Range of flight around urban area
788 20 2023-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_l7Wj0EAdhmaJ
lvl.1

Israel

Hi all,
Just got this baby yesterday and already had some fun with it.
I'm a bit confused regarding the range of it - the specs say it should be up to 10 KM, but  here I only got to less than 1KM (here are my logs - https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/0XSJWWPFVFAJVM96GBYX/)
I checked and it is not due to distance limitation in the settings...
Am I doing anything wrong?

Thanks,
2023-6-1
Use props
djiuser_l7Wj0EAdhmaJ
lvl.1

Israel

here are my flight logs - https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/0XSJWWPFVFAJVM96GBYX/
2023-6-1
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

Do not expect 10km lol. It's advertised range only. Mine mavic 3 pro is advertised for 15km. Max I can only get was only 4km. Far off the 15km advertised. And that is with FCC mode since I live in the USA. Check if your radio is in FCC or CE. Cause CE will have shorter range. A lot of countries use CE due to laws and regulations. So it limited your range. Even with FCC don't expect to get the 10km advertised range.
2023-6-1
Use props
djiuser_l7Wj0EAdhmaJ
lvl.1

Israel

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 6-1 04:32
Do not expect 10km lol. It's advertised range only. Mine mavic 3 pro is advertised for 15km. Max I can only get was only 4km. Far off the 15km advertised. And that is with FCC mode since I live in the USA. Check if your radio is in FCC or CE. Cause CE will have shorter range. A lot of countries use CE due to laws and regulations. So it limited your range. Even with FCC don't expect to get the 10km advertised range.

hmm
probably good to try it out - how do I change to FCC?
2023-6-1
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_l7Wj0EAdhmaJ Posted at 6-1 04:44
hmm
probably good to try it out - how do I change to FCC?
You cant just change from CE to FCC. It is based on your location, meaning your country. It will auto switch based of where you live. There are hacks to switch to FCC in CE County. But that would be breaking the law. Countries have drone laws for safety, that is why there is FCC and CE. Someone posted a thread about which countries is FCC and which is CE. You should check if your country is FCC or CE.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-282961-1-1.html
2023-6-1
Use props
djiuser_l7Wj0EAdhmaJ
lvl.1

Israel

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 6-1 04:55
You cant just change from CE to FCC. It is based on your location, meaning your country. It will auto switch based of where you live. There are hacks to switch to FCC in CE County. But that would be breaking the law. Countries have drone laws for safety, that is why there is FCC and CE. Someone posted a thread about which countries is FCC and which is CE. You should check if your country is FCC or CE.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-282961-1-1.html

yep...I'm in CE country (Israel)
so can I expect a range of around 1KM?
2023-6-1
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_l7Wj0EAdhmaJ Posted at 6-1 05:11
yep...I'm in CE country (Israel)
so can I expect a range of around 1KM?

Yep. From what i heard 1km is normal for CE.
2023-6-1
Use props
djiuser_l7Wj0EAdhmaJ
lvl.1

Israel

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 6-1 05:24
Yep. From what i heard 1km is normal for CE.

do you think it has anything to do with the phone I'm using?
i.e - I'm using a Xiaomi poco X3 pro. would it help if I'll use a different phone?
2023-6-1
Use props
Speedie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44682 ft
Sweden

djiuser_l7Wj0EAdhmaJ Posted at 6-1 07:09
i.e - I'm using a Xiaomi poco X3 pro. would it help if I'll use a different phone?

Switching phone shouldn't make a difference since its the controller connecting to the drone not the phone to drone.

I only got the mini SE but i noticed that i got slightly better range when i turned off WiFi and Bluetooth on my phone and smart watch.
That might be worth a try if you haven't tried that already
2023-6-1
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

djiuser_l7Wj0EAdhmaJ Posted at 6-1 07:09

It would help if you watch the video in the link...

https://lccsdrone.com/dji-fcc-ce/

2023-6-1
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_l7Wj0EAdhmaJ Posted at 6-1 03:44
here are my flight logs - https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/0XSJWWPFVFAJVM96GBYX/

try https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/0XSJWWPFVFAJVM96GBYX/
2023-6-1
Use props
djiuser_l7Wj0EAdhmaJ
lvl.1

Israel

Burt37 Posted at 6-1 08:59
It would help if you watch the video in the link...

https://lccsdrone.com/dji-fcc-ce/

Thanks. I'll have a look
2023-6-1
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

whoops posted in wrong thread sorry

2023-6-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, djiuser_l7Wj0EAdhmaJ. Thank you for reaching out. The main factors that affect the image transmission distance are firmware, signal transmitter power, attenuation, obstruction, and electromagnetic interference. I’ll troubleshoot for you step by step. Please rest assured.

1. Check the aircraft image transmission distance in your country.
2. Check if the aircraft firmware, remote controller firmware, and app versions are the latest. If not, please update the firmware to the latest versions first.
3. Check the remote controller antenna position. Please place your remote controller antenna in the optimal position.
RC-N1:

4. Keep note of tree and house obstructions near the flying field. After flying for a period, note the obstruction near the horizontal line to ensure that there are no visible obstructions in the aircraft's direction.

5. Check whether there is significant interference in the flight environment. Please turn on the Image Transmission Settings to check the real-time channel quality. Or provide a screenshot or a recorded video for us to see significant interference. If the interference is significant, we recommend changing the flight environment. Common electromagnetic interference sources include but are not limited to Wi-Fi hotspots, routers, Bluetooth devices, high-voltage power lines, high-voltage transmission stations, mobile phone base stations, and television broadcasting towers.

If the issue persists after following the steps above, kindly provide us a video of the operation together with the screenshot of the About page showing the RC firmware, Aircraft firmware, and App version. Thank you for your kind understanding and valued support.
2023-6-2
Use props
MrTreeMan
lvl.1

Israel

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-2 05:42
Hi, djiuser_l7Wj0EAdhmaJ. Thank you for reaching out. The main factors that affect the image transmission distance are firmware, signal transmitter power, attenuation, obstruction, and electromagnetic interference. I’ll troubleshoot for you step by step. Please rest assured.

1. Check the aircraft image transmission distance in your country.

Thanks for that Gamora -
regarding the first one - how should I check it? (I live in Israel)
regarding the rest - I will do that next time I'll fly the drone

Thanks.
2023-6-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

MrTreeMan Posted at 6-5 00:57
Thanks for that Gamora -
regarding the first one - how should I check it? (I live in Israel)
regarding the rest - I will do that next time I'll fly the drone
Hi, MrTreeMan. Israel is using CE certification. The Max Transmission Distance (free of interference) is 6 km. (Measured in an unobstructed outdoor environment free of interference. The above data shows the farthest communication range for one-way, non-return flights under each standard. During your flight, please pay attention to RTH reminders in the DJI Fly app).
2023-6-7
Use props
MrTreeMan
lvl.1

Israel

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-7 04:26
Hi, MrTreeMan. Israel is using CE certification. The Max Transmission Distance (free of interference) is 6 km. (Measured in an unobstructed outdoor environment free of interference. The above data shows the farthest communication range for one-way, non-return flights under each standard. During your flight, please pay attention to RTH reminders in the DJI Fly app).

Thanks for the clarification.
The issue persists... (haven't checked different flying area yet as didn't have a chance).
Where do I find the Image Transmission Settings in the Fly app? didn't manage to find any settings like that (under transmission I only have the option to change between manual and auto)

Thanks again
2023-6-11
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

From memory of other threads, flights in Israel seem to be range limited, perhaps because of interference. Try a different place and or direction. It looks as if you launched the drone between tower blocks, if correct I doubt that helped.
2023-6-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

MrTreeMan Posted at 6-11 04:51
Thanks for the clarification.
The issue persists... (haven't checked different flying area yet as didn't have a chance).
Where do I find the Image Transmission Settings in the Fly app? didn't manage to find any settings like that (under transmission I only have the option to change between manual and auto)

Sorry for the late response. Yes, you are correct the only option available under Transmission settings of the DJI Fly app is for Channel Mode (Auto/Manual), and the frequency is set as 2.4Ghz since you are in the CE region and 5.8Ghz is not available in Israel. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-6-15
Use props
Bupitz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 377648 ft
Romania

Hi there.
I also just switched from a DJI Spark to a DJI Mini 2 SE just becase I wanted more range. As I live in Romania I knew I'm under CE but the advertised transmission range was 6 km in open field so I said that's more than OK for me.
Unfortunatelly, with the settings on AUTO as transmission, max altitude and max distance at maximum in DJI Fly app, I'm only getting 1.3 km after the drone starts RTH. The transmission problems start around 800 m away in an open field with none to low interfference.
I must say all the devices are fully charged and the drone has the latest firmware.
I'm extremely dissapointed about the product. If there is anything I can do to reach around 3 km please let me know.
Thank you in advance!

You can see the recording on the phone screen here:

2023-6-18
Use props
Zoooom
lvl.4

Australia

I live in Australia (CE), in a place free of interference, besides one cell tower 8km away, and my home wifi. My Mini 2 used to do 4.2km, before I dropped it in my dam. I find the Mini 3 Pro with O3 can do 9km+

I may have done one 9.1km trip, and a 6.7km trip to near the cell tower. When I take my drone to the local town, full of cell towers and wifi, I don't notice much degradation, but I also dont fly very far, due to legal problems with houses.
2023-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules