Suddenly drops out of landscape mode
1994 6 2023-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PoorDadTech
lvl.1

United States

Hey all,

Using my Osmo 6 on a Skype call and the gimbal unexpectedly dropped out of landscape mode twice. I don't believe it was a power loss issue as it went straight to portrait mode with no problem.

Is there a way can get it to STAY in landscape?

Setup:
Osmo 6
iPhone 13 mini (with brace)
DJI Mic

TIA
2023-5-31
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, PoorDadTech. Thank you for reaching out. To properly switch the orientation, please follow the steps below:

1. Power on Osmo Mobile 6 and press the composition button twice to switch between the two orientations. (Recommended)
2. You can also switch between portrait and landscape by rotating the gimbal (roll axis) manually. (Note: Please operate with care to prevent your mobile phone from being damaged).
2023-5-31
Use props
PoorDadTech
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-31 17:25
Hi, PoorDadTech. Thank you for reaching out. To properly switch the orientation, please follow the steps below:

1. Power on Osmo Mobile 6 and press the composition button twice to switch between the two orientations. (Recommended)

Thank you for the reply, but as I mentioned the issue is with it dropping out from landscape mode. I have no issues switching between modes, it just doesn't hold it in landscape.
2023-6-1
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Do you have power save switched on?
2023-6-1
Use props
PoorDadTech
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Osmo-User-1 Posted at 6-1 08:49
Do you have power save switched on?

Good question, I'm not sure. I looked through the manual and didn't find anything on power saving mode.
2023-6-2
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

So from the camera view tap the three dots bottom left, this is on iOS. From the pop up menu touch the bottom icon (4 squares)  set the sleep time to disable.
2023-6-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

PoorDadTech Posted at 6-1 04:08
Thank you for the reply, but as I mentioned the issue is with it dropping out from landscape mode. I have no issues switching between modes, it just doesn't hold it in landscape.

Hi, PoorDadTech. Thank you for your clarification. Can you please provide us a sample video for further checking? Please provide the firnware version as well.
2023-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules