Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Banned in the USA
11267 25 2023-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cootertwo
lvl.4
United States

No comment from DJI on the proposed banning of ALL DJI equipment in the USA.......
2023-5-31
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

Dji drones are not Ban in the USA. We can still buy them. They are Ban from service use. Such as police and fire rescue. From what I heard is they are not allow to use dji drones.
2023-5-31
Use props
cootertwo
lvl.4
United States

2023-5-31
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

Yeah that guy don't know what he is talking about.  Banning dji drones for customers lol. Who's gonna come collecting our dji drones? The drone police? Lol. From what I heard is only government agencies such as police and fire fighters, coast guard etc, they can not use dji drones. Normal citizens can. If there is such a law, please come take my dji drone. I like to see you try. Lmao
2023-5-31
Use props
cootertwo
lvl.4
United States

I'm hoping they may become more valuable, if made "ILLEGAL"   ha ha  ha
2023-5-31
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

we've seen this before, this isn't the first attempt, won't be the last, never goes anywhere:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/6572

https://www.congress.gov/bill/118th-congress/house-bill/2864

america is a free country, always will be.
2023-5-31
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, cootertwo. Thank you for reaching out. Consumers are still free to fly their drones within the USA. Please follow the local laws and regulations for a better flight experience. If there have been new developments or statements from DJI, I recommend checking reliable news sources, DJI's official website, or our social media channels for the most up-to-date information.
2023-5-31
Use props
djiuser_aTEEGhbfwvzZ
New
Flight distance : 161371 ft
United States

The funny thing about the whole thing is that all law enforcement and senators use tictok and that's OK but if it's a drone we are spying on everyone anyway so ban them drones..
2023-6-8
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

cootertwo Posted at 5-31 11:39
I'm hoping they may become more valuable, if made "ILLEGAL"   ha ha  ha

Which is why you should buy more now.  
2023-6-9
Use props
fansd10a62fc
lvl.1

United States

I am for impose regulations not to fly them in military installation or other nevralgic places, but why over my house, etc???
2023-11-2
Use props
fansd10a62fc
lvl.1

United States

The Saint Posted at 5-31 12:20
we've seen this before, this isn't the first attempt, won't be the last, never goes anywhere:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/6572

freedom does not exclude RESPONSIBILITY AND PATIOTYZM. got it?
2023-11-2
Use props
djiuser_2pYijmuSzJH4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12051 ft
United States

Most products today are spies and report back to China.  Most everything from China, even if they have a location in the US is banned from service / government use.  I don't blame them.  If everyone reading this post knew how many people know that I went to this webpage and made this post as well that you are reading it, you would never turn on your computer again.  I'll start seeing Facebook ads for DJI now, Microsoft is the #1 spy, only second to Android and Facebook.. Who said it? "We won't need to bug the people, they will bug themselves".  I purchased a Firewalla applicance for my network and 80% of the traffic is now blocked and it is all attempts to the spy network.  Even your TV is watching you watch it now.. Any question why the Government wants no part of it? LOL
2023-11-6
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ridiculous commentary.
2023-11-17
Use props
cootertwo
lvl.4
United States

Still, interesting.
2023-11-19
Use props
Waldo4280
lvl.4
Australia

djiuser_2pYijmuSzJH4 Posted at 11-6 10:17
Most products today are spies and report back to China.  Most everything from China, even if they have a location in the US is banned from service / government use.  I don't blame them.  If everyone reading this post knew how many people know that I went to this webpage and made this post as well that you are reading it, you would never turn on your computer again.  I'll start seeing Facebook ads for DJI now, Microsoft is the #1 spy, only second to Android and Facebook.. Who said it? "We won't need to bug the people, they will bug themselves".  I purchased a Firewalla applicance for my network and 80% of the traffic is now blocked and it is all attempts to the spy network.  Even your TV is watching you watch it now.. Any question why the Government wants no part of it? LOL

Proof, or just hysterical conjecture?
2023-11-20
Use props
fansd10a62fc
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 5-31 11:37
Yeah that guy don't know what he is talking about.  Banning dji drones for customers lol. Who's gonna come collecting our dji drones? The drone police? Lol. From what I heard is only government agencies such as police and fire fighters, coast guard etc, they can not use dji drones. Normal citizens can. If there is such a law, please come take my dji drone. I like to see you try. Lmao
U may end up not being able to fly them up. Fiend of mine had her drone electronically taken over by local army/border forces next day and crashed when they flew it close to Biełaruś border a day before.... Rest tell yourself.
2023-11-26
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansd10a62fc Posted at 11-26 14:44
U may end up not being able to fly them up. Fiend of mine had her drone electronically taken over by local army/border forces next day and crashed when they flew it close to Biełaruś border a day before.... Rest tell yourself.

In the US, the military doesn't take over consumer drones that fly too close.
2023-11-26
Use props
djiuser_2pYijmuSzJH4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12051 ft
United States

Waldo4280 Posted at 2023-11-20 04:12
Proof, or just hysterical conjecture?

Buy a Firewalla firewall appliance and find out for yourself.
2-7 15:03
Use props
Waldo4280
lvl.4
Australia

djiuser_2pYijmuSzJH4 Posted at 2-7 15:03

An example of one thing that might do that cannot be applied to all Chinese products. It’s conjecture and hysteria.
2-8 02:06
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_2pYijmuSzJH4 Posted at 2-7 15:03

As an ex had of a security team at a fortune 500 bank I think you are confused.
A firewall appliance will do zero if you do not know how to configure it.
It just blocks inbound traffic not outbound traffic.
Devices using your local network will always have access outbound through the Appliance unless you specifically allocate non DHCP allocated addresses with your DHCP server that most users don't know what the local DHCP is. By default it's set to allow all outbound through the firewall rules. Allocate fixed IP addresses to all your devices and set Firewall rules to prevent them from accessing outbound traffic based on their IP address. Set black lists for those to block and white lists for those to allow.
And don't think the current Scam of selling VPN software does anything at all for you. It's a scam. The only thing it protects against is local network snooping by the Telecommunications carriers between you end device and the outbound exit point of the far end VPN server. From there to the end web site is totally non VPNed.
The scam that get you are from allowing inbound traffic by installing mischievous software on your device from a scam phone call or clicking on an infected web site. This software allows remote access to your device as it has been set to connected and wait for external connections. If someone asks you to install Team Viewer don't.

Anyhow to finish my rant when you access a web site make sure the connection is vis SSL the website will have a HTTPS:// header rather than a HTTP:// header It is encrypted all the may from your device to the end device not to just your device to the output gateway of the VPN server.

And VPNs and Firewall appliances never protect your personal data. That you gave away to the web site you accessed and provided that data to for them to either sell or lose when they get hacked.

Get yourself a good Anti Virus AND Web Browser that do real time scanning. I have my preferences on Product that I wont mention here. Be cognisant that these also need careful configuration and only partially  useful if not configured from default.   
2-9 06:25
Use props
mobile_mechanic
lvl.1

Canada

DJI requires you to login to your account every 30 days using your remote.. They say this is for safety and to update the flysafe app. But they do download your flight logs every time you login. So can you blame the US government for banning the use of them? They don't want DJI having access to that data. IF the Drone didn't require you to login every mouth and worked with out needing you to do this. Then may be it wouldn't be getting banned.. The ONLY reason to force you to do this is to mine your data
2-19 13:38
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

mobile_mechanic Posted at 2-19 13:38
DJI requires you to login to your account every 30 days using your remote.. They say this is for safety and to update the flysafe app. But they do download your flight logs every time you login. So can you blame the US government for banning the use of them? They don't want DJI having access to that data. IF the Drone didn't require you to login every mouth and worked with out needing you to do this. Then may be it wouldn't be getting banned.. The ONLY reason to force you to do this is to mine your data

So let me see if I can understand this, you believe the US is trying to ban the DJI drone because China forever every DJI drone to send their flight logs to China every 30 days?  . If it they would just stop it, the ban would be lifted?  
2-19 14:43
Use props
nightfly
lvl.4

Romania

if the us will ban dji drones there will be no need for them to enforce this  
everyone will get a forced update to their fly app and the drones will be grounded
2-19 15:42
Use props
mobile_mechanic
lvl.1

Canada

nightfly Posted at 2-19 15:42
if the us will ban dji drones there will be no need for them to enforce this  
everyone will get a forced update to their fly app and the drones will be grounded

Thank God I don't live in the US
2-20 12:59
Use props
mobile_mechanic
lvl.1

Canada

The Saint Posted at 2-19 14:43
So let me see if I can understand this, you believe the US is trying to ban the DJI drone because China forever every DJI drone to send their flight logs to China every 30 days?  . If it they would just stop it, the ban would be lifted?

NO I am not saying that.. But the fact that they do this forced login every 30 days. Is suspicious at best. My drone flies fine as it is. it doesn't need to be updated. Unless I choose to do it.. at a time of my convenience.. Not there's
After all I bought it I own it so who is DJI to say i must do this.. No where in there marking dose it say you must login to your DJI account in order to keep flying it after you bought it. If it did I would of bought a Autel.
1 Last Point I never said they where selling or giving your fight logs or any other data to China. I am just saying the fact you have to login every 30 day may make governments suspicious. After all this Ban is to stop government entity's from buying them but may end up as a full out ban
2-20 13:26
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

mobile_mechanic Posted at 2-20 13:26
NO I am not saying that.. But the fact that they do this forced login every 30 days. Is suspicious at best. My drone flies fine as it is. it doesn't need to be updated. Unless I choose to do it.. at a time of my convenience.. Not there's
After all I bought it I own it so who is DJI to say i must do this.. No where in there marking dose it say you must login to your DJI account in order to keep flying it after you bought it. If it did I would of bought a Autel.
1 Last Point I never said they where selling or giving your fight logs or any other data to China. I am just saying the fact you have to login every 30 day may make governments suspicious. After all this Ban is to stop government entity's from buying them but may end up as a full out ban

Certainly you don't believe that you paid a few thousands dollars and you now own it all....no, it costs a lot more to get all that.  Instead, here's what you got and agreed to, click on the 3rd/last tab to read about how you paid for a license to use their equipment however they dictate:  https://www.dji.com/terms#products-terms

LIMITED LICENSE. DJI grants you a limited, non-sublicensable license to access and use the Product for their intended purposes only. YOU WILL NOT “HACK”, “CRACK”, MODIFY THE PRODUCT INCLUDING ITS FLIGHT SAFETY FEATURES. YOU WILL NOT OPERATE THE PRODUCT OVERRIDING THE FLIGHT SAFETY LIMITATION. ANY USE OF THE PRODUCT OTHER THAN AS SPECIFICALLY AUTHORIZED HEREIN, WITHOUT THE PRIOR WRITTEN PERMISSION OF DJI, IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED AND WILL TERMINATE YOUR RIGHT TO ACCESS YOUR ACCOUNT OR USE THE PRODUCT.

There's also a section on Eligibility and Your Obligations which explains you need a DJI account and you need to accept the updates.
2-20 15:13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules