If I go back to bed and start again.....
12Next >
349 42 2023-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If I go back to bed and start again....  Will the weather be any better.   Out at 5:30am hoping for an early start to catch up today and maybe get something for sunrise and all I got was wet from the rain that was not on the forecast.  

Its since been blown to @Blériot53 whos under the drizzle,  so Im expecting a bill for the cancellation of his day out.

Taken with Mini 3 Pro.

[See My Other Content...]

2023-5-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2023-5-30
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Urgh.  That doesn't look very promising - but a nice capture nonetheless
2023-5-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 5-30 23:51
Urgh.  That doesn't look very promising - but a nice capture nonetheless

thanks Mr B.    Someone some where I bet home some sun this morning.  
2023-5-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Impressive capture DA.    No doubt a gloomy start to the day though.
2023-5-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-31 04:30
Impressive capture DA.    No doubt a gloomy start to the day though.

It has finally brightened up,  but with that came some wind.   Ive just finished cutting and moving a boat load of wood and Im not sure I have the energy to go out again today
2023-5-31
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Nice dawn capture DAF. clouds are really good.
2023-5-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sky wombat Posted at 5-31 05:13
Nice dawn capture DAF. clouds are really good.

thanks,  those ones were good for making me wet.
2023-5-31
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Very slim nice part but at least no rain yet.
2023-5-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-31 05:09
It has finally brightened up,  but with that came some wind.   Ive just finished cutting and moving a boat load of wood and Im not sure I have the energy to go out again today

That's sounds like a lot of wood.  Can't blame you for being out of energy after that workout.  
2023-5-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Maybe yes.
We are having dry and boring weather here.
2023-6-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-31 07:21
That's sounds like a lot of wood.  Can't blame you for being out of energy after that workout.

I clocked uo 10'000 steps processing the wood and I just hear more is being delivered soon.  But then it's one for the winter then.   And free.  
2023-6-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 6-1 22:41
Maybe yes.
We are having dry and boring weather here.

grey starts here and then wind wind wind.   It's not been good for my spirits or my tomatoes.  
2023-6-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 6-3 00:06
grey starts here and then wind wind wind.   It's not been good for my spirits or my tomatoes.

Right now we have tons of sun.
Unfortunately, Sweden has a massive dry period and no rain on the forecast.
So fire is banned already....
2023-6-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-2 23:43
I clocked uo 10'000 steps processing the wood and I just hear more is being delivered soon.  But then it's one for the winter then.   And free.

Hopefully you have a good storage area to keep it dry until time to burn it.  

We used to keep logs cut up on the farm next to the barn.  One day I went to grab a couple of logs and cut them up when I heard a hissing noise.  Turns out there was a rattlesnake under the edge of the logs.  Fortunately, I was able to back away without getting bit.  Went to get my gun but when I returned it was gone.  So after that I was very careful around that pile of logs.  
2023-6-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 6-3 05:18
Right now we have tons of sun.
Unfortunately, Sweden has a massive dry period and no rain on the forecast.
So fire is banned already....

Oh no,   so no fire pit.   I assume you are visiting Sweden this year?  You had mentioned about something different I think I really from last year.
2023-6-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-3 05:43
Hopefully you have a good storage area to keep it dry until time to burn it.  

We used to keep logs cut up on the farm next to the barn.  One day I went to grab a couple of logs and cut them up when I heard a hissing noise.  Turns out there was a rattlesnake under the edge of the logs.  Fortunately, I was able to back away without getting bit.  Went to get my gun but when I returned it was gone.  So after that I was very careful around that pile of logs.

I have a large enough wood shed that covered but still allows air to blow through,  I do need to pull out whats left from last year and do some organising but were in good shape so far,   The worse I get ion the wood shed is wasps,  no snakes fortunately.  
2023-6-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 6-3 23:09
Oh no,   so no fire pit.   I assume you are visiting Sweden this year?  You had mentioned about something different I think I really from last year.

No fire pit.
Yeah, Sweden again
We thought about it, but decided to take the easy road.
The kids love it there and I don't feel the urge to 'have' to see things and SWMBO has little energy these days, so it's a win win win situation.
2023-6-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-3 23:43
I have a large enough wood shed that covered but still allows air to blow through,  I do need to pull out whats left from last year and do some organising but were in good shape so far,   The worse I get ion the wood shed is wasps,  no snakes fortunately.

I'd rather have the wasps any day over snakes.  Over the years I just developed an intense dislike for snakes, not sure why I just don't like them.
2023-6-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-4 06:22
I'd rather have the wasps any day over snakes.  Over the years I just developed an intense dislike for snakes, not sure why I just don't like them.

We had the closest thing to a snake we get in the garden last night.  

2023-6-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-4 06:22

Both are a pain,  but I can think we can agree on the snakes being the worst.  
2023-6-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-4 23:18
We had the closest thing to a snake we get in the garden last night.  https://www.wildlifetrusts.org/sites/default/files/styles/gallery_image_lap/public/2017-12/Slow_worm_cpt_Bruce_Shortland.JPG?h=4e026002&itok=FDM8jfPd[/img]

[view_image]

Yikes, probably non poisonous but still seeing him raises the hairs on my arms.
2023-6-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-4 23:25
Both are a pain,  but I can think we can agree on the snakes being the worst.

Agreed.  
NSZ.jpg
2023-6-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-5 03:12
Yikes, probably non poisonous but still seeing him raises the hairs on my arms.

It was only small.  12 inch long and 1/4 inch wide.  

DJI are repairing my battery for free which usually means a new one
2023-6-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-5 05:14
It was only small.  12 inch long and 1/4 inch wide.  

Fantastic news about the battery.     
2023-6-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-5 15:19
Fantastic news about the battery.

Yes,    my guess is they will do the label today and it will ship on Wednesday,  so I might see it Friday if Im lucky.  
2023-6-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-5 23:31
Yes,    my guess is they will do the label today and it will ship on Wednesday,  so I might see it Friday if Im lucky.

Maybe it will ship today (Tuesday) and you'll get it Thursday. Wouldn't that be a surprise.  
2023-6-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-6 03:30
Maybe it will ship today (Tuesday) and you'll get it Thursday. Wouldn't that be a surprise.

I got the tracking number and dispatch notification yesterday.   but the tracking number didnt work until about 8am this morning when they only just printed the label.    grrrr
2023-6-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-6 23:49
I got the tracking number and dispatch notification yesterday.   but the tracking number didnt work until about 8am this morning when they only just printed the label.    grrrr

It is always annoying when they print the label but the item doesn't get picked up until a day or even two later.  
2023-6-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-7 03:17
It is always annoying when they print the label but the item doesn't get picked up until a day or even two later.

It appears they issued the tracking number yesterday,   printed the label today so it wont be collected until tomorrow.  Good job Im not in a rush for it,  in fact Im thinking of selling it.
2023-6-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-7 04:39
It appears they issued the tracking number yesterday,   printed the label today so it wont be collected until tomorrow.  Good job Im not in a rush for it,  in fact Im thinking of selling it.

Might be a good idea while it is new.  I'm thinking they will come out with a new design for the Mini 4 Pro.  
2023-6-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-7 17:55
Might be a good idea while it is new.  I'm thinking they will come out with a new design for the Mini 4 Pro.

As I have 7 batteries Im sure the Mini 4 will change the design.
2023-6-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-7 23:18
As I have 7 batteries Im sure the Mini 4 will change the design.

I only have 6 so you got me beat.  Probably best to go ahead and sell the newly replaced battery then.
2023-6-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-8 02:37
I only have 6 so you got me beat.  Probably best to go ahead and sell the newly replaced battery then.

But youve got more plus batteries than me.     I may sell two of my stock and buy another plus,  the palaces that have them here tend to charge a premium for them,  upwards of £115.
2023-6-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-8 04:51
But youve got more plus batteries than me.     I may sell two of my stock and buy another plus,  the palaces that have them here tend to charge a premium for them,  upwards of £115.

Wow, that's quite the price difference than what they are here.  I'm still rotating amongst all the batteries so I don't have a lot of cycles on any of them.  
2023-6-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-10 03:37
Wow, that's quite the price difference than what they are here.  I'm still rotating amongst all the batteries so I don't have a lot of cycles on any of them.

Sadly thats what the black market for them here is like,  unless you order from china but even then there is a premium on them.  
2023-6-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-12 23:37
Sadly thats what the black market for them here is like,  unless you order from china but even then there is a premium on them.

Still sad that the plus batteries are not allowed to be sold in the UK.  

Sadly I had a tab crack on one of my plus batteries.  When I contacted DJI they said that I had to send in the entire Fly More Kit to have the battery evaluated for replacement.  I'm like are you kidding me.  He couldn't explain why it was necessary to send in the whole kit other than that was what his instructions read.  I waited a few hours and called back later to support again and this time they said I only had to send in the cracked tab battery. Got the email shortly after.  Now to pack it up and get it to my least favorite carrier (you guessed it - UPS).
2023-6-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-13 05:20
Still sad that the plus batteries are not allowed to be sold in the UK.  

Sadly I had a tab crack on one of my plus batteries.  When I contacted DJI they said that I had to send in the entire Fly More Kit to have the battery evaluated for replacement.  I'm like are you kidding me.  He couldn't explain why it was necessary to send in the whole kit other than that was what his instructions read.  I waited a few hours and called back later to support again and this time they said I only had to send in the cracked tab battery. Got the email shortly after.  Now to pack it up and get it to my least favorite carrier (you guessed it - UPS).

Tne repair website here also says to send everything but I only send the damaged thing in,    but then of course the label they provide is wrong for customs but thats not been a problem yet.  

Good luck with UPS.
2023-6-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-14 00:44
Tne repair website here also says to send everything but I only send the damaged thing in,    but then of course the label they provide is wrong for customs but thats not been a problem yet.  

Good luck with UPS.

It just seems absurd to mail in a whole Fly More Kit to get a battery replaced.  In any case the battery only is on its way back to DJI via UPS so we will see how that adventure plays out.
2023-6-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-14 03:06
It just seems absurd to mail in a whole Fly More Kit to get a battery replaced.  In any case the battery only is on its way back to DJI via UPS so we will see how that adventure plays out.

It's not good for DJI either as it must cost them more to ship the kit rather than the battery.
2023-6-14
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules