the other evening for the second time and was super happy with what I was seeing in my goggles but when I got back to my computer and loaded the chip, it was SUPER dark. The two images didn't match up exposure-wise. Ever heard of this? Ever experience it? Is this just me not knowing how to use my equipment?
2023-5-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Morrisson. Thank you for reaching out. May we ask how you transfer the file/s to your computer and how many media players you have tried so far?
2023-5-28
Use props
Morrisson
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-28 21:38
Hi, Morrisson. Thank you for reaching out. May we ask how you transfer the file/s to your computer and how many media players you have tried so far?

I transfer by dragging and dropping files from the USB onto my desktop. I believe I've tried two different players and both were dark. Is what I'm seeing in the goggles the same as the camera? Or is it a boosted version of the signal?
2023-5-31
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

a little more info please.  what brightness settings are your goggles?  what is the drone camera settings?  yes they should both be pretty exact but it's hard to tell based on your description.  is the entire video dark or just certain segments?  you said evening, does this mean you were out after 6pm or later?  i don't think the goggles are supposed to enhance the image in the goggles so you can see better....but i guess it's possible.  personally i believe the avata is overly dark so i always try to record +3 or +7.
2023-5-31
Use props
Morrisson
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 5-31 12:13
a little more info please.  what brightness settings are your goggles?  what is the drone camera settings?  yes they should both be pretty exact but it's hard to tell based on your description.  is the entire video dark or just certain segments?  you said evening, does this mean you were out after 6pm or later?  i don't think the goggles are supposed to enhance the image in the goggles so you can see better....but i guess it's possible.  personally i believe the avata is overly dark so i always try to record +3 or +7.

My goggles are on the lowest setting. But the image quality in the final recording looks nice but the shadows specifically are DARK. The other day, for example, I was flying at a building against a sunset. On the goggles, I could see the side facing me (the shadow side) but when I played it back on my laptop, the shadow section was totally underexposed. There just seems to be a discrepancy on the pictures. I don't mind how dark it was but I'm trying to just figure out how to get them to match so I know what I'm shooting...
2023-5-31
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Morrisson Posted at 5-31 12:56
My goggles are on the lowest setting. But the image quality in the final recording looks nice but the shadows specifically are DARK. The other day, for example, I was flying at a building against a sunset. On the goggles, I could see the side facing me (the shadow side) but when I played it back on my laptop, the shadow section was totally underexposed. There just seems to be a discrepancy on the pictures. I don't mind how dark it was but I'm trying to just figure out how to get them to match so I know what I'm shooting...

yeah i get that, too
2023-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules