Can't see DNG files for mini 3 pro
1714 15 2023-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matt Dean
lvl.1

Canada

Hi,

I have the drone set to JPEG + RAW. I take pics and then dowload them to the SD card and put that in my computer. I only get JPEGS. No DNG files on the card.

Now, I just got the drone. Does the SD card have to be in the drone to record the DNG files? Or does it matter? I tried both having it store locally and on the card, but still no luck.

Thanks.
2023-6-1
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

You can try sd card in drone & then take JPEG + RAW & see if it shoots Dng files or not.
You will need Raw editing software to edit Dng files.
2023-6-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm if your drone experience a hard landing before? In addition, kindly please confirm what specific micro SD card are you using? try to back up all the files on the said SD card and reformat it then check if the issue persists. Please be advise that the image storage may fail to complete if you remove the SD card or power-off the unit. Lastly, please open the DNG file using Adobe PS/LR as other softwares may not be compatible with it. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-6-2
Use props
Matt Dean
lvl.1

Canada

Ranjan Posted at 6-1 19:59
You can try sd card in drone & then take JPEG + RAW & see if it shoots Dng files or not.
You will need Raw editing software to edit Dng files.

Thanks. I tried the card in both the remote and drone. Only one card at the moment. Waiting for the others to be delivered. Not sure if I need one in both at the same time.

I use Lightroom, so no problem editing.
2023-6-2
Use props
Matt Dean
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-2 00:38
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm if your drone experience a hard landing before? In addition, kindly please confirm what specific micro SD card are you using? try to back up all the files on the said SD card and reformat it then check if the issue persists. Please be advise that the image storage may fail to complete if you remove the SD card or power-off the unit. Lastly, please open the DNG file using Adobe PS/LR as other softwares may not be compatible with it. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Hi. drone has had no bumps or hard landings. I have a Sony micro SD . Has an HC I 3 after the name. It's an SR-16. only card I have right now.

The power was never shut off while transferring. I can see the JPEGS and MP4's, just no DNG files in either Lightroom, or just looking at the contents of the card on my computer.

I am a photographer, so I am quite familiar with handling the files.
2023-6-2
Use props
Matt Dean
lvl.1

Canada

The DNG files are now showing up. no idea why it didn't before. Thanks for the input!
2023-6-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Matt Dean Posted at 6-2 05:21
Hi. drone has had no bumps or hard landings. I have a Sony micro SD . Has an HC I 3 after the name. It's an SR-16. only card I have right now.

The power was never shut off while transferring. I can see the JPEGS and MP4's, just no DNG files in either Lightroom, or just looking at the contents of the card on my computer.

Thank you for keeping us posted. We're glad that the DNG files are now showing on your end. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-6-4
Use props
djiuser_Ncp5glVyYOLh
lvl.2

Australia

This issue is an ongoing problem for me. I capture spherical panoramas in DNG format to process into TIFF, then stitch into areial panoramas of ~ 248 Mpx, like this example: Camberwell Town Hall Sunset
The DNG files do not show in the image previews after landing. The only thing that shows is the DJI badly stitched, low resolution panorama.
I can do a test panorama shoot in my office space, leave the SD Card in the drone, connect the drone USB to my PC and verify that the DNGs are on the card.
Then I can go out on a job and shoot a panorama with the same drone and SD card (still in the drone), do the shoot, and come back to my office and find that there are no DNGs on the card.
The card has not been reformatted or taken out of the drone.
This is a total disaster for commercial shoots and looks very unprofessional. If I go back and reshoot, there is still no guaranteee that the images will be on the SD card.
YES, I wait for the timer indicator below the shuutter button to count down to zero to indicate that the downlaod to the card is complete.
YES, I use a professional SD Card of the type and speed rating recommended by DJI.
This drone has become a total joke since you "updated" the firmware.
In case this was a drone fault, I bought a brand new 2nd drone...it has exactly the same problems.
I have been reporting this issue for months but DJI is in denial. I took both drones to my DJI workshop and left thenm there for a month.
They can't fix the problem and both drones are useless.
I want my money back so that i can go and buy a professional drone.
2023-10-18
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_Ncp5glVyYOLh Posted at 10-18 23:01
This issue is an ongoing problem for me. I capture spherical panoramas in DNG format to process into TIFF, then stitch into areial panoramas of ~ 248 Mpx, like this example: Camberwell Town Hall Sunset
The DNG files do not show in the image previews after landing. The only thing that shows is the DJI badly stitched, low resolution panorama.
I can do a test panorama shoot in my office space, leave the SD Card in the drone, connect the drone USB to my PC and verify that the DNGs are on the card.

have really set the output of photos to Raw or Jpg&raw????

You have to do this during flight, the settings are not available on the ground!

2023-10-18
Use props
_SoP_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 951020 ft
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_Ncp5glVyYOLh Posted at 10-18 23:01
This issue is an ongoing problem for me. I capture spherical panoramas in DNG format to process into TIFF, then stitch into areial panoramas of ~ 248 Mpx, like this example: Camberwell Town Hall Sunset
The DNG files do not show in the image previews after landing. The only thing that shows is the DJI badly stitched, low resolution panorama.
I can do a test panorama shoot in my office space, leave the SD Card in the drone, connect the drone USB to my PC and verify that the DNGs are on the card.

I don't want to be offensive, but if there are two drones with the same "issue", and nobody else is having such issues, can't it be a fault on your side?
I am regularly shooting spherical panoramas with DNG and never had such problems.
2023-10-19
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

_SoP_ Posted at 10-19 00:11
I don't want to be offensive, but if there are two drones with the same "issue", and nobody else is having such issues, can't it be a fault on your side?
I am regularly shooting spherical panoramas with DNG and never had such problems.

exactly what I thought I am pretty sure, that we will not get a reply from him...
2023-10-19
Use props
djiuser_Ncp5glVyYOLh
lvl.2

Australia

UweE Posted at 10-19 00:21
exactly what I thought I am pretty sure, that we will not get a reply from him...

Hi First Officer!
No offence taken! I have been using the Mini3Pro for years and suddenly I am having problems with both my Mini3Pro drones.
I have captured MANY panoramas in RAW (DNG) mode because the drone-stitched Jpeg is of low quality and badly stitched.
For a drone that is trying to maintain an exact position in the air, there is always going to be some movement and that means a formulaic in-drone stitch is usually going to have errors, apart from the low quality of a single jpeg output. Capurting RAW (DNG) files, converting them to TIFF files then stitching on your PC will give you an output panorama of 36000x18000px ie. 648Mpx.
This is what it looks like: https://www.hiddenmelbourne.com.au/camberwell-town-hall/ Camberwell Town Hall Sunset.
My drone firmware is V01.00.0700. I borrowed a friend's drone and his firmware has wisely not been "upgraded" amd is on V01.00.0400. His drone works perfectly and allows me to capture the DNG files for a high quality panorama, stitch them together and create a virtual tour.
I hope that you have some constructive suggestions about how to solve this issue?
I look forward to your reply. Best regards from Melbourne Australia.
Barney
2023-10-22
Use props
djiuser_Ncp5glVyYOLh
lvl.2

Australia

Hi First Officer and Captain
I also have a an Insopire 2 +Zenmuse X7 +50mm lens, which allows me to capture 3Gigapixel aerial panoramas, like this view of the city and surroundings 5 kmo from the edge of the CBD.
Melbourne from Xavier College
I look fiorward to your constructive suggestion about how to solve the problem of two of my Mini3Pros, which will not shoot the DNG files that I need to create high resolution areial panoramas.
Best regards to both of you, Barney
2023-10-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_Ncp5glVyYOLh Posted at 10-22 23:12
Hi First Officer!
No offence taken! I have been using the Mini3Pro for years and suddenly I am having problems with both my Mini3Pro drones.
I have captured MANY panoramas in RAW (DNG) mode because the drone-stitched Jpeg is of low quality and badly stitched.

For a drone that is trying to maintain an exact position in the air, there is always going to be some movement and that means a formulaic in-drone stitch is usually going to have errors, apart from the low quality of a single jpeg output.
The slight movement of the drone has no effect on stitching.
The problems you are describing are due to low quality stitching software, and sometimes difficult stitching subjects like water foregrounds.

Capurting RAW (DNG) files, converting them to TIFF files then stitching on your PC will give you an output panorama of 36000x18000px ie. 648Mpx.
Looking at your example, you are fooling yourself that you need to shoot dng.
If you shot jpg and used good stitching software, you're results would be fine and you couldn't tell the difference.

2023-10-23
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_Ncp5glVyYOLh Posted at 10-22 23:12
Hi First Officer!

Hi Barney!
Good to see you back here and replying!
Don't get me/us wrong, but the internet is a place, where lot of people asking questions
(no matter whether they are stupir or not) and when they get answers/help, they do not
reply. That's what we expected here and I am happy, that you react now.

So it is even more strange, that you suddenly have problems, not finding your DNGs, although you have some experience with panoramas.

Have you checked the settings, as described in the linked youtube video?
For test purposes, I throw my M3P in the air, started a 180 panorama and set to RAW.
The result was a in-drone created jpg-panorama and in the Panormama-folder on the SD-card, the DNG-files for stitching with Lightroom.
I have the latest 0700-firmware installed.

BR Uwe
2023-10-23
Use props
djiuser_Ncp5glVyYOLh
lvl.2

Australia

Hi UwE
Thanks for the comment.
I have a friend with a M3P and they are not having problems.
The problems started when I updated the firmware on the Mini3Pro. It is now on V01.00.0700. The only downgrade choice is V01.00.0600 and that has the same problem.
I bought a second Mini3Pro which I want to use to teach students how to shoot panoramas. That has been on the updated firmware since I bought it and has the same problem of not saving the DNG files.
I borrowed a Mini3Pro from a friend who has never updated the drone and is on firmware V01.00.0400.
As you can see from some of the links that I have posted, the sub250g Mini3Pro can deliver a very good quality panorama if I am in locations where I may not use the larger drone.
That drone captures and stores the DNG files on the SD card in the drone.

I have captured MANY panoramas with the Mini3Pro, processed the DNGs to Tiff format and stitched in PTGUI Pro.
The in-drone jpeg stitched panorama is very low resolution and badly stitched. I can get 248Mpx panoramas from the Mini3Pro, but it no longer works after the firmware upgrade.
All that I am asking DJI is to enable a firmware downgrade to the working version.
I don't know what they "fixed" but it has broken the panorama function for those who want DNG files.
In desperation I have also shot jpeg-only, to at the least have something to stitch, but the drone doesn't save the jpegs after doing an in-drone stitch
Now suddenly, after the "upgrade" it no longer works.
This issue has been with the local DJI store for 2 months now and they are denying the issue totally, even when I shoot a panorama at the store and then check the SD card in their store.
All that is on the card is the low res version of the pano, the jpeg and dng frames are not on the card.
regds, Barney

2023-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules