Latest Transmission Firmware Breaks Some Great Features
810 0 2023-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jakerockwell
lvl.2
United States

This was originally posted as a response to DJI's post on the Transmission's latest formware update but Im reposting here because DJI doesnt have a dedicated  section for the Transmission system (there should be!)

Anyway, I have two MAJOR issues that actually make the update worse. Im about to downgrade to that previous firmware.

To understand my setup, I am using the DJI Transmission system with a Sony FX30. I have programmed the 'Virtual Widget' on the High-Bright Monitor so that I can turn auto-focus on and off and turn auto-iris on and off.  

Here are the issues with the latest update:

1. On the right handgrip, you can no longer select what you want the dial to control.  Previously, I could control my focus/zoom motor with the dial and switch, within the high-bright monitor's settings, to control the focus. Since the update, the dial is just set to 'Focus' and there's no way to change it unless I go into the settings on the RS3 Pro and switch from 'Focus Motor' (which I use to control my Zoom) to 'Focus & Zoom Bluetooth Cable-Driven' to control Focus.  This is super frustrating and defeats the purpose of a wireless system. Plus, the label 'Focus & Zoom Bluetooth Cable-Driven' makes little sense since Im not using bluetooth. What you should have done is assign a button on the handgrip so that a user can cycle through what with the dial controls. That way, I could switch between focus and zoom without having to go into the settings on the high-bright monitor. But with the latest update, I can't switch at all.

2. On the right handgrip, the 'AF' button used to snap the frame into focus when pressed (when the camera was set to manual focus). Now it doesn't work at all. Why would you remove this feature? This was such an important feature. I just don't get why that would be removed in the update.  It's cool that you are making more buttons on the handgrips useful but don't take away the most useful button.  Also, it would be killer if you could assign buttons on the virtual widget (up/down/left/right) to buttons on the handgrip.

Other than that, keep up the great work! I still love the Transmission system.
2023-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules