Dji rc vs rc-n1 tested, result is surprising.
2087 3 2023-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

We all know the rc controller doesnt have external antenna. While the rc n1 have the antenna you pull out when placing your phone. So ive seen people who review both the rc controller and rc-N1 and they are saying the rc-N1 have better signal range. So i took both out to tested myself. The drone i use is the mavic 3 pro. Flying same location and height of 393 ft. I tried as much as possible to keep a straight line for both remote and pointing the remote at the drone as possible. The rc controller was able to reach 14,000 ft before starting to glitch. I push it up to 15,000 ft before signal lost. I then try the rc-N1 on the same drone. I was able to get up to 7100 ft before starting to glitch. Then push to 7400 ft before lost signal. So this is really weird how i was able to only get half the range with the rc-N1. I was expecting them to be similar or the rc-N1 to be a bit better. Anyone tested both and can share their own results?
2023-5-29
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Depends on how the channels is managed....Does nothing to do with RC, but with switching correctly the band and the channel in case of too much noise.
So your test is not conclusive if you did not used manual band and channel.
2023-5-30
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

Geo_Drone Posted at 5-30 04:27
Depends on how the channels is managed....Does nothing to do with RC, but with switching correctly the band and the channel in case of too much noise.
So your test is not conclusive if you did not used manual band and channel.
No did not use manual. On both test, they were on dual band. Flying same location and height. Same weather, wind, temp. Isnt the point of ocusync 2.0/3.0 is the controller is smart enough to switch bands/channel for maximum signal strength. I am confuse. So why would manual band be better than letting the controller decide which band to use. Wanted to test if the rc-n1 have better range than the Rc controller since other youtubers have said the rc controller have the worst range. I was surprised the rc-n1 only got half of what the rc controller achieved in my test. Will test different location and see what the results are.
2023-5-30
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 5-30 06:16
No did not use manual. On both test, they were on dual band. Flying same location and height. Same weather, wind, temp. Isnt the point of ocusync 2.0/3.0 is the controller is smart enough to switch bands/channel for maximum signal strength. I am confuse. So why would manual band be better than letting the controller decide which band to use. Wanted to test if the rc-n1 have better range than the Rc controller since other youtubers have said the rc controller have the worst range. I was surprised the rc-n1 only got half of what the rc controller achieved in my test. Will test different location and see what the results are.

There was issues with changing channels in N1...sometimes remains on same channel, even if is with high noise.
DJI knows the issue, was not yet fixed.
2023-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules