Remote Cable Record Button E2M4 not working
1084 4 2023-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
loewensteinph
lvl.1

Germany

Hi,
i am using a Alvin's Cables Ronin RS2|RSC2|RS3|RS3 Pro Cable with a ZCAM E2M4, which works fine for remote record if directly attached to Raven Eye RSS port.

When its connected to the rs3 pro remote port usb c it wont work if record button is all way pressed on the gimbal.

Tried a spare cable and tried both control ports on ZCAM side.

Any hints are appreciated.
2023-5-31
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, loewensteinph. Thank you for reaching out. The engineers have not tested the compatibility of DJI RS 3 Pro and ZCAM E2M4, we cannot guarantee the control effect; If you cannot control the camera, please confirm whether the camera control cable used is Z CAM will officially launch a dedicated control cable: ①DJI RSC 2 / RS 2 to Z CAM E2 control cable②DJI RSC 2 / RS 2 to Z CAM E2 Flagship Series control cable, see DJI RSC 2 / DJI RS 2 with ZCAM E2M4; If the cable selection is confirmed to be correct, but the control cable is still not working properly, you will need to add the following information:
1) recording a video of the operation;
2) Take a picture of the cable used and the position of the connection at the camera end.
2023-6-2
Use props
loewensteinph
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-2 02:59
Hi, loewensteinph. Thank you for reaching out. The engineers have not tested the compatibility of DJI RS 3 Pro and ZCAM E2M4, we cannot guarantee the control effect; If you cannot control the camera, please confirm whether the camera control cable used is Z CAM will officially launch a dedicated control cable: ①DJI RSC 2 / RS 2 to Z CAM E2 control cable②DJI RSC 2 / RS 2 to Z CAM E2 Flagship Series control cable, see DJI RSC 2 / DJI RS 2 with ZCAM E2M4; If the cable selection is confirmed to be correct, but the control cable is still not working properly, you will need to add the following information:
1) recording a video of the operation;
2) Take a picture of the cable used and the position of the connection at the camera end.

I did some more testing:

1) RS3Pro RSS Port and Record Button do work fine with an Olympus OM1 so those are not an issue

2) LANC Cable used is provided by Zitay works perfectly fine with RS2, even tough not officially supported.

So i guess this might be a RS3 Pro firmware related issue?
20230607_130116.jpg
2023-6-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

loewensteinph Posted at 6-7 03:04
I did some more testing:

1) RS3Pro RSS Port and Record Button do work fine with an Olympus OM1 so those are not an issue

Hi, loewensteinph. We have sent you a PM, please check. Thank you.
2023-6-13
Use props
aspectfilms
New
Australia

Im having exactly the same issue.....Im using an RS3 PRO with Alvins Cables RSS USB-C to serial connector on a ZCAM F6, & it does not trigger the camera into record. The RS3PRO recognises that a Camera control cable is connected but won't trigger record.
I build the same configuration with my RS2 PRO gimbal & it all works fine.....
2023-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules