Mavic Pro Battery discharge amp question
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
junosky
lvl.1

United States

Hi All,

I checked all over internet and I cannot find any data about the original Mavic Pro battery's discharge amp (30A or 35A?). I know this discharge amp is dynamic while charging and discharging, but I just want to see if someone else know it. So, my questions is what the original mavic pro battery's peak current and continuous discharge current.  I am just curious to kno what kind of battery I am using. Thank you guys !

2023-6-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, junosky. Thank you for reaching out. We'll forward your concern to our relevant team to check if these details are available. We'll get back to you once we received an update.
2023-6-2
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Are these hypothetical or spec maxima that you seek?
If you seek actual recorded values then I think they are available in the flight logs, I can probably dig you out a few from logs I have downloaded from the web.
2023-6-3
Use props
junosky
lvl.1

Taiwan

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 6-3 05:10
Are these hypothetical or spec maxima that you seek?
If you seek actual recorded values then I think they are available in the flight logs, I can probably dig you out a few from logs I have downloaded from the web.

Hi Sean,

Thanks for getting me back. There is no hypothetical scenarios. I am about to purchase new batteries for my original battery. Suddenly, I just like to know those Lipo battery, I know DJI's firmware keeps 35A limit, but I see other users can power the drone with 10A discharge current battery. My understanding is that there is no way you can power motors with 10A, and I was simply curious what discharge amp does DJI battery have, like 30A ? 35A? 60A?
2023-6-3
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I will have a look at both the max current drawn and I think the average current for each flight.
2023-6-3
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If of use the attached is a summary of the battery currents from those mavic pro logs that I have downloaded.

Obviously some of the temperatures need looking at, to see if the logs actually report those values.

2023-6-3
Use props
junosky
lvl.1

Taiwan

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 6-3 13:42
If of use the attached is a summary of the battery currents from those mavic pro logs that I have downloaded.

Obviously some of the temperatures need looking at, to see if the logs actually report those values.

HI Sean,

So the highest amp withdraw in this case  was 28 amp which is very similar to some battery's 30A I am looking for.  Maybe you speeded up the motors when your drone consumed 28.13 amp. So informative. Thank you very much !
2023-6-4
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Those logs are not from a drone I have owned they are from logs downloaded from 'My drone has/had a problem' threads posted on here or MavicPilots.
If you go to
https://phantompilots.com/thread ... sv-converter.70428/
and download
TXTlogToCSVtool.zip
If you have Windows you can use the .exe to process your own logs and produce their csv's. If you can write code you could probably come up with a short program to scan those csv's for the greatest current in each log. I wrote the program to do it with a Linux programming language but I'd guess it can be done with Windows code too but I can't write Windows code.
I should say that two logs reported currents in the thousands of Amps but there is obviously an error there, such currents would have cooked everything in its path.

Alternatively if you upload a few logs to Airdata you can see a break down of battery currents under "Volts and Amps" in the the "Power" section.
2023-6-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, junosky. Thank you for patiently waiting. We now received feedback from our relevant team. According to them, the continuous discharge current is not fixed. For peak current, regretfully, we don't have that specific information. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules