888 4 2023-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nethfel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19728 ft
United States

Hi all,
I've got a new DJI drone coming and am planning on selling my Air 2 w/ smart controller to help fund the new purchase Now I've seen plenty of videos about unbinding a drone from your DJI account, which is great if you have the RC-N1; but nothing about if you have the smart controller.  Do I need the DJI assistant to reset it to factory defaults or is there something else I can do within the controller so I don't have to download additional software.  

Also will a reset on the controller unbind it from the Air 2 itself?  My big concern is if I sell it locally, the buyer may want to see it fly (which is fine as it works perfectly) but I need to be able to do the reset process after that...

Any thoughts / tips on this?

2023-5-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Nethfel. Thank you for reaching out. Resetting the controller will not unbind it from the aircraft. To unbind the remote controller, it will be the same process as the one in the RC-N1, the network needs to be connected, and the remote controller and aircraft need to be connected. Then please refer to the below path to unbind the remote controller. The path is Profile>Device Management>Value-added service>Unbind RC.

You may reset the Smart Controller settings: Slide down the menu bar on the main page, and click Settings>Factory Data Reset. Please make sure to back up the important files of the unit before restoring the factory settings. Also, before handing it down to the buyer make sure that you are already logged out from your DJI account on the DJI Fly of the Smart Controller. Hope this helps.
2023-5-29
Use props
Nethfel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19728 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-29 04:26
Hi, Nethfel. Thank you for reaching out. Resetting the controller will not unbind it from the aircraft. To unbind the remote controller, it will be the same process as the one in the RC-N1, the network needs to be connected, and the remote controller and aircraft need to be connected. Then please refer to the below path to unbind the remote controller. The path is: Profile>Device Management>Value-added service>Unbind RC.
[view_image]
You may reset the Smart Controller settings: Slide down the menu bar on the main page, and click Settings>Factory Data Reset. Please make sure to back up the important files of the unit before restoring the factory settings. Also, before handing it down to the buyer make sure that you are already logged out from your DJI account on the DJI Fly of the Smart Controller. Hope this helps.

Thank you so much, I’ll make sure to do all of that.  I assume the reset will remove all data as well as any additionally installed apps (aside from stock ones)?
2023-5-29
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

With regards to flight logs, after you have performed your reset I would use the computer to check that your flight logs are no longer on the controller.
There is at least one thread where the new owner was puzzled by their being able to access, via computer - NOT the app,  the previous owner's flight logs.
If your logs  survived the reset then delete them using the computer.

Personally I would copy or move the flight logs from the smart controller to the computer PRIOR to the reset.
2023-5-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Nethfel Posted at 5-29 04:33
Thank you so much, I’ll make sure to do all of that.  I assume the reset will remove all data as well as any additionally installed apps (aside from stock ones)?

Yes, so make sure that everything you need has been backed up already before you reset the Controller.
2023-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules