Dji fly deleting videos from cache - help!
1732 5 2023-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SparkUK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1512425 ft
Indonesia

Hi all, I’m having some really annoying problems with DJI fly using the Air 2S.

1) Cached video files are disappearing / being deleted from the app seemingly at random / chronologically. For example, I’ve been on a 3 week trip, and footage I shot about 2 weeks ago has suddenly gone from the aircraft album (cached).  I can’t find any settings in the fly app to change cache size anymore it only gives the option to delete. Not sure if this is the problem?

2) what happens to master shots and quick shot videos when the cache gets deleted? And if I want to repopulate the cache with deleted footage is this possible? Eg. Can I get that cached footage back in Dji fly so I can edit and create more mastershots? Or am I now stuck with the raw master shot footage and have to use a video editing app to add music and cut the footage into mini videos?

3) I have my iPhone set to remove redundant apps to optimise storage. I realised this meant Dji fly gets deleted if I don’t fly for a while. Is there any way to prevent an individual app from being deleted by the iPhone with this setting turned on?

Thanks a lot!
2023-5-30
Use props
SparkUK
lvl.1
Indonesia

Anyone? Really need some help with this
2023-6-1
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Cache is a low resolution thumbnail on your phone/controller. Your originals are still on the craft.
2023-6-1
Use props
SparkUK
lvl.1
Indonesia

Mobilehomer Posted at 6-1 07:56
Cache is a low resolution thumbnail on your phone/controller. Your originals are still on the craft.

I get that. My question is (a) can I get them back onto Dji fly as low res cache again including being able to manipulate mastershots etc, eg edit and choose the master shot videos.

Plus why is it deleting the cache files after such a short time

And how can I access cache settings they don’t seem to be there anymore in the app

2023-6-1
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Do you have a micro sd card in the drone? If not, the software is deleting files to make room for more.
2023-6-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, SparkUK. Thank you for reaching out. The video cache is changed to be displayed in the [Aircraft Album] when a device is disconnected, and it is hidden and not displayed when a device is connected. Select the videos to be exported, and tap “Export” in the bottom right corner to export them to the [DJI Album] (namely, the mobile system album). Hope this helps.
2023-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules