Mini3 pro concerns
772 16 2023-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
James Harder
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35889 ft
Canada

The mini3 pro drone, the ACTUAL battery, a hefty chunk of the back end of it does not even go into a housing, and is used 100% of the time as its main impact zone and contact support base of the drone itself with not so much as even a peice of tape as a shock buffer, even though they added slits for rubber like the front legs, (more like amputees stubs from what a leg might have been)

Can landing the dtone on the battery itself this way cause it to explode if swelling started mid flight? Or even no swelling if your flying at top of the temp scale?

Surely this model of drone would have a lower max temp range than the drones which have an actual layer of drone body guarding it, or if it was not being used as the landing support.

Also, everyone asks about cold weather,dji even uses examples of landing drone on massive beds of natural ice, and flying quite high up in heavily wintry climates,  but state in the read first safty sheet that the drones ARE NOT!! Meant to be used what so ever when its colder than +5 cel.

Is this a clear example of false advertising.

Also they force you to use your drone with an active ready to take off state just so you can watch your footage from the controller itself or send files to your wifi.

Had the drone beep and a popup on screen of it shutting down cause of overheating in less than 5 mins this way with a room temp of half what the top range allows.  Touching the drone at this time felt like it was so hot I might deform the plastic if I gripped it hard enough to pull battery out.
Surely this is not safe.

In the app permissions you force lock the ability to update your devices without asking or even needing to inform you what so ever.

They on the rc with screen fully restrict use of ALL google services other than the ones they open for you.
But the device states its an android 10 device in its system tab.
Using the green robot logo on thete package requires device to be using a licensed version of the os, and any liscend version of android has a strict policy of google search and play store being required as installed on the factory setting in 1st home screen.

Also forked os can be used free, and you can restict what ever you want,  but again a policy states in this line of use, NO background android or google services are allowed to be pre installed and provided for the user to use out of box or install from non authorized sources.

The rc pro seems same and has non revoked access.
And coincidentally the rc + goggles v2 + motion controller are exactly 1 dollar less than the rc pro.
Meaning are they illegality restricting services they have to provide.  For i assume to prevent you ftom using the rc screen with a google cardboard and phone to go goggle mod as alternative to thete 700 dollar one.

The weight of my dtone out of box with sd card was 249g on my scale.  It dont have a decimal point display.  But putting a sticker on it thaw the type i can peel off a sheet that you run through the printer cause the scale to read 250.  Non micro,  but they say some areas on there warning may still requre this.
And they also state they pre planned for enough weight for a not included sold separately sd card. So why not leave a needed amout for possible regulation payl9ads.
Also in sept i would assume the sold separately rc transmitter needed by law would weigh more than the fraction of a single gram they provided in remaining payload capacity.

They also show drone flying at night, but did not install lights that meet fcc regulations.  They actually force all lights on drone to go off while activly recording.

The rc has 2 gigs of files they dont even let you reveal as show hidden, as that buttion is oddly removed from ONLY the system tab on the storage menu.

You cannot play content with the drine powered down when capured greater than 1k resolution or the view 360 mode of panoramics even with the sd card from drone moved to the rc screen . So somehow the rc live connection turns the rc from a 1k to a 4k resolution?

I have a ton more screenshots and notes on this drone causeing my spidy senses to tingle.

Can anyone please debunk any of this as shady in nature by a offical source , as all i can get myself is wikipedia level data.
2023-5-30
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The battery should be checked prior to installation and preflight.

Operating temps is down to 10C

Youre not forced to update, sometimes firmware is though, but thats rare.

Hovering in a warm room may cause the drone to land due to overheating. same with outside on a hot day in direct sun and just hovering.

SD card does not way much at all and will not take it over the 250g

Not every country has a rule/law about flying at night, for example, the UK does not.

The RC has many hidden files such as any Android device has, be it RC, phone or tablet
2023-5-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Your scales are probably not accurate enough to weight the drone correctly.    The drone + SD + Label + ND filters will be under 250g.
2023-5-30
Use props
Mavic57pro2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think you need to return your drone as you are clearly not happy with your purchase.

2023-5-30
Use props
James Harder
lvl.1
Canada

Bashy Posted at 5-30 18:59
The battery should be checked prior to installation and preflight.

Operating temps is down to 10C
It has nothing to do if the battrry is fine when u take off, am i really the only one who sees an issue with the batter only being pushed in part way and yhe remaining section that is sticking out becomes the actual dtones full rear bumper and the actual physical section of the drone which literally is also functioning as the drones rear landing block.

In my head ic this a drone with a really hot battery, and these batterys have 1-2mm of soft plastic max.

So this 1-2mm of plastic guarding the lithium inside is going thimp against the ground every single tome you put it in air?

Why not have it mount on to? Go gully inside like the mini2 se?

An analogy that might help, if uou needed batterys in your shoes would you just stick them with no actual battery compartment directly to the soles and walk around slamming them to the concrete carefree?

And is no one else care dji is showing this in wxtensive winter flying when they say absolutely do not fly lower than +5.
Pic show bat as legs
20230531_035227.jpg
2023-5-31
Use props
James Harder
lvl.1
Canada

James Harder Posted at 5-31 01:30
It has nothing to do if the battrry is fine when u take off, am i really the only one who sees an issue with the batter only being pushed in part way and yhe remaining section that is sticking out becomes the actual dtones full rear bumper and the actual physical section of the drone which literally is also functioning as the drones rear landing block.

In my head ic this a drone with a really hot battery, and these batterys have 1-2mm of soft plastic max.

Ran out characters, yea it false advertising,  the webpage says -10c but it says +5 in the printed safty docs provided with the drone.  Not a typo using this value in every language, and both the batterys doc from fly more insert say +5 as well as battery and drone in the base box.

I mean how are they not sued to bankruptcy? If they are bold enough to outright give every user this physical evidence,  what are they doing they care enough to hide do not to get caugt.
2023-5-31
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you are worried about shock to the battery cells add rubber pads to the landing feet. I think this has already been suggested in another thread but for differing reasons i.e. to make the drone less likely to slip.

Have you looked at the FPV drone? It too has undercarriage incorporated in an exposed battery case.

How does the shock/acceleration imparted to the battery cells of the Mini 3 Pro differ from the shock/acceleration imparted to the battery cells of a drone with an 'enclosed battery'? The batteries of the Mavic Mini and Mini 2 have no 'wiggle room' in their enclosures and no soft undercarriage, the shock/acceleration imparted to those drones is also imparted to their batteries and their battery cells. In fact their is no 'wiggle room' in the M2P/Z and the Phantom 3 series, the M2P's undercarriage 'suspension' is minimal, in any. The Phantom 3 has the most undercarriage 'suspension of any DJI drone that I have seen.

Regarding battery temperature, will have a play with my log book program to add maximum battery temperature to its output and then run it on the logs of I have from troubled flights, there are several mini 3 pro logs in that library.
YOU COULD ADD TO THAT LIBRARY by adding a few flight logs from flights where you think the battery became excessively hot. Retrieve the flight logs drone the screen device and upload them one by one to
https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/
and post the URL's here.

With regards to the shock/accleration at landing in general, I doubt the mini 3 pro normally "slam"s itself onto the ground. I imagine that, like every other 'mavic', the normal, controlled landing shock/acceleration is minimal.

Again, if you are going to fret about these battery 'problems' then I suggest you return the drone, I doubt you will ever be worry-free concerning these problems.

All the above, personally I would be much more concerned about the battery clips and their seem vulnerability to fatigue cracks in their 'hinge'.

2023-5-31
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
France

James Harder Posted at 5-31 01:30
It has nothing to do if the battrry is fine when u take off, am i really the only one who sees an issue with the batter only being pushed in part way and yhe remaining section that is sticking out becomes the actual dtones full rear bumper and the actual physical section of the drone which literally is also functioning as the drones rear landing block.

It sounds like you do not even have this drone because it does NOT thump against the ground; it lands like a feather, and that is no exaggeration!

This drone can fly in way below -10C, many have, with no issues too. Your only concern should be keeping the battery warm before you take off, so either waste power by hovering once it reaches the 1.2m after take off, keep an eye on the battery until it warms up, then fly, or, keep it in a pocket close to you body or a picnic food cooler/heater (i do the pocket and the food heater).

As Sean has said, you're fretting about nothing.
2023-5-31
Use props
WN1X
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37884 ft
United States

The Mini 3 Pro uses lithium-polymer (LiPo) batteries. These are much safer than lithium-ion cells and do not present an explosion risk.
2023-5-31
Use props
jmb63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

As above, If all those mentioned "concerns" are an issue, don't buy the thing.
I suspect you'll always have issues and you've already mentioned "false advertising/specs", etc. I can only imagine when you discover its true flight time and distance and have all that to complain about

The little "vents" you mentioned are actually for cooling. The moving props force some air in through the body to cool the electronics. This model (Mini 3 Pro) does not have a cooling fan so, in some scenarios if the props are not on and providing the cooling, it does get hot. This has been noted primarily during firmware updates since it is just sitting there.
The DJI RC is just a minimal remote control with built-in screen it is designed to just run the app for the drone. It does not have the hardware, memory, etc to run other apps so it is best kept as designed with no added "junk"
The RC Pro is a much more capable unit that will allow the install of apps since it has a MUCH more powerful hardware system and, of course, its price reflects that.
2023-5-31
Use props
James Harder
lvl.1
Canada

Bashy Posted at 5-31 03:36
It sounds like you do not even have this drone because it does NOT thump against the ground; it lands like a feather, and that is no exaggeration!

This drone can fly in way below -10C, many have, with no issues too. Your only concern should be keeping the battery warm before you take off, so either waste power by hovering once it reaches the 1.2m after take off, keep an eye on the battery until it warms up, then fly, or, keep it in a pocket close to you body or a picnic food cooler/heater (i do the pocket and the food heater).
Yes i did return it yesterday. And all im saying is in the actual paper and ink provided content as the read first warnings yo cover there ass, which i had to use a magnifying lens to make out the gine print.
Is there they state drone opperating trmp 5-40c
I would assume if you were in a legal battle for teying to prove you were not using drone wrecklessly this paper warning in proudt box would trump the advertised -10 on store sales specs they list.

All im trying to do is get dji to have trsnsparency and consistent documentation when it comes to, how do i know if one is a typo or theu are trying to pull some wool over my eyes.

Maybe yhe issue is because yes i am one of those guys who read every single word provided inside the box, so i use a product at its safest understanding.
I know 999/1000 or more just throw those papers awsy tresting it like its nothing more than packing peanuts.
2023-5-31
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

James Harder Posted at 5-31 07:29
Yes i did return it yesterday. And all im saying is in the actual paper and ink provided content as the read first warnings yo cover there ass, which i had to use a magnifying lens to make out the gine print.
I would assume if you were in a legal battle for teying to prove you were not using drone wrecklessly this paper warning in proudt box would trump the advertised -10 on store sales specs they list.

Oh well, at least I got max battery temp added to my logbook output.
Though, with "Yes i did return it yesterday." I can't help but wonder why the thread was started in the first place?

The attached is the best I can do at uploading the Mini 3 Pro max battery temperature. I can't upload the csv or txt to here and don't how to make public pages on google drive etc. anonymous. Oh, height and distance are in metres and there is no significance to the height column being highlighted, it's merely that I moved it and screen captured the image with the highlighting still active.

2023-5-31
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

WN1X Posted at 5-31 04:51
The Mini 3 Pro uses lithium-polymer (LiPo) batteries. These are much safer than lithium-ion cells and do not present an explosion risk.

This is what the manual says:

Intelligent Flight Battery
Capacity
2453 mAh
Weight
Approx. 80.5 g
Voltage
7.38 V
Charging Voltage Limit
8.5 V
Battery Type
Li-ion
Energy
18.1 Wh
Charging Time
64 mins (with the DJI 30W USB-C Charger and the battery mounted to the aircraft)
56 mins (with the DJI 30W USB-C Charger and the battery inserted into the DJI Mini 3 Pro Two-Way Charging Hub)
Charging Temperature Range
5° to 40° C (41° to 104° F)
Recommended Charger
DJI 30W USB-C Charger or other USB Power Delivery chargers (30 W)*
* When you charge the battery mounted to the aircraft or inserted into the DJI Mini 3 Pro Two-Way Charging Hub, the maximum charging power supported is 30 W.
2023-5-31
Use props
WN1X
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37884 ft
United States

The cells use a polymer for the electrolyte instead of a liquid. Technically, all LiPo batteries are lithium ion.
2023-5-31
Use props
Mavic57pro2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Glad you returned it, someone else will be able to use it to have fun, take photos and video, the joy of droning in the air, not droning on about nit picking.
2023-5-31
Use props
Blackbuckone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68967 ft
United Kingdom

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 5-30 23:38
I think you need to return your drone as you are clearly not happy with your purchase.

Yes I agree, to write so many negative thoughts you clearly aren't happy. Send it back.
2023-5-31
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
France

As Kyalami shows, the 5C to 40C that you are getting hung up on is the charging temperature, how can you get confused with that and the operating temperature?

If you did have it, youve sent it back for absolutely no reason lol
2023-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules