Front Screen
849 14 2023-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0dac51ee
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi,

I recently bought the Osmo Action 3 and I've noticed that when I record in 4K/60, the the front screen doesn’t work. Is this normal? As I’ve not seen any mention of it in any reviews I’ve read/watched. If it is like this, I’m slightly disappointed as I know the GoPro 11’s screen doesn’t do this.

Also, people keep on saying that the front screen is a touchscreen, but whenever I try to do anything on the touchscreen (before I start recording and the screen preview goes off when in 4K/60), it doesn’t let me do anything. It just keeps saying swipe up but nothing happens.

Thanks!
2023-5-31
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

touch front screen and move up with a finger.
look your settings

remove all your setting , latetest fitmware?
2023-5-31
Use props
fans0dac51ee
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Is the screen meant to work when in 4K/60 then?
2023-5-31
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Goto settings and see if you have it turned off
2023-5-31
Use props
fans0dac51ee
lvl.2
United Kingdom

It seems to have started working fine after I reset it. It looks like it may be a random bug or something.

I think I may end up sending my Action 3 back anyway as I've been doing tests with it and the focus isn't as sharp as I would like. It seems to be ok when I turn the camera away from myself, but when I'm vlogging myself with it, it doesn't seem to be in focus, unfortunately
2023-5-31
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

fans0dac51ee Posted at 5-31 12:12
It seems to have started working fine after I reset it. It looks like it may be a random bug or something.

I think I may end up sending my Action 3 back anyway as I've been doing tests with it and the focus isn't as sharp as I would like. It seems to be ok when I turn the camera away from myself, but when I'm vlogging myself with it, it doesn't seem to be in focus, unfortunately

What is the date on your unit?

If you record 4K outdoor in good light with ISO 100-200 on trees, bushes etc. then we can check if your unit is good or not.
Most units doesn't have close focus like for face etc. that is closer than 30cm.
2023-5-31
Use props
fans0dac51ee
lvl.2
United Kingdom

February 2023 is the date on mine.

I was a bit hesitant to be honest and I’m going to do more tests in the sun outside tomorrow with both normal and cinelike colour profiles. I’m sure it’s just me being ridiculously picky as I actually really love the camera and that’s probably why I’m being a bit harsh on it.
2023-5-31
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fans0dac51ee Posted at 5-31 15:34
February 2023 is the date on mine.

I was a bit hesitant to be honest and I’m going to do more tests in the sun outside tomorrow with both normal and cinelike colour profiles. I’m sure it’s just me being ridiculously picky as I actually really love the camera and that’s probably why I’m being a bit harsh on it.

Hi, fans0dac51ee. Thank you for reaching out. Glad to know that the front screen issue has been resolved. For the focus issue, we recommend that you timely update your firmware version and test it. We recommend that you go to a well-lit scenario. If the issue persists, could you please provide the device’s serial number and the photos or videos you deemed had a soft focus issue?
2023-5-31
Use props
fans0dac51ee
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-31 18:22
Hi, fans0dac51ee. Thank you for reaching out. Glad to know that the front screen issue has been resolved. For the focus issue, we recommend that you timely update your firmware version and test it. We recommend that you go to a well-lit scenario. If the issue persists, could you please provide the device’s serial number and the photos or videos you deemed had a soft focus issue?

Hey,

Thanks for the reply. I will do some more tests over the coming days and hopefully it’s not as bad as I initially thought. The lighting hasn’t been the best when I tested it last, so I’m hoping it’s because of that reason. If it does turn out to be bad, I’ll provide videos and the serial number.

Cheers!
2023-5-31
Use props
fans0dac51ee
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hey,

I’ve done a test of around 30 seconds outside to show how the quality looks and hopefully you can see in the video if I have one of the good batches or one with the focus issues. Unfortunately, it was meant to be sunny today but at the moment it’s overcast, but hopefully you can still see if it has issues or not.

Click the Wetransfer link below for the video.

https://we.tl/t-qpgPR23hJ5

Cheers!

EDIT: oh, you can’t click it. Just copy and paste the link above instead. Thanks!
2023-6-1
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Yeah I see the light is not best, and it used higher ISO than 100.
I will say, it do look sharp and to be in focus when I look at the end with your garden. The busch there on right do look sharp.

We have to see what others here say.
2023-6-1
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. How does the footage/quality look to YOU?
2023-6-1
Use props
fans0dac51ee
lvl.2
United Kingdom

osmonauta Posted at 6-1 07:31
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. How does the footage/quality look to YOU?

I think it looks decent, but I’m still not 100% as I keep doubting myself haha
2023-6-1
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

I think it looks good, too, but I wanted to see what you thought about it.
2023-6-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fans0dac51ee Posted at 5-31 23:09
Hey,

Thanks for the reply. I will do some more tests over the coming days and hopefully it’s not as bad as I initially thought. The lighting hasn’t been the best when I tested it last, so I’m hoping it’s because of that reason. If it does turn out to be bad, I’ll provide videos and the serial number.

Hi, fans0dac51ee. Thank you for the reply. We'll forward your video/s to our relevant team for further checking.
2023-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules