Can mini pro 3 be picked up by magnet?
505 9 2023-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AdventureMuffin
New

United States

Hi,
While executing a mastershot, my mini 3 pro flew into a canyon wall.
Two questions
1 Is there enough metal on this mini 3 to be picked up by a strong Neodymium magnet (rare earth) to securely lift it if attached to another drone capable of lifting it and magnet?
2  Although set to avoid obsticals, it did not avoid this one.  Is obstical avoidance disabled with mastershots and if so, why?

I look forward to your advice!

2023-6-2
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Your magnet might be strong enough to 'connect' with the magnets in one of the motors but I doubt there is any other significant amount of magnetic metal in the drone. I also suspect that any grip your magnet could get on a motor's magnets would be tenuous and easily 'broken', meaning the rescuing drone would have to be flown very gently.
I can't help but wonder what, if anything, such a magnet would do to
a) the rescuing drone
b) the rest of the rescued drone and
c) the magnets in the rescued drone's motor?
I think you would do better to come up with some other form of drone fishing, possibly a hook on the end of a string or some form of loop on the end of that string that can snag the drone.
What drone would you propose to use as the rescuer?
Remember there is a danger the crashed drone could be stuck/jammed so you need to be able to 'unhook' the rescuer or break the connection between them otherwise the rescuing drone might also become stuck
2023-6-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the incident that happened on your unit. In this case, I'm afraid that you may consider sending in the unit for proper diagnostics. You may submit a ticket case at https://repair.dji.com/repair/index . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-6-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-2 21:30
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the incident that happened on your unit. In this case, I'm afraid that you may consider sending in the unit for proper diagnostics. You may submit a ticket case at https://repair.dji.com/repair/index . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your understanding and support.

You mis-read his post.  He does not have the drone as it is stuck somewhere down a canyon wall and he is trying to figure out how to retrieve it.  
2023-6-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-3 04:22
You mis-read his post.  He does not have the drone as it is stuck somewhere down a canyon wall and he is trying to figure out how to retrieve it.

Hello, DowntownRDB. We appreciate you pointing it out. My apologies for the misunderstanding. The user may contact our team once he retrieves the unit so we can check it further on our facility. If the unit is unretrievable, he can file a flyaway case on this link https://repair.dji.com/us/repair/flyaway . Thank you.
2023-6-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-5 01:19
Hello, DowntownRDB. We appreciate you pointing it out. My apologies for the misunderstanding. The user may contact our team once he retrieves the unit so we can check it further on our facility. If the unit is unretrievable, he can file a flyaway case on this link https://repair.dji.com/us/repair/flyaway . Thank you.

No problem.  I know the Mods/Admins have lots of posts to read and respond to.  Have a wonderful day.
2023-6-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-5 03:28
No problem.  I know the Mods/Admins have lots of posts to read and respond to.  Have a wonderful day.

We really appreciate your kindness and appreciation. Have a blessed day ahead!
2023-6-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-8 01:28
We really appreciate your kindness and appreciation. Have a blessed day ahead!

You also have a wonderful day Paladin.  
2023-6-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-8 03:06
You also have a wonderful day Paladin.

Thank you, DowntownRDB. Cheers!
2023-6-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-10 01:23
Thank you, DowntownRDB. Cheers!

Just trying to help where I can.  Have a wonderful day.
2023-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules