1298 10 2023-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does anyone know if POI orbiting at night will work with Mavic 3/DJI Fly?
I can't check this myself right now.
Since we need to rely on subject scanning for POI orbits I don't know  what happens if there is no subject to choose but only darkness.
I love the way how it is in DJI Go4: Hover over the POI, hit C1, fly back from the center as needed and hit GO.

I'm asking because I fly at night with Lume Cubes mounted creating visual effects.
So far I did that with the Mavic 2 Pro.

Another thing:
I find subject scanning by dragging a square around the POI way less  accurate then the old fashioned way with DJI Go4 (see above).
I have tried it with the Mavic 3 Cine during daytime and the subject is  mostly centered during the orbit but there are deviations.
I get more accurate results with the Mavic 2 Pro/DJI GO4.

Any other experiences on that?

Thanks!
2023-5-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We will coordinate this with our designated team for clarification. We will keep you posted. Thank you.
2023-6-1
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

It does work if the subject is lighted. More light is better.. I know it does not work in darkness, as we might expect. It is a bit flaky though. So keep an eye out and your fingers close to the remote. I did a nervious nighttime rotate with my M3 around a big fisherman boat with bright lights on it. Maybe just lucky. I can't compare it with my M2P (corrected typo), never tried.
2023-6-1
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27904331 ft
  • >>>
Germany

GaryDoug Posted at 6-1 21:41
It does work if the subject is lighted. More light is better.. I know it does not work in darkness, as we might expect. It is a bit flaky though. So keep an eye out and your fingers close to the remote. I did a nervious nighttime rotate with my M3 around a big fisherman boat with bright lights on it. Maybe just lucky. I can't compare it with my M3P, never tried.

Means
      "M3P"
a Mini 3 Pro or a Mavic 3 Pro...???   
2023-6-1
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

frankymusik Posted at 6-1 21:55
Means
      "M3P"
a Mini 3 Pro or a Mavic 3 Pro...???

Sorry, I mistyped. I meant my M2P.
2023-6-3
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13381447 ft
  • >>>
United States

I did a test last night with the Mavic 3 Enterprise. I guess I finally found something it is better at than the other Mavic 3's. My field here was completely dark. While recieving RTK corrections dare I say it completed a perfect circle?

Screenshot 2023-06-04 073019.jpg
2023-6-4
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Great Shot!!
So did you draw a box on the dark surface as a POI?

Thanks!
2023-6-4
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Eric13 Posted at 6-4 06:37
Great Shot!!
So did you draw a box on the dark surface as a POI?

Thanks! No, the DJI Pilot 2 app does it a little differently. You have to fly to a spot, manually set a pinpoint, then backup from it, then start your orbit. There's not a traditional "point of interest". It's more like a "location of interest". So it does very well for this use case but I'd much rather it be able to lock on to a subject while orbiting. That way it can orbit a moving object like a car, boat or person. This is my first DJI drone that can't do this simple task.
2023-6-4
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I understand. That'ts the way it is in DJI GO4 and I love it.
Too bad DJI FLY doesn't offer this.
2023-6-4
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Eric13 Posted at 6-4 07:03
I understand. That'ts the way it is in DJI GO4 and I love it.
Too bad DJI FLY doesn't offer this.

What I'm trying to find out is how to have just the bottom aux light on, and not the red & green strobes. I was able to control just the aux light with the other 4 off at first. Once I disabled and re-enabled discrete mode I no longer can. It's either all lights on or none. I could cover them with tape like I've done before but it would be so much nicer to just do it via a toggle switch. I know it's possible because I could do it right before I started this flight above.
2023-6-4
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Maybe it makes a difference if you switch into discrete mode before take off versus doing it in the air?
Just guessing because the regular Mavic 3 series doesn't have that mode.

On my Mavic 2 I had the back LEDs which can't be switched off wired through the front LEDs.
Once I turn off the front LEDs the ones in the back also shut off.

2023-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules