508 10 2023-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alpine
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2875830 ft
  • >>>
Finland

I was flying with Phantom 4 Pro yesterday. Battery level was about 60%. Suddenly battery level went to 0 and drone dropped to a lake. I tried to find the drone there but there is more than 1 meter deep water and water is dark. It was impossible to find the drone there.
2023-5-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Alpine. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to read about this. If your aircraft cannot be found, you can report a flyaway case via Flyaway Service. After successful registration, a DJI customer service agent will contact you and communicate with the service solution. If your aircraft has been found but is malfunctioning and requires repair, you can submit a repair application via Online Repair Request. Data analysis can also be requested (a fee might be applied depending on the warranty). If you need assistance creating a ticket, contact DJI support at (https://www.dji.com/support). Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.
2023-5-28
Use props
Shawgod
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

Sounds like you had a defective battery.  How old was your P4P?  I know Gamora is talking about a warranty issue, but these haven't been in production for a while.  I am sorry to hear about your loss.  The P4P is by far my favorite drone to fly.
2023-5-29
Use props
Alpine
lvl.2
  • >>>
Finland

Shawgod Posted at 5-29 07:02
Sounds like you had a defective battery.  How old was your P4P?  I know Gamora is talking about a warranty issue, but these haven't been in production for a while.  I am sorry to hear about your loss.  The P4P is by far my favorite drone to fly.

It was about 5 and half years old. It's a pity. I had already ordered Mini 3 Pro so I won't be many days without a drone
2023-5-29
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

This like the 20th time someone complain they lost their drone in water on this site. Lmao. Don't people learn after a while? No point in finding the drone if it went into the water. Water damage is the worst and impossible to fix. Hope you have dji care plan on that drone.
2023-5-29
Use props
Alpine
lvl.2
  • >>>
Finland

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 5-29 12:19
This like the 20th time someone complain they lost their drone in water on this site. Lmao. Don't people learn after a while? No point in finding the drone if it went into the water. Water damage is the worst and impossible to fix. Hope you have dji care plan on that drone.

I fly above water almost every flight since we have so many lakes in Finland. I haven't had problems before.
2023-5-30
Use props
Shawgod
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

Alpine Posted at 5-30 00:11
I fly above water almost every flight since we have so many lakes in Finland. I haven't had problems before.

There seems to be something with the sensors under the drone that get tricked because of the reflection of the water.  So the drone loses and the water takes another victim.  Have seen a lot of videos and read a lot of these stories.  When flying over water be sure to fly high enough.
2023-5-30
Use props
Alpine
lvl.2
  • >>>
Finland

Shawgod Posted at 5-30 15:02
There seems to be something with the sensors under the drone that get tricked because of the reflection of the water.  So the drone loses and the water takes another victim.  Have seen a lot of videos and read a lot of these stories.  When flying over water be sure to fly high enough.

Reflection from water wasn't problem. Battery just died. Battery level was 60% and suddenly it was 0 percent.
2023-5-30
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

What did the battery read when you launched?
2023-5-31
Use props
Alpine
lvl.2
  • >>>
Finland

Mark The Droner Posted at 5-31 02:17
What did the battery read when you launched?

Battery level was 100% before the flight.
2023-5-31
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Could the battery have become dislodged?  Sorry for your loss.
2023-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules