DJI mic drains power from Osmo Action 3 battery?
894 6 2023-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MartinBG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 282044 ft
Bulgaria

Recently I tried to use the Osmo Action 3 + DJI Mic combo and found that my camera's battery drains a lot faster (I had to use 2 batteries on a bike ride where usually 1 battery is enough). At the same time the Mic receiver stayed at full power after 4+ hours of use. The camera was not powered on all the time, but I didn't bother to turn off the mic as it is claimed to have enough juyce for a day use. The mic and the camera were connected via USB-C to USB-C cable all the time.

Has anyone else nothiced this?

I checked all options on the Mic and the camera, but failed to find a way to controll this behaviour.

Am I missing something?
Is there a way to prevent DJI Mic to drain power form Osmo Action 3 when both are connected by USB-C?

Thank you for reading!

2023-5-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, MartinBG. Thank you for reaching out. After testing with our relevant team, we found out that the type C-C method will default charge the DJI MIC receiver from Osmo Action 3, and actually, this is USB port protocol, which cannot be turned off, but you may try another method which will not waste the battery level from Osmo Action 3, you may use the DJI MIC adaptor to connect Osmo Action 3 with the receiver, with this connection, it will not charge.  
2023-6-2
Use props
MartinBG
lvl.2
Bulgaria

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-2 05:18
Hi, MartinBG. Thank you for reaching out. After testing with our relevant team, we found out that the type C-C method will default charge the DJI MIC receiver from Osmo Action 3, and actually, this is USB port protocol, which cannot be turned off, but you may try another method which will not waste the battery level from Osmo Action 3, you may use the DJI MIC adaptor to connect Osmo Action 3 with the receiver, with this connection, it will not charge.

Hi DJI Gamora, and thank you for the reply.

Can you please clear up to me what is the "DJI MIC adaptor" and how to use it? Thank you!
2023-6-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

MartinBG Posted at 6-2 10:12
Hi DJI Gamora, and thank you for the reply.

Can you please clear up to me what is the "DJI MIC adaptor" and how to use it? Thank you!

Hi, MartinBG. These how the adaptors look like:

To know how to use it, please watch this video:

Hope this helps.
2023-6-6
Use props
MartinBG
lvl.2
Bulgaria

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-6 23:21
Hi, MartinBG. These how the adaptors look like:
[view_image]
To know how to use it, please watch this video:

Hi, DJI Gamora.

Thank you for the detailed reply!
2023-6-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

MartinBG Posted at 6-7 12:56
Hi, DJI Gamora.

Thank you for the detailed reply!

You're welcome, MartinBG. Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach us again here at DJI Forum. Have a nice day!
2023-6-9
Use props
MartinBG
lvl.2
Bulgaria

I did some tests and can confirm that the mic does not charge from the camera when it is not connected to it through the USB-C port but  uses the mic adaptor instead. That is true even when there is a cable between the mic adaptor and the camera. It seems that the camera drains more power when there's mic connected to it even if both are disabled at the time, but it is minimal (like 2-3% for several hours).
2023-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules