Geo Zone Website Address Not Recognized
755 3 2023-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
droney_baloney
lvl.4
Flight distance : 486 ft
United States

I've been having this issue for years and expected it to be fixed now that the Geo Zone Information website has been updated...but it hasn't:

I type in an address to check for any geo zones that I may need to unlock each time I get an assignment from my clients (here). One of three things happens:

1) I put in an address in the search (via copy and paste) and it is recognized and I select it in the drop down or press enter and the pin is dropped on the map (sweet, that's how it's supposed to work)

2) I put in an address in the search (via copy and paste) and it is NOT recognized so I delete a few characters at the end and then the address is recognized and I select it from the drop down and a pin is dropped on the map (annoying, but ok.)

3) I put in an address in the search (via copy and paste) and it is NOT recognized and even after backspacing several characters or words it still is NOT recognized by the site. At this point I try to type it in manually and it still doesn't work. Pressing enter doesn't drop a pin and the drop down menu never recognizes it. No typos. (infuriating)

Why do 2+3 happen and what do I do when 3 happens and I need to check the DJI zones so I properly plan a flight? These geozones are incredibly stupid but I know I have to work with them since they've always been here and aren't going anywhere. So how can I consistently get these addresses to show up?

P.S. this behavior happens sometimes with latitude and longitude coridinates I am provided for assigments as well, specifically all three scenarios listed above.

Thanks!
2023-5-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just browse the map to the location and you wont have any issues.
2023-5-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, droney_baloney. Thank you for reaching out. We have reported this issue to the relevant team and will wait for the solution and feedback. If you need to unlock a location urgently, please provide us the address details and we will try to check it on our end. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2023-6-12
Use props
droney_baloney
lvl.4
Flight distance : 486 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-12 23:39
Hi, droney_baloney. Thank you for reaching out. We have reported this issue to the relevant team and will wait for the solution and feedback. If you need to unlock a location urgently, please provide us the address details and we will try to check it on our end. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.

I can't even get towns to work. I type in "Town Name, State" and it pops up in the drop down menu and when I click it, nothing happens...in multiple browsers. What is the progress on this? I cannot look up locations OR addresses?
2023-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules