RS3 Pro Tilt Axis Drift w/ High Bright Monitor Grips
1485 2 2023-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nurgemedia
lvl.1
United States

I have an RS3 pro w/ a Transmission Combo and the remote grips that have been working fine until we started mounting the system on a crane arm.
Now randomly, the tilt axis will start tilting up or down whenever it feels like it.

Initially, we thought it was the lack of a GPS module so I tracked one down and added that, nope.
We tried a different RS3 Pro to see if it was just mine acting weird, nope.
We mounted different cameras assuming it was a payload issue, nope

The only thing that we can think of is that there is an issue w/ joystick drift in the control handles.
If anyone else is having this issue or has a fix please let me know.

It's already time-consuming to choreograph vehicle-to-vehicle shoots as it is and now having to repeat the movements b/c the camera tilts up whenever it wants to, ruining the shot, does not make it any easier.

Check out the video to see the odd behavior.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k3mh89k71x9n4q3/TRANSMISSION-DRIFT.mp4?dl=0
2023-5-31
Use props
Deeper guy
lvl.2
France

Hello, we've just installed the RS3 pro on a rail and within seconds the same issue occurred. The Ronin is drifting on the Yaw axis. This makes it completely unusable in such a setup. We have to calibrate the Ronin regularly (every 5 minutes max) otherwise it's impossible to work with. The problem is that we have shots that last several hours! If anyone has a solution or if the moderators can relay this message to the developers, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
2023-9-22
Use props
nurgemedia
lvl.1
United States

Deeper guy Posted at 9-22 05:19
Hello, we've just installed the RS3 pro on a rail and within seconds the same issue occurred. The Ronin is drifting on the Yaw axis. This makes it completely unusable in such a setup. We have to calibrate the Ronin regularly (every 5 minutes max) otherwise it's impossible to work with. The problem is that we have shots that last several hours! If anyone has a solution or if the moderators can relay this message to the developers, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I highly suggest contacting DJI support.

The grips don't show up on the "request for service" form so you'll have to contact them directly to start an email chain: support@dji.com.

I sent DJI both grips and they determined that the joystick button board had failed.
They replaced it and sent it back within a week. I got it last Wednesday and tested it on Sunday w/ no issues whatsoever.
2023-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules